Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Cory Schneider staying in top form during lockout.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Attempting to stop pucks with Ambri-Piotta in the Swiss League.

I stress the word, "Attempting". He got the hook after letting in a flurry of weak shots. Fan or no fan, it's painful to watch either way.

If this is the sign of things to come, don't put your ropes and torches away too soon.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Calm down
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,347 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

http://youtu.be/z-PHVUbgBzk

I stress the word, "Attempting". He got the hook after letting in a flurry of weak shots. Fan or no fan, it's painful to watch either way.

If this is the sign of things to come, don't put your ropes and torches away too soon.

Lol one bad game after making 40+ saves every single game.

Way to overreact.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 January 2013 - 03:46 AM.

zackass.png

#5 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

POPULAR

Lol one bad game after making 40+ saves every single game.

Way to overreact.

That's exactly how people reacted when Luongo did the same here, Schneider better get used to it

#6 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Because nobody ever has a bad day at the office. Ever.
Posted Image

#7 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,339 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Does this really need a thread?

It's the Swiss league and he's on the worst team there. You think these players are actually trying over there?

Thornton and Nash could destroy that league, bu they're barely at a PPG pace. These guys are just trying to stay in shape, they're not taking it too seriously.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,347 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

That's exactly how people reacted when Luongo did the same here, Schneider better get used to it

The only reason the guy is doing it because he is a Lu fan and can't accept Lu is gone.

That's why no one else agrees with the point of his post.

Because nobody ever has a bad day at the office. Ever.

Yes niether does Luongo right, so why not point our when Schneider has one..

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 January 2013 - 04:00 AM.

zackass.png

#9 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Merry go round. The excuses for Schneider have started. See Ballard, see Luongo, see even Sopel. That's what Vancouver does; excuse after excuse until they turn on you. Then it's over yesterday while all good deeds are forgotten.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 02 January 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,347 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Merry go round. The excuses for Schneider have started. See Ballard, see Luongo, see even Sopel. That's what Vancouver does; excuse after excuse until they turn on you. Then it's over yesterday.

It's 1 bad game, if it continues then there is a time for concern.

It's not like it is a disastrous slump like Luongo in October.

zackass.png

#11 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,873 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

He has one bad game in a different league for a different team and gets attention.

I can't wait to see how he handles this sort of pressure back in Vancouver, and can almost guarantee that this kid won't fare as well under the intense pressure as Luongo did.

Not saying Luongo should be our starter, not saying Schneider isn't #1 material but it's all about who handles the pressure the best. It only takes a few cracks before doubt starts flooding a goalies mind. Luongo lasted a few seasons, lets see how Schneider does.
Posted Image

#12 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Yeah if Lou was in net he would never let in a couple of softies..right

#13 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

He has one bad game in a different league for a different team and gets attention.

I can't wait to see how he handles this sort of pressure back in Vancouver, and can almost guarantee that this kid won't fare as well under the intense pressure as Luongo did.

Not saying Luongo should be our starter, not saying Schneider isn't #1 material but it's all about who handles the pressure the best. It only takes a few cracks before doubt starts flooding a goalies mind. Luongo lasted a few seasons, lets see how Schneider does.

Great fan you are. We're trading Lou and going with CS and you can't wait to see him not fare as well under pressure as Lou? Lol

Lets not even get into that quote- pressure/lou?

In regards to media and fan pressure, well he's been around through this whole debacle and is quite aware of what he's in for. Given his good relationship with Lou my guess is Lou has likely given him some tips as well.

Moreover, there is on area where he will likley understand that he can remove pressure by simply.....

Not CHOKING in big games.

#14 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Oh hey! It's Richard Park!

#15 70seven

70seven

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Expectations for Cory Schneider are much too high. He is a very good goaltender, and plays consistent hockey... But his best is not nearly as good as Luongos best. And he is still going to have stinkers of a game, like every hockey player has.

