The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Canucks in 3 to 4 years time.

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Boy, so many variables at play! I'll be wrong, but oh well (so will the rest of you :P)

Jensen - Gaunce - Kesler (Booth?)

(people criticized Tavares' skating too but I think Brendan has enough talent to be up here; also put Kes on Brendan's wing because I think that Ryan can have the effect that Mats Sundin had on him, in that they play similar styles; also Kes is on the wing if his body can't take centering responsibilities)

(If Schroeder proves he's good for Top 6 or Gaunce doesn't pan out: Jensen - Kesler - Schroeder)

Danny - Henrik - Kassian (the Twins should be 2nd line talents by now and I think that's Zack's upside)

Third line candidates:

Burrows/Rodin* - Lapierre/ Gaunce* - Hansen/ Schroeder*

(If Burr hasn't retired or if Rodin and Schroeder make it (but if Gaunce/ Schroeder don't show Top-6 upside))

Fourth line candidates:

Mallet - Lapierre - Grenier*... who else?

(don't know much about Alex Grenier but he's got size and could become another poor-man's Kassian...?)

Edler - Tanev (I'd put Chris up here only if he matures physically and develops his shot; if not Garrison can take this place)

Hamhuis - Connauton (I sometimes wonder whether Kevin will become another M.A. Bergeron but he's here for the time being)

Garrison - Corrado (I think Frankie could surprise and lock things down in the back end, but he'll only be 22)

*NOTE: I took Bieksa out since I don't think he'd be physically able to keep up that style at age 34, and maybe he'll retire or MG will let him go in free agency or become a depth guy

Lack/ Schneider (some combination; wouldn't be surprised if Eddie pulled a Pekka Rinne)

In three years it will be

Sedin-Sedin-Van riemsdyke

Jensen-gaunce-kassian

Hansen-brenner-burrows

Weise-lapierre-archibald

Edler-Webber

Bieksa-Gardiner

connauton-Garrison

Schneider

Lack

To Toronton

Luongo+ballard+rodin+2nd

To Van

Van Riemsdyke+Gardiner+Brenner+1st

To Nashville

Kesler+Raymond+Booth+1st

To vancouver

Webber

Toronto trade will be this year and the nashville trade will be the following

2014-15 Canucks:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Jensen

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Rodin - Gaunce - Hansen

Mallet - Lapierre - Burrows

x: Jordan Schroeder

Edler - Corrado

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

x: Connauton, Sauve

Schneider

Lack

Didn't factor in a Luongo trade, nothing is certain enough to predict there in the slightest anymore.

The Sedins may still be our first liners in a few years but it won't be b/c they're still first line caliber It'll be b/c we don't have enybody else better. Though I'm hoping Kesler hasn't destroyed his body so bad that he can't be the #1 centre is a few years.

In 5-6 years we are a bottom feeder unless Gillis signs some big UFAs or gets a couple great picks in at the draft

Over the next 3 yrs...

Sedins will be around for another 3 years by which time they will be 35 and they won't be top line players

Kesler will be all banged up and booth (who in no way is currently good enough to be a top 3 forward) will be in the decline

Kassian and Jensen offer some hope, but I doubt Schroeder or Gaunce will be anything at all. Our D will be OK IF we resign Edler. Garrison will be 30yrs old which is ok and Tanev and Cannauton may round into top 4 guys. Hamhuis and Bieksa may be a good bottom pair or second pair

Schneider will be 29- prime time!!

I am most worried about our offense. IMO, we need a young centerman with buckets of potential:

Ex:

Ryan Johansen

Schenn

Couturier

Bjugstad

So if I'm gillis, I'm trying to land a young center with first line potential via the Luongo trade. That's essentially what he is doing with the Florida rumours.

Btw, no to Joe Colborne

I'm going to assume right off the bat that the Sedins retire in 4 years.

By then:

Jensen - Kesler © - Kassian

Sweatt - Schroeder - Hansen

Burrows (A) - Gaunce - Higgins

Mallet - Lapierre - Grenier

Hamhuis - Bieksa (A)

Edler - Garrison

Connauton - Tanev

Corrado

Schneider

Lack

I'm really optimistic about our prospects as you can tell. I really do think we're looking at another prospect injection similar to the Kesler/Burrows/Bieksa timing, wherein they were developed here and after a few years in the NHL were stars. Of course this would require either success in the form of a Stanley cup or else a complete tank job to begin such a rebuild. As well you have to consider the almost annual roster play MG tends to pick up at the deadline.

Archived