The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Osweiler was better than Manning this year.  Just sayin'.

He was until defenses started to figure him out. We were a field goal/touchdown away from being 2nd, or possibly 1st in the AFC and Denver's playoff hopes being in jeopardy. 

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

He was until defenses started to figure him out. We were a field goal/touchdown away from being 2nd, or possibly 1st in the AFC and Denver's playoff hopes being in jeopardy. 

Whereas Manning wasn't 'figured out', right.   "Figuring out" a young quarterback is on the O-coordinator.

13 hours ago, drdeath said:

I hear you on this struggle. I need this hat, but it's out of stock on NFL.com now :(

ff_2346917alt1_full.jpg&w=600

Just wait until the local sports shops in Vancouver have them. Lids and Jersey City will definitely have them.

I mean... if all you're gonna get is the hat, then wait until local sports shops in Vancouver have them, is what I meant.

Edited by Apple Juice

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Enjoy watching the parade today, Heffy. Try to find an online stream of a Denver news channel. I was lucky I get WBZ-TV (Cbs Boston) on Telus. I'm sure you can google a link to the stream. Wonder if anyone will be as drunk as Gronk was last year. Talib probably :lol:

I'll have to YouTube it after work unfortunately.

Cam is the man. Frack all the people/media who want him to act like every white QB. He's who he is and doesn't care.

...funny how some Seahawks fans here are giving him crap for leaving the media session as he overheard Broncos players beside him but at the same time backed beast for all the antics he did near the end of his career. Contradictory as they say :lol: 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Cam is the man. Frack all the people/media who want him to act like every white QB. He's who he is and doesn't care.

...funny how some Seahawks fans here are giving him crap for leaving the media session as he overheard Broncos players beside him but at the same time backed beast for all the antics he did near the end of his career. Contradictory as they say :lol: 

The difference is Lynch is like that win or lose. Cam is all bravado when he is winning and petulant when he loses. He is the epitome of poor sportsmanship. You were the one who said CAMvp was going to be dabbing and dancing in the endzone all the way to the championship. All I saw was him pouting all the way to a loss. Perhaps if he showed a little leadership and heart despite being behind they could have won that game. Oh and maybe try jumping on that ball you just fumbled.

You keep bringing up white and black like it makes a difference. To some it might but anyone who acts like Cam would be receiving the backlash he is getting right now no matter the colour of their skin. We kept hearing, don't like Cam's antics, keep him out of the enzone. Well, that's exactly what happend so he and his fans need to man up and accept the consequences of his showboating throughout the season. You reap what you sow. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Just wait until the local sports shops in Vancouver have them. Lids and Jersey City will definitely have them.

I mean... if all you're gonna get is the hat, then wait until local sports shops in Vancouver have them, is what I meant.

I hear you on that but I'm not sure if they'll ever carry this specific hat. They'll get the SB Champions hat but this was the gameday sideline one. I'll probably impulse buy some of the merch that does make it into stores though.

3 minutes ago, MayRayDown said:

Glad D.Thomas gets a pass for his whole postseason. While everyone rags on Peyton

Trust me, he's not getting a pass on the Broncos boards.  Lots of fans are ready to drive him to the airport and it's not a terrible idea if it lets us keep the defense more or less intact.

15 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Who's giving him a pass? If we gave him one he'd just drop it anyway.

All I ever see are Peyton memes that arent even dank. What ever happened to D. Thomas? thought he was an elite receiver but didn't seem like it this year (I didn't watch many Bronco games but the stats)

6 minutes ago, MayRayDown said:

All I ever see are Peyton memes that arent even dank. What ever happened to D. Thomas? thought he was an elite receiver but didn't seem like it this year (I didn't watch many Bronco games but the stats)

Got outplayed by Sanders who actually catches the football.

7 minutes ago, MayRayDown said:

What happened to him was inconsistency. Some days he looked pretty good and some days he was Dropmaryius. Also what Heffy said Sanders was better than him on the balance of the year.

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Got outplayed by Sanders who actually catches the football.

Yeah I always liked the Sanders signing. Thomas still got a lot of targets, but like 1/2 catches a game which is odd imo. Wonder if anything will happen to him in the offseason.

And gratz on the Superbowl victory

I'm not a Cam Newton fan, but the man is getting all kinds of undeserved $&!# flung at him. Once again the media is focusing on all the wrong things. He never showed up that game, plain and simple. Denver didn't allow him to get into a groove, and he looked dejected all night. You could see it in his body language, and you definitely saw it when he didn't fall on his own damn fumble. That's plain weak right there. Yet the media focuses on how he answers questions. It's bogus if you ask me.

The guy was hands down the best qb in the league this season, but he crapped the bed when it mattered most and instead of focusing on that, people still harp on him for... what exactly? Somewhat answering 4 questions and walking? Big deal. 

The guy is a beast on the field though and while his on field antics polarize people he backs it all up with tremendous play. But when you revel in the spotlight as a winner you need to manage how to deal when you lose.

He's still young, maybe he'll figure it out and still be able to have the fun he does.

Edited by Green Building
  • Upvote 1

On 2/9/2016 at 9:29 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Just get it. Forget the exchange rate. When you're wearing your apparel months, years from now, you're not going to miss the extra $10 you spent. I bought a Pats Super Bowl t shirt, long sleeve, and hoodie last year. Don't even remember now how much I spent, nor do I care, I just love having them. Enjoy!

Agreed on the exchange rate. As you said, who's going to worry about ten bucks when you're proudly wearing your Pats gear around town...

Far more important to worry about getting beat up everywhere you go.:P

On 2/9/2016 at 9:41 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Not my opinion, just saw it on Facebook and thought I'd share.

12670121_1053511438052648_34505808261593

Totally agree. Who cares if Cam doesn't like losing. That's the kind of player you want on your team.

BTW: People are talking about Broncos receivers, but how many catch-able balls did the Panthers drop on Sunday? It looked like everyone was eating popcorn right before kickoff.