40 replies to this topic

#31 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,587 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Mine does that too and it's pretty short.

As for deodorant/antiperspirant, how can you guys not use it? ^ Do you not sweat?

Sweat is virtually odorless. BO comes from when people sweat, and don't wash for an extended period of time, or continue to wear the clothes they sweat in.

I wear deodorant, but it's more out of habit. If I forget to wear it, or am out or whatever, it doesn't make a difference. BO comes from sweat + time + lack of cleaning.

I shower obsessively, so it's never really an issue for me
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#32 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

As for deodorant/antiperspirant, how can you guys not use it? ^ Do you not sweat?

Personally I don't sweat a lot, even working a hard job in 30+°c I don't really sweat, the guys I work with have sweat pouring of their faces but I'm barely breaking a sweat.

That plus I wash my armpits frequently.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#33 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,357 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Sweat is virtually odorless. BO comes from when people sweat, and don't wash for an extended period of time, or continue to wear the clothes they sweat in.

I wear deodorant, but it's more out of habit. If I forget to wear it, or am out or whatever, it doesn't make a difference. BO comes from sweat + time + lack of cleaning.

I shower obsessively, so it's never really an issue for me

i shower every night, and if I don't wear deodorant I'll have a big enough pit stink that i can no longer raise my arms by 3PM

#34 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Dishwasher soap: 1/2 cup borax, 1/2 cup washing soda, 1/4 cup citric acid. 1 teaspoon per load. Buy citric acid through ebay.

Rinse aid: White vinegar.

Laundry soap: 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, 1 bar grated hand soap.

Save a mountain of cash as one box of washing soda and borax does a 4-member family's laundry and dishwashing for a whole year.

I have had the same bottle of shampoo in the shower for years now, I use it about 4-6 times a year, usually if I get something stuck in my hair, like car grease.
I don't used conditioner, deoderant, anti-perspirant, fabric softener or name brand flouride toothpaste.
my body soap is made by hippies on Salt Spring.
I wear natural fabric and my feet don't smell if I avoid buying shoes with that aweful "man-made " fabric inside. (man that stuff reeks and leather shoes are hard to find)
I too avoid the corporate monster which is difficult as I drive for a living and it also makes being a hockey fan somewhat ironic.
Still trying to figure out how to avoid dish and laundry soap .

I also had some fun trying the 100 mile diet a couple of years ago.

Posted Image

#35 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

If I didn't use shampoo/body wash I would reek of chlorine all the time.
Plus the itching would be unbearable.

Apparently the itch goes away after awhile. I've heard. I've yet to switch to no shampoo as it's not ultra expensive to shampoo, but i often question the ingredients.
Posted Image

#36 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I wonder how your hair smells like shampooing only 4 times/year with only water. :sick:

Perhaps you did not read that as written, I scrub my hair every shower, but not with shampoo. (emocon of butterfly smelling rose)

#37 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Mine does that too and it's pretty short.

Odor has a lot to do with what you consume.
It is well known if you eat garlic and raw onion that your breath will smell.
Many commercially produced foods have a similar effect, however chemicals do not make your breath smell but will come out in your pores as body odor, or make your effluent smell worse. Booze is another factor, cheep beer is full of chemicals that absolutely comes out in your sweat.
I am currently reading Food Inc. which covers a lot of what is added to our food often as far back as in the growing stage. These things make us unhealthy and by extension they make us smell unhealthy.
I work and I sweat, but no amount of goop at 8 AM is going to change 4 hours of sweating on a sunny day. That said, if I meet my sweetie after work a quick "pit stop" with water and a paper towel is enough to get me through a meal etc, but a clean shirt sure helps.

Dishwasher soap: 1/2 cup borax, 1/2 cup washing soda, 1/4 cup citric acid. 1 teaspoon per load. Buy citric acid through ebay.

Rinse aid: White vinegar.

Laundry soap: 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, 1 bar grated hand soap.

Save a mountain of cash as one box of washing soda and borax does a 4-member family's laundry and dishwashing for a whole year.

THanks TOM I am out of dish soap, so I'll give that a try.
I have inherited about a 3year supply of laundry detergent so I may not try that one for a while.

#38 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Boycott shampoo....demand real poo!!

That made me laugh way to hard :lol:
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#39 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I didn't shampoo my hair for a week and now my hair is as greasy as the guys from Mad Men
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#40 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Face wash is not meant for your scalp.

You can and will dry out you scalp.

I use a cream based, non drying, organic face wash.

The skin looks pretty similar to me anyway...it's all on my head with vast swaths of hair growing on it. On balding men does the body know where a face ends and a receding hair line/"scalp" begins? What am I to use rather than my face wash because I found shampoo DOES in fact dry my scalp?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,112 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

I certainly wouldn't have a problem getting by with some plain jane soap for when one is genuinely dirty mixed with a frequent amount of hot rinses.

In terms of keeping one smelling decent a hobo shower is surprisingly effective. Just wash more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.