The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atheism On The Rise In America

Sharpshooter

Yes we should have, and rightly so, because we got proof saying otherwise. Whereas, where is your proof going contrary to the understanding of 'God'? Now you're just betting against all that understanding, and asking us to give the proof. There's not a lack of reason to believe in God, it's more that you would rather reject all the reasoning there is - but on what exact basis? The fact that you can't see this being?

That's true. But there is a difference between the two.

Multiverse doesn't support that the Big Bang was the beginning of it all neither. Like I said, Big bang had an origin so of course it can't be the beginning of it all. The point was, since it had an origin - it was 'created'?

Thanks, this is interesting. Even if this theory is true, I don't see how it makes God unnecessary.

The real point is who cares?

Personally I'm am an Atheist but grew up going to Anglican church every Sunday and I don't give two craps if people believe in God or not. If someone wants to believe they have just as much right to believe then I do in not believing.

Does their belief make me change my mind? No, is it justified for me to tell them their wrong? No, its none of my business or anyone else's what someone wants to believe.

So I ask you, who cares if people are Atheist or not? Does it affect you directly if Joe Blow down the street loves God or hates him? No, it doesn't affect anyone but Joe Blow. The whole debacle over religion and the problems it causes are ridiculous and if everyone just left everyone else to believe in whatever they want this thread wouldn't even exist in the first place.

Well power to those people, but in MY opinion, the belief of something that's wrong inhibits the progress of the human race.

Take stem cell research for example.

Or war for another.

So. We've got an enormous burden on our hands. And it is a big deal if people still believe in fairy tales when they're 50 years old because it's ridiculous.

Don't buy it? You see it's sort of like being a racist. Religion doesn't provide unity. It creates seperation. Your religion versus mine.

The real point is who cares?

Personally I'm am an Atheist but grew up going to Anglican church every Sunday and I don't give two craps if people believe in God or not. If someone wants to believe they have just as much right to believe then I do in not believing.

Does their belief make me change my mind? No, is it justified for me to tell them their wrong? No, its none of my business or anyone else's what someone wants to believe.

So I ask you, who cares if people are Atheist or not? Does it affect you directly if Joe Blow down the street loves God or hates him? No, it doesn't affect anyone but Joe Blow. The whole debacle over religion and the problems it causes are ridiculous and if everyone just left everyone else to believe in whatever they want this thread wouldn't even exist in the first place.

Well power to those people, but in MY opinion, the belief of something that's wrong inhibits the progress of the human race.

Take stem cell research for example.

Or war for another.

So. We've got an enormous burden on our hands. And it is a big deal if people still believe in fairy tales when they're 50 years old because it's ridiculous.

Don't buy it? You see it's sort of like being a racist. Religion doesn't provide unity. It creates seperation. Your religion versus mine.

And so from this, you think maybe concept of God is not needed to explain any phenomena which might be currently explained or not. That's where your atheism is born.

It almost seems as if the idea of a supernatural higher being was always there... it's more of a "so are you gonna take it or not". I'd say the burden of proof is more on the religion ie: prove Allah/what makes the Qur'an right.

God is only unnecessary because you assume it to be, not because it has been proven. Just because in the past, Romans or whatever attributed eclipses to being acts of god (but we can now explain it) doesn't mean that it makes God unnecessary for it to happen. If God had created the universe, then He can sustain it and it's laws as well - and this is consistent with Islamic theology. So to me, I have no problem believing God is necessary... to each their own. I just don't feel like I should have the inherant and objective right to be humilated for holding that belief though.

Hey, maybe "God" is still tinkering and should the results not come out right just do the standard engineer move and blow it all up and start over.

That you were foolish enough to put in a tithe is your own problem. Much like those bastards that sold me that two dollar ticket that turned out to be worthless all one can reasonable expect to get in return for the payment is a brief feeling of hope.

Archived