The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

9 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Every time I see Phillips, I think of his benching of Flutie and I get pissed off all over again.

I have said this many times and I still maintain to this day, if Flutie starts that game against the Titans, the Music City Miracle never happens. (It was a forward lateral anyway)

BTW: Didn't Flutie execute a successful drop kick that season? I'm pretty sure I remember it and most of the players on the field had no idea what had just happened.:lol:

10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Every time I see Phillips, I think of his benching of Flutie and I get pissed off all over again.

I have said this many times and I still maintain to this day, if Flutie starts that game against the Titans, the Music City Miracle never happens. (It was a forward lateral anyway)

BTW: Didn't Flutie execute a successful drop kick that season? I'm pretty sure I remember it and most of the players on the field had no idea what had just happened.:lol:

Funny thing is if that play never happens I'm not a Titans fan and probably still a Bills fan. 

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh, he can't change the city he plays in.  Buffalo will never win anything, ever.  It is the one city us Vancouverites actually feel sorry for. 

18 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

lmao. Peyton, the golden boy of the NFL who could never do no any wrong. 

Bet you the same stuff will happen in the HGH scandal and it'll all be swept under the carpet.

lmao if it was Tom and not Peyton you'd be defending his ass right now.

But then again. Tom would be vilified where Peyton isn't.

12 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

lmao if it was Tom and not Peyton you'd be defending his ass right now.

But then again. Tom would be vilified where Peyton isn't.

Formy pls. Sexual assault isn't a joke or something where even the biggest of homerism can interfere with. 

And true.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Bet you the same stuff will happen in the HGH scandal and it'll all be swept under the carpet.

Gotta say if it's true, that's fackd. But Peyton's built such a great image that even this couldn't tarnish it. He's been so squeaky clean in his time in the nfl that he would have to murder someone, on national television, for everyone to turn on him. 

It makes you wonder though. How many scandals have been swept under the rug for star athletes. It probably happens a lot more than people think. 

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

This isn't new news or the first time that info has come out. Back in 2013-14 when the league was ripe with scandal Peyton did an interview with ESPN and had to re-settle with the doctor. 

Nevertheless, if what she claimed he did actually happened, what a childish and bizarre thing to do. Pull your pants down and sit your ass, balls, and all that's in between right on her face and head? 

What the hell? Who does that? And 2 settlememts? If that doesn't say guilty then nothing does.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Gotta say if it's true, that's fackd. But Peyton's built such a great image that even this couldn't tarnish it. He's been so squeaky clean in his time in the nfl that he would have to murder someone, on national television, for everyone to turn on him. 

It makes you wonder though. How many scandals have been swept under the rug for star athletes. It probably happens a lot more than people think. 

It's gotta be true right? Innocent until proven guilty only applies to Bradys

If you read the whole article, even if the sexual assault was never proven in court, everything surrounding the case makes the Manning family out to be a bunch of racist/sexist a-holes. 

Manning deserves to be raked through the coals, but he's the face of companies worth billions of dollars and so privately-owned news outlets will never risk upsetting their clients.

Edited by Down by the River

Guilty or not, lol @ the NFL and ESPN for having 0 mentions about this story anywhere on their websites or channels. 

Wonder if Goodell will hire Wells to write a fake HGH report during his "investigation" ... Probably not though. 

Just another day in the NFL. (Wish we had a beer mug emoji to insert here)

"According to Naughright, university officials seemed intent on downplaying the incident and protecting Manning, arguably the best and most celebrated player in Tennessee’s history. In fact, she claims one university official asked her to blame whatever transpired on an African-American athlete and she refused."

Wow, Tennessee in 1996. 

2 hours ago, MayRayDown said:

Innocent until proven guilty only applies to Bradys

Lmao.

I mean all the things he made up in the case were proven wrong by his own teammates under oath and it's there in the article. Yea 2 settlements definitely shows a guy who's innocent..

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Lmao.

I mean all the things he made up in the case were proven wrong by his own teammates under oath and it's there in the article. Yea 2 settlements definitely shows a guy who's innocent..

I agree for the most part, the thing I wonder about is why this is facing a resurgence when it was already a known story. Because he won another title so people care about it again? If he did it then he's a bitch, and should eat shyte. So should everyone who waited until now to make an effort to go after him when they had the chance before. Obviously I'm not referring to the doctor, just media and whoever else.

Win and they come after ya, what else is new eh Pats fans?