The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Well the comment from the Poster made sense. Look at their depth at center.

1. Backstrom is 25 and is going to be there for his career thats another 10-12 yrs minimum, so they are fine at 1c

2. Then you have Ribero who is 32 so still a few years left in him as your 2

3. Matheiu Perrault - maybe not a number 2 but a decent three, he's 25

4. Then you have still have Johanssen who's 22, Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Stoa in the system

They simply don't have the room for all those in 4. Sure can convert to a winger but if you can ever afford to give someone up its now with Kuznetsov and Forsberg...they have a TON of depth at Center

I find it weird that none of the tsn boys are tweeting anything about the possible deal in place. I have a funny feeling Gillis is giving Toronto a taste of there own medicine.

I personally don't want any of Toronto's players unless we can turn one of them into a Ryan O'reilly with a 3.5 to 4 mill cap hit.

I find it weird that none of the tsn boys are tweeting anything about the possible deal in place. I have a funny feeling Gillis is giving Toronto a taste of there own medicine.

I personally don't want any of Toronto's players unless we can turn one of them into a Ryan O'reilly with a 3.5 to 4 mill cap hit.

On possible WSH deal I think it would be possible to get MoJo from them. I think it makes most sense from both sides as he'd be a perfect 3rd line C on our team and can comfortably fill in as 2nd line C until Kesler returns.

I would do a deal if we got MoJo back. He's exactly someone that helps now and in the future.

Well, if a team has 'to do something' with a player it either has to be:

A. A team with a RFA problem - Montreal (Subban), Dallas (Benn) or Colorado (O'Rielly)

or more likely

B. A team close to the cap, whether internal or the set one - Philly, San Jose, Chicago, Minnesota, NYR, Preds or the Bruins. Am I missing anyone?

So breaking it down:

MTL has Price

Dallas has Lehtonen

Colorado has Varlamov

Philly has Bryzgalov

San Jose has Niemi

Chicago has Crawford/Emery

Minnesota has Backstrom/Harding

Rangers have Lundqvist

Bruins have Rask

Preds have Rinne

Chicago and Philly look the most obvious in theory.

Montreal I could kind of see as a long shot out of those teams.. but they've said time & time again that Price is the number 1.

I think it must be Philly and Gillis meant it wasn't FLA or TO when he said it is a team nobody is expecting.

I could see the deal involving Toronto, but not not Lu going there, or it being a three way trade.

It'll be a team that nobody even thought wanted to upgrade their goaltending sending a goalie to Toronto and then trading for Lu.

That's how I see it going down. Something like Toronto trading for Hiller, and then Anaheim trading Ryan to Vancouver for Luongo plus a couple prospects. I don't think the situation has changed for him in Anaheim, so that's a possibility in my mind.

@Mgmt_Analyst Luongo and Raymond for Nino and Strom? #done #canucks

Maybe it's the isles? Snow and Wang could be looney enough...

Rumored deals so far:

Toronto is Bozak, kadri and a pick

Philly is hartnell and a 1st / corturier straight up

Isles is nino/strome+

Things are heating up again; still hoping for a deal with Philly but isles are interesting

I could see the deal involving Toronto, but not not Lu going there, or it being a three way trade.

It'll be a team that nobody even thought wanted to upgrade their goaltending sending a goalie to Toronto and then trading for Lu.

That's how I see it going down. Something like Toronto trading for Hiller, and then Anaheim trading Ryan to Vancouver for Luongo plus a couple prospects. I don't think the situation has changed for him in Anaheim, so that's a possibility in my mind.

@Mgmt_Analyst Luongo and Raymond for Nino and Strom? #done #canucks

Maybe it's the isles? Snow and Wang could be looney enough...

Rumored deals so far:

Toronto is Bozak, kadri and a pick

Philly is hartnell and a 1st / corturier straight up

Isles is nino/strome+

Things are heating up again; still hoping for a deal with Philly but isles are interesting

One team, that no one has said anything about is the Oilers. I believe Luongo played on Sunday on purpose against them. They have a wealth of talent and won't be able to afford all of them down the road.

Not quite sure what they would offer us but they sure do have alot to offer.

Archived