3455 replies to this topic

#1471 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I don't think franson would be a good fit here. In Toronto it was reported he had issues with them not playing him. It's going to be even harder to crack our line up. Especially with tanev being so sound defensively. I really doubt he wants to be 7th defenseman here.

I disagree. Franson had fantastic numbers in Nashville for 2 seasons, but bombed in Toronto with terrible goal-tending and defense. He is used to getting bottom 6 minutes (14-18m a game) but was also used to getting second unit PP time in Nashville.

If Edler was to not re-sign, Franson would be great playing 3rd pairing ES minutes while having time on the PP.

He COULD be a fit here if used properly, and with a lacking of RHD, he would probably have ample time.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1472 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

You're a very sexual person, aren't you? First I see your hj/bj comment, now you're talking about gonads.

Try this:

Take a shower, put on a nice shirt, two spritz of cologne, then go to a bar or club, try talking to some girls, see what happens.

I sense a lot of pent up tension.

even easier, take a shower, spend more time in there then you should, go to bed. Much cheaper.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1473 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

even easier, take a shower, spend more time in there then you should, go to bed. Much cheaper.

I'm married, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1474 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,639 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

You're a very sexual person, aren't you? First I see your hj/bj comment, now you're talking about gonads.

Try this:

Take a shower, put on a nice shirt, two spritz of cologne, then go to a bar or club, try talking to some girls, see what happens.

What better way to knock some sense into a bunch of men/boys who spend all day proposing trades based off a silly rumour. Only when I make an analogy about bj's and hj's can I get people's attention in here as I clearly just got yours. It's quite funny actually.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1475 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm too lazy to go back a couple pages to find the quote but to who said " if the flyers traded Couturier they would need a young player coming back" is just wrong.

Claude Giroux - 25
Brayden Schenn - 21
Luke Schenn - 23
Jakob Voracek- 23
Wayne Simmons - 23
Matt Read - 25
Eric Wellwood - 22
Zac Rinaldo - 22
Scott Laughton - 18
M.A Bourdon - 23

They are one if the few teams in the league that can afford to trade a Sean Couturier and not really be affected by it.

#1476 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't think franson would be a good fit here. In Toronto it was reported he had issues with them not playing him. It's going to be even harder to crack our line up. Especially with tanev being so sound defensively. I really doubt he wants to be 7th defenseman here.

Yeah that's why I don't want him as a main piece, I was saying that alot aswell.

I think though that he would rather be here than there and with the injuries we usually run into on the back end it would help having a top 6 capable defenseman waiting in the wings like that, and if someone struggles he can jump into the line-up. & he is still young and can help us down the road aswell.

Not a piece that is a priority but would be a nice throw in if possible.

zackass.png

#1477 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

If Lu is willing to go to philly than I would say:

To philly

Luongo
Tanev
Schroeder

To Van

Couturier
Grossman
2nd

Philly gets Lu, a young dman, and a young c iin return..

Van gets COUTURIER, a good dman and a pick..

Philly could buyout, or trade Bryz after the season is over.. He wont mind being back up 2 an elite goaltender.. the guy seems out to lunch anyway..

We have Corrado in the future to take Tanevs place, and Gaunce to fill in 4 Schroeder..

Edited by JohnLennon, 11 January 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#1478 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm too lazy to go back a couple pages to find the quote but to who said " if the flyers traded Couturier they would need a young player coming back" is just wrong.

Claude Giroux - 25
Brayden Schenn - 21
Luke Schenn - 23
Jakob Voracek- 23
Wayne Simmons - 23

Matt Read - 25
Eric Wellwood - 22
Zac Rinaldo - 22
Scott Laughton - 18
M.A Bourdon - 23

They are one if the few teams in the league that can afford to trade a Sean Couturier and not really be affected by it.

So, three of their younger top-six forwards were acquired via trades of slightly older forwards and you don't think Holmgren specifically targets younger players when he trades young players?

"Being affected by it" and trading tendencies are two different things.

Edited by Millerdraft, 11 January 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1479 pavel furry

pavel furry

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Opinion in Toronto is Franson and a second rounder.. wow what discrepency

#1480 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Latest offer rumor is

1st or 2nd round pick and 2 of either kadri, Bozak and it Gunnarson.