Remember that the trade here is having flat land goaltending over the peaks and valleys goaltending. Some people are expecting Cory to win the Vezina in his first year of being a starter.... :picard: These people should not expect this to happen, but enjoy watching him evolve into this role, and expect that there will be some stumbling blocks along the way. This is why we need a capable backup to step in and play some games, and is why Im hoping we get a tender in return for Lui. Lack isnt there yet... at least he hasnt showed it with his play so far this season. A couple more years in the A wouldnt hurt his development imo.

#16 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

This is a sampling of one game that is equivalent to Division 2 NCAA hockey (where Schneider is back stopping the worst team in the league...to quote Don Cherry, I`m sure CS is seeing more rubber than a dead skunk on the TCH), so I doubt (hope) that this is a sign of things to come.

But, this is Canuck Nation after all, so not a single player, coach, manager, trainer, administrator, concession worker, usher, suite hostess, etc. is safe from the ropes and torches of the Canuck faithful.

Lets hope that CS is benefiting from his Euro-training camp and will be sharp if the season begins.

#17 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Lou has likely given him some tips as well.

Lou to Corey " Go, run! Save yourself! I'll stay here and die on the sword."

#18 skeena1

skeena1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports
The gm of Ambri Piotta J.J Aeschlimann tells us that tonight may be Cory Schneider's final game in the Swiss League.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports
Aeschlimann says Schneider is taking it game by game as is Matt Duchene. The gm has started preparing for life without his NHL players.

#19 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,428 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Quick everyone! Run into your swords!
Posted Image

#20 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

This is absolutely hilarious.

No wonder people think Canuck fans are a joke.

#21 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I didn't even watch.

#22 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Does this really need a thread?

It's the Swiss league and he's on the worst team there.

That's what so bothersome. Swiss league, worst team and he looked terrible.

Unproven. But looks like we're stuck with this one until the bandwagoneers start yelling for the next guy.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#23 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,428 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

That's great. Meanwhile, no NHL hockey...
Posted Image

#24 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

At least he ain't scared to go over there. I'd sooner have him getting lit up than making some stupid award video and posting it on YouTube.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#25 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

That's what so bothersome. Swiss league, worst team and he looked terrible.

Unproven. But looks like we're stuck with this one until the bandwagoneers start yelling for the next guy.

and on the other side of the coin...hes been great, in all his games...its fans like you that create all the negativity

#26 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

We're all doomed... :blush:

Next thread!

#27 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

It's one game and the large ice surface is sometimes difficult for goalies to adjust to.

We've seen Schneider is so many pressure NHL games and he's been fine. He provides consistently solid goaltending. The only thing that remains to be seen is how he does with a 55+ game workload.
Posted Image

#28 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

His save % of .927 says hello. It's a notorious known fact that the bigger ice surface switches a goalie's angles and throws them off a bit.

I have no worries in Schneider's game. I'm more worried about fans throwing him under the bus.

*cough*

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#29 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Expectations for Cory Schneider are much too high.  He is a very good goaltender, and plays consistent hockey...  But his best is not nearly as good as Luongos best.  And he is still going to have stinkers of a game, like every hockey player has.

Remember that the trade here is having flat land goaltending over the peaks and valleys goaltending.  Some people are expecting Cory to win the Vezina in his first year of being a starter....   :picard:   These people should not expect this to happen, but enjoy watching him evolve into this role, and expect that there will be some stumbling blocks along the way.  This is why we need a capable backup to step in and play some games, and is why Im hoping we get a tender in return for Lui.  Lack isnt there yet... at least he hasnt showed it with his play so far this season.  A couple more years in the A wouldnt hurt his development imo.

well said. The expectations for Schineder are way over the top and fans think he is an autonmatic for the Vezina, Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe. These fans are the ones who are going jump on him quick.And like you said Luongo on his best one of the best goalies in the league.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#30 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

It's one game and the large ice surface is sometimes difficult for goalies to adjust to.

We've seen Schneider is so many pressure NHL games and he's been fine. He provides consistently solid goaltending. The only thing that remains to be seen is how he does with a 55+ game workload.

So many pressure games? Not too much when your the back up. He wins, hey good for him, he loses, ah he just the back up gets the excuse. The Boston game was good for Schnieder but not that much pressure, regular season game.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.