The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Fehr seems like a really poor choice. I'm sure the owners are to blame too, but there's just some stuff the players and Fehr have done and asked for that are just crazy. I lost interest in both sides when the players didn't want to split revenue 50/50, just like EVERY OTHER sports league does. Then after the end of each meeting both sides kind of take shots at one another. Super classy. I feel really bad for every player that isn't a superstar. Fehr and company really are basically just more or less fighting for that group of players that make the big money.

They are sending in many players with Ivy league degrees.

Just having less education doesn't preclude a person from being intelligent, articulate and savvy. Many successful people, and this is also true of many of the owners, do not and have not needed degrees to be successful. Life experience and a keen mind are a much greater asset than a piece of paper that doesn't affect how hard you have worked or been as creative as can be. I went to school with many people who excelled in an institution but can't think for themselves and it has not translated to their later life. By contrast, I have wealthy friends with no education who are as business savvy as any you'll meet and have built a life from scratch because they identified what they were good at.

Think what you want about his lack of education but if you think that Crosby's voice, when backed up by his fellow players and council, are meaningless or weak then you are naive. Accumulated by his 10+ years under intense media spotlight, grooming by the highest levels of hockey experienced people, and being aware that he is one of the top professionals in his chosen field, if you believe that is worthless in this negotiation then you lack a fundamental understanding of what 'qualified' really means.

Sigh...where do these people come from!?!? lol It's his personal Twitter handle...you act like it's not allowed...people rage in NY all the time maybe that's who he is a NY RAGER~!? Lol you may have got your grade 4 sir...but you did not get any common sense...

Archived