The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Im still trying to wrap my head around everything that happened today. First, (if the rumours are true) Burke gets fired for not giving up Gardiner and Kadri. Any mention of the name Gardiner on cdc in a leafs trade gets you laughed out of town for being so ridiculous, and now Burke gets fired for NOT doing that? Who would have thought!!!

second..... Philadelphia showing interest in Luongo, after basically just signing Bryz. Philly has been mentioned before as a possible destination, but they seemed to be the LEAST likely team he would go to considering they already have Bryzgalov.

Third..... If the asking price is Gardiner and Kadri, you would have to think from Philly it is at least Couturier plus to be consistant with our demand from the Leafs.

All of this out of nowhere when just a couple days ago people were saying "Nobody wants Luongo, we may have to hold on to him this season" ..... This could turn into a steal for the canucks!

Okay so to clear that up it's apparently Brayden Schenn, not Luke Schenn.

So our backup for not getting a bottom pairing defenseman, is to ask for an elite prospect?

I guess Gillis is reverse negotiating just to mess with Holmgrem. A bold tactic. Let's see if it pays off!

Is anyone else confused here?

Why would Gillis want Grossman over B. Schenn? It makes almost no sense.

Unless Grossman is a superstar in disguise, I just don't see how Schenn is lets say 'less valuable' to the Canucks than Grossman.

IMO, B. Schenn or Couturier should be the starting points, Philly can afford to give away 1 of their many centers to improve in what they need most, goaltending and defence.

Im still trying to wrap my head around everything that happened today. First, (if the rumours are true) Burke gets fired for not giving up Gardiner and Kadri. Any mention of the name Gardiner on cdc in a leafs trade gets you laughed out of town for being so ridiculous, and now Burke gets fired for NOT doing that? Who would have thought!!!

second..... Philadelphia showing interest in Luongo, after basically just signing Bryz. Philly has been mentioned before as a possible destination, but they seemed to be the LEAST likely team he would go to considering they already have Bryzgalov.

Third..... If the asking price is Gardiner and Kadri, you would have to think from Philly it is at least Couturier plus to be consistant with our demand from the Leafs.

All of this out of nowhere when just a couple days ago people were saying "Nobody wants Luongo, we may have to hold on to him this season" ..... This could turn into a steal for the canucks!

So our backup for not getting a bottom pairing defenseman, is to ask for an elite prospect?

I guess Gillis is reverse negotiating just to mess with Holmgrem. A bold tactic. Let's see if it pays off!

I would probably cry tears of joy if a no longer needed goaltender and a pending UFA could land us both Schenns.

Seeing how unlikely that is....

Its probably something more along the lines of

Luongo

Edler

for

Couturier

Grossman/Mezaros

1st

Last year's playoffs were a total writeoff. We all know that one. 8th seed L.A., most likely juiced up, we'll never know, rolled over everyone ot the tune of 16-4; a seldom seen feat in the history of the game.

In other news, the Canucks have lost to the eventual Stanley Cup winners three years in a row. I wouldn't count Luongo's contribution in that particular feat.

In loss there is tremendous gain to be had. Luongo has gained temendously throughout this adventure and I stick by my belief that he will regain his number one status as a Vancouver Canucks.

Archived