The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

I like Kaepernick and I absolutely respect and support his political views and his form of protest against police violence.

However, at the time he was fired he was nowhere near one of the best QBs in the league. Now 3(?) years have passed without him playing a single game and now he's supposed to be NFL ready? I mean I could understand signing him for a minimum contract or signing him on the practice squad. But would he actually be fine with that? Or is he looking for a starting job?

In Kaep's last season he was much better than half the guys in the league presently. 

He just showed (and confirmed by scouts) his arm is still at an elite level. 

You can't really test decision making until he's going against a defence, but that's what practice squads are for.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

I like Kaepernick and I absolutely respect and support his political views and his form of protest against police violence.

However, at the time he was fired he was nowhere near one of the best QBs in the league. Now 3(?) years have passed without him playing a single game and now he's supposed to be NFL ready? I mean I could understand signing him for a minimum contract or signing him on the practice squad. But would he actually be fine with that? Or is he looking for a starting job?

He just wants a job, doesn't even need to be starting. He's sure as hell better than the trash people are trotting out there on the field as of late.

• Cheers 1

If the Bengals are sold on Tua pre-injury, they should still draft him at #1. 

Keep Dalton for next season while Tua recovers to ensure another top 5 pick. 

Get another solid piece with that 2021 top 5 pick and head into the 2021-2022 season with a healthy Tua and the 2021 top 5 pick leading the way. 

Thoughts @Pears ?

Of course Tua could elect not to declare this year and come back next year to Bama. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

If the Bengals are sold on Tua pre-injury, they should still draft him at #1. 

Keep Dalton for next season while Tua recovers to ensure another top 5 pick. 

Get another solid piece with that 2021 top 5 pick and head into the 2021-2022 season with a healthy Tua and the 2021 top 5 pick leading the way. 

Thoughts @Pears ?

Of course Tua could elect not to declare this year and come back next year to Bama. 

I wouldn’t mind that, but I think with this most recent injury we’ll almost for sure take Burrow if we secure the top pick. 

Then again knowing this franchise it wouldn’t shock me if we took Andrew Thomas :ph34r:

But for the love of god, who ever we take with our first pick please keep him in bubble wrap over training camp. 

Edited by Pears
added thought

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I wouldn’t mind that, but I think with this most recent injury we’ll almost for sure take Burrow if we secure the top pick. 

Then again knowing this franchise it wouldn’t shock me if we took Andrew Thomas :ph34r:

But for the love of god, who ever we take with our first pick please keep him in bubble wrap over training camp. 

I think Burrow will have more nfl success than Tua. 

Also, trade AJ Green 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Also, trade AJ Green 

Got to say not liking the Pats this year.  I know they are 9-1, but they are not looking like a top team.  Home field might be their saving grace, but can they beat a team like Baltimore, even on their home field.  I don't know what it is, but the Pats (and Brady too) just seem off this whole season.  

21 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Also, trade AJ Green 

Burrow is definitely more polished.  Tua struggled against strong pass rushes, and honestly could use more seasoning.  He has talent but is still very raw, with less than two full seasons starting.  He's a high risk, high reward type guy who will need the right situation to succeed.  Burrow is easily the most improved player in the NCAA this season.  I'd take him over a healthy Tua.

Tua likely declares anyway because Lawrence is going first overall in 2021.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Have the Patriots been exposed the last 2 weeks? 

Held under 20 points 2 weeks in a row.

Tom Brady had one of his worst games of the season.

Yet they still won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2019 at 12:08 PM, Lateralus91 said:

I respect his views - but I do/did NOT support him using his employer to protest.

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Got to say not liking the Pats this year.  I know they are 9-1, but they are not looking like a top team.  Home field might be their saving grace, but can they beat a team like Baltimore, even on their home field.  I don't know what it is, but the Pats (and Brady too) just seem off this whole season.  

Agreed. Offense doesn’t seem to be clicking yet. Still only mid November, best football still to come in December and January. 

It’s an arms race now for home field. We can’t afford to lose unless Baltimore also loses. I think a home playoff match up against Baltimore after already having played them will be a closer game than the first game against Lamar Jackson. 

But it’ll be tough getting past Houston or KC as well. 

Exciting weeks ahead. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lateralus91 said:

Ugh. The only thing Kaep is hurting by protesting is the personal feelings of billionares and WASP-y rednecks. Couldn't give two Fs about them.

I disagree.

Protesting on your time is fine.  Protesting at work is not.

• Upvote 2