The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there not a conflict of interest(s) with the NHL owning Phoenix, outbidding other privately-owned teams, a money-losing and revenue-sharing team, and negotiations with the Players Association on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement where the NHL is trying to reduce players salaries and the salary cap?

How does Buttman squirm up out of the mud on this one?

Is there not a conflict of interest(s) with the NHL owning Phoenix, outbidding other privately-owned teams, a money-losing and revenue-sharing team, and negotiations with the Players Association on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement where the NHL is trying to reduce players salaries and the salary cap?

How does Buttman squirm up out of the mud on this one?

This is BS. We're gonna waste all summer for this sht, only to find out that the prick ends up resigning with the Coyotes. I can just see it happen, I really can. Unless something dramatic happens between now and the season start, this is gotta be the worst off season ever in the history of the canucks.

This is BS. We're gonna waste all summer for this sht, only to find out that the prick ends up resigning with the Coyotes. I can just see it happen, I really can. Unless something dramatic happens between now and the season start, this is gotta be the worst off season ever in the history of the canucks.

By making all these teams wait for him for nothing. Ridiculous hysterics? Give me a break, its been a terrible off season and I'm getting fed up of waiting for something to happen, and I assure you I'm not the only one who feels like this here.

By making all these teams wait for him for nothing. Ridiculous hysterics? Give me a break, its been a terrible off season and I'm getting fed up of waiting for something to happen, and I assure you I'm not the only one who feels like this here.

He claims to have the additional $20M needed to buy the team but it also says he still needs to find the capital to run it. In addition, there is a court hearing on the 24th by a higher court to look at the petition that was rejected by the lower courts. The Goldwater group is still a threat to sue as well.

Scraping together the cash to buy a money-losing hockey franchise, is a recipe for disaster. They will be a budget team barely making the cap floor and the product on the ice will reflect that. That leads to fewer fans and more losses and eventually, the break-up of the investment group.

The NHL is showing very poor business judgement in allowing this mistake to carry on. There's a philosophy in golf...don't let one bad shot cost you more than one stroke. The NHL hit the ball deep into the woods in going to Phoenix in the first place, tried to hit a 350 yard recovery shot through dense forest that resulted in the ball bouncing further into the trees. They'd be better to just take an unplayable lie and accept their loss.

Nucks need to move now on the Lu deal, forget Doaner. It was his agent's tactic to use us and the other teams as negotiating bait. Let us not forget this crap for next time. Wasted bandwith and summer waiting for Doan to sign here. He'll end up with a crap cellar feeder NHL team that will no doubt be in trouble again down the road. Hope Dustin Brown hip checks him next time. Max-Lap will face wash you too when the Nux play the Yotes!

Nucks need to move now on the Lu deal, forget Doaner. It was his agent's tactic to use us and the other teams as negotiating bait. Let us not forget this crap for next time. Wasted bandwith and summer waiting for Doan to sign here. He'll end up with a crap cellar feeder NHL team that will no doubt be in trouble again down the road. Hope Dustin Brown hip checks him next time. Max-Lap will face wash you too when the Nux play the Yotes!

Doan leaving Phoenix is, in my opinion, is very possible. Even if Jamison does have the rest of the money needed for the purchase, it seems to me he doesn't possess the necessary resources to sustain the team and absorb the losses they are going to endure in Arizona. The fact that his struggles just to secure the funds for the initial purchase should be a blaring siren to Buttman that this may not be their guy. In the end we all know where this is heading; Another owner abandoning a sunk ship in a couple of years, and a Commissioner looking, once again, like a moron. I don't think Doan is looking at just an immediate fix in Phoenix; He wants to know that the situation is solved long term and I don't see this being the case.

Archived