Just say no to TO.

#1481 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,742 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Latest offer rumor is

Just say no to TO.

If this is true, Luongo and Raymond for Kadri, Bozak and a 1st.

Get'r done MG

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1482 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,240 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Latest offer rumor is

Just say no to TO.

Where did you hear this?

1st (Mackinnon) + Kadri and Bozak. DONE lol

#1483 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Opinion in Toronto is Franson and a second rounder.. wow what discrepency

Lol Franson has so little value & doesn't even fit into our top 6 the way it looks right now.

Kadri, Bozak, 2nd is the absolute least I could see us getting.

zackass.png

#1484 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I can honestly say without a doubt the day Lui is finally traded will be one of the saddest yet happiest days of my life.

Saddest because of all the good years he put in for us, not to mention he was our Captain . Happiest because I dont have to read the @$#$%# 50,000 trade proposals and other regurgitated tripe about him.

#1485 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Where did you hear this?

New CBA rule is that every team that misses playoffs is eligible for the 1st overall pick.

TML will pbbly make the playoffs with Lu as their goalie, but if they miss the playoffs............

#1486 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,742 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

New CBA rule is that every team that misses playoffs is eligible for the 1st overall pick.

TML will pbbly make the playoffs with Lu as their goalie, but if they miss the playoffs............

Dream scenario:

Luongo goes to Toronto, helps the Leafs to a tie for the 8th seed on the last day of the regular season, a Rangers/Flyers scenario happens, Leafs lose their last game in overtime and finish 1 point out of 8th in the east, Toronto's first ends up being 1st overall and we take Mackinnon :bigblush:

What a dream that was.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1487 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Where did you hear this?

He heard it from hockeyyinsiderr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#1488 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

What better way to knock some sense into a bunch of men/boys who spend all day proposing trades based off a silly rumour. Only when I make an analogy about bj's and hj's can I get people's attention in here as I clearly just got yours. It's quite funny actually.

I was just giving you a hard time.

If you want to get people's attention, then well thought out content is much more appreciated.

I don't mind the odd silly comment, though.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1489 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,639 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I was just giving you a hard time.

If you want to get people's attention, then well thought out content is much more appreciated.

I don't mind the odd silly comment, though.

Finding a well thought out comment here is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Btw I do enjoy bj's and hj's. something would be wrong with me if I didn't :)
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1490 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

POPULAR

Try this:

I talked to a girl once. Best 2 seconds of my life.

FWYIerW.png

#1491 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Dream scenario:

Luongo goes to Toronto, helps the Leafs to a tie for the 8th seed on the last day of the regular season, a Rangers/Flyers scenario happens, Leafs lose their last game in overtime and finish 1 point out of 8th in the east, Toronto's first ends up being 1st overall and we take Mackinnon :bigblush:

What a dream that was.

I had a dream too, But it wasn't as dramatic. Lu to TML for Kadri, Bozak and 1st. Leafs missed the playoffs by 9 pts. Canucks win the lottery to pick 1st over all with the Leafs' 1st rounder.

Canucks draft Seth Jones.

#1492 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

So, three of their younger top-six forwards were acquired via trades of slightly older forwards and you don't think Holmgren specifically targets younger players when he trades young players?

What? Just because they had a youth movement means that they do that everytime? :blink:

Who cares if they were drafted by Philly, or aquired in a trade, they have a surplus of young players..... what makes you think that's what they are after again? They are set for now and for the future (next 4-5 years at least) Bringing in Luongo right now makes sense, regardless if a young player is coming back their way or not.

#1493 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

What? Just because they had a youth movement means that they do that everytime? :blink:

Who cares if they were drafted by Philly, or aquired in a trade, they have a surplus of young players..... what makes you think that's what they are after again? They are set for now and for the future (next 4-5 years at least) Bringing in Luongo right now makes sense, regardless if a young player is coming back their way or not.

It also makes sense right now because Philly have a lot of young forwards on 1st or 2nd cheaper contracts. Philly has a window to keep everyone under the cap.

#1494 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,240 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I had a dream too, But it wasn't as dramatic. Lu to TML for Kadri, Bozak and 1st. Leafs missed the playoffs by 9 pts. Canucks win the lottery to pick 1st over all with the Leafs' 1st rounder.

