The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

I think it will be about who the bigger contender is. Vancouver right now is the bigger contender compared to Detroit who lost Rafalski, Stuart and Lidstrom in just the last 2 years and haven't replaced them. Vancouver has also been to the finals recently and a back to back president trophy winner with an ability to win the cup this year. I just don't see him going to Detroit as they aren't that great team anymore with the loss of Stuart and Lidstrom this year. Det and Van also play similar style of puck possession with Detroit using the left wing lock and Vancouver using a more aggressive forechecking style that fits Doan's style better.

2 years/10 million

i want him badly....

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Sean Bergenheim ($2.750m) / Marcel Goc ($1.700m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Tom Kostopoulos ($1.000m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Keaton Ellerby ($0.700m) / Matt Gilroy ($1.400m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Steve Eminger ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,825,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,375,000

Doan in a Canucks uniform is intriguing, but he's the exact player that Detroit covets and you know Holland is going to be pursuing Doan intensely because they lost Lidstrom and failed to lure Suter to Hockeytown.

Plus, what number would Doan wear here - his number isn't available and that right there is likely the final deal-breaker :) .

Doan in a Canucks uniform is intriguing, but he's the exact player that Detroit covets and you know Holland is going to be pursuing Doan intensely because they lost Lidstrom and failed to lure Suter to Hockeytown.

Plus, what number would Doan wear here - his number isn't available and that right there is likely the final deal-breaker :) .

numbers will change and he will have the one he wants.I would ask what he wants and give him it with an extra 50,000 signing bonus or something and make him feel welcome.Asks players he knows to call him to make him feel more welocme,like our Captain should be involved as that would show him respect.He is still awesome and we sure could use him to make us better.

that would be a risk the Canucks need to take... are you saying that there has never been a 39 year old that still can be effective in the NHL?...last time i checked Selanne was 42 years old and Mark Recchi (at over 40 years old) was an important piece to the Bruins' cup.

some team will be wiling to give Doan a 4 year deal and that will most likely the team he will sign with....lets hope its the Canucks.

How many +35's have you seen Gillis offer a multi year deal to?

I've seen maybe 1, and it was basically a given that he wouldn't take that attention grabbing two year deal. If we're close to landing him, maybe we add on a couple 100k to sweeten the deal. There's no chance Gillis ups the offer to a 4 year term. If the rumors are true and Vancouver is a desired destination, I'm guessing the hold-up is that Gillis won't do more than 2 years.

Archived