The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Braces

UMB

Personally I think unless you got some seriously f'd up crooked British teeth...braces a re a giant waste of time, money and anguish.

As another poster mentioned, unless you plan on using a retainer for the rest of your damn life, you're teeth WILL shift back. I had a "permanent" brace on my front bottom teeth that came off about ten years later and those teeth have shifted.

People are ridiculously obsessed with their fake neon white, perfectly straight teeth :rolleyes: Straight up vanity/first world problems.

Hmed_BrightTeeth.jpg

Personally I think unless you got some seriously f'd up crooked British teeth...braces a re a giant waste of time, money and anguish.

As another poster mentioned, unless you plan on using a retainer for the rest of your damn life, you're teeth WILL shift back. I had a "permanent" brace on my front bottom teeth that came off about ten years later and those teeth have shifted.

People are ridiculously obsessed with their fake neon white, perfectly straight teeth :rolleyes: Straight up vanity/first world problems.

Hmed_BrightTeeth.jpg

I use braces...

try this...

1) get used, it hurts and it hurts even more when the dentist do the ajusment...

2) don´t eat very solid food (hard to smash with your teeth), it can damage your braces and then it will hurt even more...

3) if it hurts very much, bite some meat or some rubber, or do something that will hurt more than the braces...

4) if blood comes out don´t worry. it´s just your mouth telling how much they hate you for put the braces :)

5) start a nice relashionship with your dentist like "I hate you" instead of "good morning", or "you are my mechanic, go for the iron now" or even the classic "less talking more metal" or be sarcastic "of course it´s hurting, but I´m soo tired to say that to you and you don´t do anything about it. goctha!"

6) if you work for the military or get you medical certificate there just be honest with them:

"ok. I´m using this S$%¨&! because I don´t have choice, last year you guys from the military told me to put the braces or you will not give my certificate this year. soo I´m here with this thing, it´s your fault anyway"

7) some girls like guys with braces...

Archived