Canucks draft Seth Jones.

Seth Jones was great in the world juniors, but not enough for me to take over Mackinnon.

He could very well be the next Crosby, even though Jones fits our need for a #1 defenceman, you have to pick the best player available with that 1st overall pick.

[media] [\media]

Edited by Trebreh, 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#1495 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

The fact they have so many young kids on the team tells me they would want a couple of veterans to guide the kids. Just because Philly have a bunch of 21 to 25 year olds doesn't mean they won't trade for anyone over 25.

#1496 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Luongo is going to Toronto for Bozak, Kadri and either a first or second round draft pick. You heard it hear first.

#1497 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Seth Jones was great in the world juniors, but not enough for me to take over Mackinnon.

He could very well be the next Crosby, even though Jones fits our need for a #1 defenceman, you have to pick the best player available with that 1st overall pick.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHq-oSTUoaY [\media]

Yeah we gotta take the BPA, I think that is Jones honestly.

zackass.png

#1498 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I agree, take the best player available. Seth Jones.

#1499 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Luongo is going to Toronto for Bozak, Kadri and either a first or second round draft pick. You heard it hear first.

Ummmmm NO. I've heard that 28,913 times already.

#1500 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,439 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Is the top 20 forward/blueliner 34 years old with 9 years remaining on his deal, at a position where there are only 30 jobs in the league? And has he asked for a trade?

Four threads later and King is still unable to grasp the context.

TO always over rates their players and prospects.

The big question is how Nonis views his GM role now and long term. HC seems to think he isn't there for the long term (a Burke man). Does he even have the authority to make a Lu deal or does that decision go up to the Board? Nonis probably thinks he might be cooked no matter what he does. He is young enough that another GM role will be in his future depending on what he does in TO. One shouldn't jump to conclusions I guess because Ferguson never got another GM position.

My conclusion is that Nonis will deal for Lu because making the playoffs is his only shot at staying a GM. Lu gives him that shot. He can sign FA's to fill out the front.

Absolutely laughable to see the talking heads on TSN and Sportsnet go on about the Burke firing. Have you ever seen a TO player or prospect who wasn't the 2nd coming of The Big M or Red Kelley? That's how far back you have to go to find talent!

Tell me about it. And the ironic thing is that there are a gaggle of people in this thread who swallow that hype hook line and sinker - and yet are here to caution us endlessly about over-valuing Luongo lol. How many times have I heard there is no way Toronto would move Gardiner or Reilly for Luongo? The idea that these unproven kids are of greater value is simply laughable. We are talking about prospects who can't play hockey in their own end of the ice. Some people here listen to too much Toronto media and have already pencilled them in as inevitable #1 blueliners.
If Toronto landed Luongo for merely one of those guys that would be a coup.
If they wouldn't make that deal they deserve to never make the playoffs again.
If Gardiner is included in the deal, he'll only be one piece.

We keep talking about Toronto, but Florida is still a more likely destination. I'm starting to think Matthias and Gudbranson would get the job done.

One page before you are saying that Gardiner is an untouchable and here you're proposing Gudbranson and Matthias?
Gardiner is worth a fraction of Gudbranson.

How about a different look? Because we kinda could use a puck rushing D in spite of all the depth and skill we have!

Add Gardiner for Edler! We'll take on a cap dump (MacArthur?) to make the cap work. And we still have massive LW depth to trade for size at right wing and right D or whatever at the deadline! This helps them bg time cap wise. With MacArthur gone,and Connely expiring, possibly buying out Komisarek they can expect to have money to re-sign Lupul, Edler and Kessel. They get a Phaneuf / Edler top PP pair and a major media splash for their media owner Bell.

Prime example of how crazy-hype-over-valued junior Laffs are on these discussion boards -and how little people here are willing to take in return for players like Luongo and Edler. Take a cap dump in order to get Gardiner for Edler. Now I've seen it all.

Correction. What I haven't seen is King or Smashian formulate a proper assessment of how ludicrous these over-valuations of Leafs like Gardiner and Reilly are. Won't be holding my breath.

Please just get this done MG so we can put this re-thread out of it's misery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.