#31 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

How do you confuse me with colon D?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, especially if that horse has braces... because they aren't pretty.

#32 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,398 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Personally I think unless you got some seriously f'd up crooked British teeth...braces a re a giant waste of time, money and anguish.

As another poster mentioned, unless you plan on using a retainer for the rest of your damn life, you're teeth WILL shift back. I had a "permanent" brace on my front bottom teeth that came off about ten years later and those teeth have shifted.

People are ridiculously obsessed with their fake neon white, perfectly straight teeth :rolleyes: Straight up vanity/first world problems.

Posted Image
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#33 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Personally I think unless you got some seriously f'd up crooked British teeth...braces a re a giant waste of time, money and anguish.

As another poster mentioned, unless you plan on using a retainer for the rest of your damn life, you're teeth WILL shift back. I had a "permanent" brace on my front bottom teeth that came off about ten years later and those teeth have shifted.

People are ridiculously obsessed with their fake neon white, perfectly straight teeth :rolleyes: Straight up vanity/first world problems.

Posted Image

Braces are not 'just' for crooked teeth or cosmetic reasons. If someone's bite is off ie: their teeth don't meet properly, it can cause major issues down the road.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#34 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,398 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Braces are not 'just' for crooked teeth or cosmetic reasons. If someone's bite is off ie: their teeth don't meet properly, it can cause major issues down the road.

As I said:

"...unless you have some seriously f'd up crooked British teeth..."

Implying that if you have really, REALLY bad teeth and or a "medical" reason for it, sure. That's not the case with most people.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#35 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

lisa needs braces?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#36 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

I use braces...

try this...

1) get used, it hurts and it hurts even more when the dentist do the ajusment...

2) donīt eat very solid food (hard to smash with your teeth), it can damage your braces and then it will hurt even more...

3) if it hurts very much, bite some meat or some rubber, or do something that will hurt more than the braces...

4) if blood comes out donīt worry. itīs just your mouth telling how much they hate you for put the braces :)

5) start a nice relashionship with your dentist like "I hate you" instead of "good morning", or "you are my mechanic, go for the iron now" or even the classic "less talking more metal" or be sarcastic "of course itīs hurting, but Iīm soo tired to say that to you and you donīt do anything about it. goctha!"

6) if you work for the military or get you medical certificate there just be honest with them:

"ok. Iīm using this S$%Ļ&! because I donīt have choice, last year you guys from the military told me to put the braces or you will not give my certificate this year. soo Iīm here with this thing, itīs your fault anyway"

7) some girls like guys with braces...
Shup up and fly! youīre not payed to think, youīre payed to fly!

#37 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

7) some girls like guys with braces...

C'mon, now

#38 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

My wife and I never had braces as kids and we decided against them for our daughter. When she was 14 we gave it serious consideration, but her teeth were straight enough . She is now 18 and her teeth look fine.

If your teeth are crooked , i would do it.
Posted Image

#39 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Buy a stale baguette and bite into it, do it quick.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#40 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Has anyone else been lucky enough to have seen the before and after pictures of UMB? Because I was :bigblush:
Good luck w/ the next 4 years! Good thing you got them now. They should be off in time for graduation! Picture perfect smile for grad pictures :)

Posted Image

#41 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Has anyone else been lucky enough to have seen the before and after pictures of UMB? Because I was :bigblush:
Good luck w/ the next 4 years! Good thing you got them now. They should be off in time for graduation! Picture perfect smile for grad pictures :)

pics or it didnt happen

Edited by MaximYapierre, 21 November 2012 - 11:18 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#42 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

The ones he posted in Post Yo Face?

Posted Image

#43 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

pics or it didnt happen

Breach of trust. Not happening!

Oh nvm, he posted them.

Edited by I♥Wellwood, 21 November 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

what no headgear??

#45 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

C'mon, now

itīs true! if your braces are shinny and small it can be a nice "iron smile" :)and the result is fine, after 5 years...
Shup up and fly! youīre not payed to think, youīre payed to fly!

#46 RonMexico

RonMexico

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

C'mon man don't be a sissy. The tenderness and sensitivity goes away after a few days. Suck it up. It's worth it in the end when you get rid of your buck teeth.

#47 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Funny how none of the kids in my family got them but in the next generation it was quite the opposite.

Too much of a sales pitch by the dentist and nervous mothers me thinks.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 22 November 2012 - 01:43 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#48 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,398 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Funny how none of the kids in my family got them but in the next generation it was quite the opposite.

Too much of a sales pitch by the dentist and nervous mothers me thinks.

And they're a waste of money most of the time :lol:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.