The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

24-Year-Old Chinese Man Dating 12-Year-Old Canadian Model In China

Sharpshooter

I agree with the comments dee has made....likely a publicity stunt and a 12 year old model sounds to have parents who are allowing her to grow up too quickly. When you're young, your parents should be setting the tone for what's appropriate but it doesn't appear that that's the case here.

It's their job to make sure people aren't exploiting their daughter and, in this case, with a cut throat industry and a pop star likely looking to acquire fame of his own (her 500,000 followers provide a pretty good stepping stone in that), I'm not sure they've got it covered. Just sad that they're setting her up to be potentially let down so hard by thrusting her out of her youth and into an adult world. While living a life of glory and happiness right now, she likely won't be prepared when the industry tells her she's no longer "it" and the pop star gets famous and moves on. Not guaranteed to happen but, if it does, she surely won't be prepared as she's so very young.

Personally, I am much more concerned with the huge number of 12 year-old's being sold/coerced into the sex trade, whose picture never graces the lofty pages of mass media .. it is shameful, it is happening all around us and we seem blind to its very existence .. all this girl needs is a better publicist ..

He's Chinese, so no you can't. Also as long as they don't have sex he isn't doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law, so why would they? Doing something morally wrong and doing something against the law are too very different things.

But it's not just "the act" of intercourse included in the law from what I understand:

"Age of consent laws apply to all forms of sexual activity, ranging from sexual touching (e.g., kissing) to sexual intercourse."

So he very well could be breaking the law. Entering into a "relationship" with someone this young is just wrong -whether you intend to wait for them or not. Shouldn't really entertain the thought from the onset.

Archived