The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Luongo seems very zen like lately. I like the new Luongo.

I'm thinking that if the Flyers did in fact inquire about Luongo, they may have said: if he's available after the season we would be interested.

Cause really it doesn't make that much sense for the Flers to acquire Luongo when they still have Bryzgalov. But come summertime, when they can use one of their buyouts on Bryzgalov, then it makes more sense.

I'm starting to think Luongo stays a Canucks for this shortened season though.

Philly

Luongo

Kulemin

Franson

Van

Couturier

Bozak

Tor

Bryzgalov

Raymond

Connaughton

Van 2nd

Philly 2nd

Philly gets an elite goalie, and more depth to their Offense and Defense with solid additions that will play their physical style. They lose Couturier, an unwanted Bryz and a 2nd to acquire

Van gets immense center depth for years to come ensuring with Jensen, Kassian, Couturier, Bozak, Gaunce, and Hansen make a physical top 9 to ensure our competitiveness.

Toronto lose Franson, Bozak, and Kulemin 2 of which were RFA and in exchange load up on picks and prospects, they get their goalie, have a replacement for Kulemin immediately and essentially can have Reilly replacing Franson this year.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Couturier Bozak Kassian

Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

Weise Ebbet Jensen/Gaunce

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Alberts Barker

Schneider

This is the kind of depth you need to win a cup.

This is a fairly strong, feasible proposal. Philly has a pending Cap-cliff; thus I'd add Simmonds to us, & our 1st rounder to them. Our forward lines would be sweet! Good one, Merci

Bozek and Kadri will compound the Canucks size problems at the forward position. We already have enough small sized forwards who can handle the puck, or at least play soft. The Flyers have some big young forwards. A big forward could slide down to the third line when Kes comes back. It just gives us way more options than taking another small, skilled forward (or two).

Bigg's was in parenthesis because I thought we needed more for Lou than Bozak and Kadri. But..., so I just summed it as Bozak, Kadri and Gardiner.

As for value; Edler and Lou are both all stars, and likely to be again. Nobody of that ilk coming back, just thoughtful spending on players who can fill useful roles here. Toronto easily improves their on ice performance with that trade!

And T.O. positions themselves to keep Edler, Lupul and Kessel which currently they are under the gun to do.

Kadri, Bozak, Gardiner, Biggs, and MacArthur for Luongo and expering contract elder? Lol!

Luongo seems very zen like lately. I like the new Luongo.

I'm thinking that if the Flyers did in fact inquire about Luongo, they may have said: if he's available after the season we would be interested.

Cause really it doesn't make that much sense for the Flers to acquire Luongo when they still have Bryzgalov. But come summertime, when they can use one of their buyouts on Bryzgalov, then it makes more sense.

I'm starting to think Luongo stays a Canucks for this shortened season though.

Yeah the guy I argue with non-stop.

I'm just able to see the reality that there are some major negatives and turn offs in the negotiation (10 years left, 33 years old, penalty for the contract, struggles with consistentcy, wants out, we have to move him before next season, there is a small market)

I do think he will get us a solid return, & toronto will benefit big time from getting him. with Nonis I could see: Kadri, Frattin/Biggs, 1st. And under the circumstances that's pretty good IMO, better than what is being speculated about by all the media and alot of fans.

Nonis never sells the farm. Last time he got Lu for Bert, Auld and Allen, not any young prospects. If Nonis is smart, he'll make a trade for a younger goalie or sign someone like Backstrom or Thomas in the offseason. The Leafs are still rebuilding.

The only deal that makes sense with T.O is if Canucks get a package like Bozak, Franson and a 2nd for Lu, which would also help fill some holes on Vancouver.

Your right that's a bit high, but Bozak/Franson/2nd isn't very good.

Bozak isn't really an upgrade on Lappy for the 3rd line spot, Franson struggled last year, he isn't better than Tanev & He doesn't want to play for Toronto & doesn't have a contract so his value is pretty low, then the 2nd will be in it either way IMO but one of the other 2 pieces have to be better.

Archived