Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwijibo

Scott Gomez done in Montreal

78 posts in this topic

If he gets bought out before Saturday, how does a $1.2 million deal for Gomez sound? I wouldn't mind him at the right price.

I don't want him. With two of our top six forwards out this is the best shot our more talented prospects will get in a while.

Let's Sign all the defunct reclamation projects!!! One of them has to work out!

If he gets bought out before Saturday, how does a $1.2 million deal for Gomez sound? I wouldn't mind him at the right price.

Worst case scenario, He is an experienced warm body to hold a spot until kesler returns, Has Cup experience, can mentor the younger guys.

@RenLavoieRDS

Alain Vigneault was at l'Antichambre show tonight on RDS. When asked about Scott Gomez being UFA, he said Canucks won't try to sign him.

@RenLavoieRDS

Alain Vigneault was at l'Antichambre show tonight on RDS. When asked about Scott Gomez being UFA, he said Canucks won't try to sign him.

According to the Fourth Period:

The Montreal Canadiens will buy out the contract of veteran center Scott Gomez, after receiving permission from the NHL to do so.

Honestly, I don't mind the thought of a Booth-Kesler-Gomez line. Not for 7.4 or whatever he gets, but for 1.2 as someone suggested up thread ... yeah. And he'd serve as an experienced centre while we attempt to weather the injury storm.

If it was up to me I'd give him under 1 mill and garantee him a job for this year plus next is up to the team if we want to resign him.He has skills just Montreal was small and to much pressure on there top two lines.he played here there would be pressure but not as much as he had.

Isn't Gomez notoriously lazy and conceited? I remember hearing lots about him having a big head and not working terribly hard. I obviously don't know for sure - but if you buy into the 'where there's smoke, there's fire" notion - then there's no reason to think he'd help our young guys in any way but negatively.

For 1 Million - he may be worth the risk, especially with our injuries, but then again maybe taking a chance on a prospect is worth more.

Pffff I think Montreal just bought him out so that they can resign him to a new even bigger contract thanking him for all of his production last season!!!