The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Office Space 8/10

I put off watching this movie so long and finally got to it this week. I loved it. I thought the novelty would wear off after a while but it didn't, new characters would pop up in the movie and I'd recognize them from my own workplace. It gets so many little things right...its crazy how relatable and relevant the movie is almost 20 years later.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Visit. 

One of the best horror films I've seen in years. M. Night Shyamalan is in top form and the performances are amazing as well. 

Huh. I thought it was unintentionally funny.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought that very same way about the first Robo Cop.  Maybe these movies are (kind of) intended to be funny though?  

Well Robocop definitely. Paul Verhoeven is known for his satire.

But M. Night Shyamalan isn’t that clever. And by clever, I mean funny.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-04-18 at 7:03 PM, Hugor Hill said:

Strange Days - 7/10 in today's standards

Been meaning to watch this movie for 20 years. Finally watched it two nights ago. For how much story is in it, it is far too long. Can't do that any more.

Strange-Days-1.thumb.jpg.0890bb0a75de80b028d77eef3ea97a16.jpg

I remember that one! I wonder what I'd think about it if I re-watched it now... :ph34r:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 7.5/10

I had high hopes for this when it originally came out, as I really enjoyed Being John Malkovich and Adaptation. But I saw it, and hated it. Mostly because I disliked every single character, especially Kate Winslet's.

About 13 years later, watched it again, and although the characters were still grating, it didn't bother me as much this time. I just tried to enjoy the tools and camera tricks used to capture and explore the main theme, and it was very impressive. Definitely an original movie and concept, even this many years later - it's held up well.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I remember that one! I wonder what I'd think about it if I re-watched it now... :ph34r:

I think, with today's perspective, this kind of storyline would never get this much funding for the extravagance this production wanted. Meaning, it got way more money than it needed/deserved. I'm sure part of it has to do with James Camera's status after T2, and part economics of the day.

The same script would be produced as an indie movie now.

Avengers: Infinity War - 9.5/10

I'm biased as I am a sucker for superhero films, but this one was top notch. Not spoiling anything but with a running time of over 2 hours and 30 mins, it sure zipped by pretty quick. Hard to believe they could fit in over 60 superheros in this, but the movie felt like it flowed nicely. Dare I say it, but it might be up there with the Dark Knight - which is the king of all superhero films so far. Can't wait to see this one again in theatres.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎28 at 7:50 AM, Hugor Hill said:

Logan - 7.5/10

Perhaps I had the ending spoiled for me, I found it good, but not great.

I have never seen any Wolverine movies before this one if you can believe it. 

Saw this recently too, and didn't care for it. But I have a strong aversion to comic book movies now, so perhaps I was biased.

The best "Wolverine movie", IMHO, is X-Men 2. It was all kind of pedestrian after that.