The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

All this means is we're going to have to win with a different style of play for the first couple of weeks.

We'll win with strong defensive play, goaltending, and special teams. Not unlike how we normally win. Just now, we won't have that extra punch to outscore teams when we're playing poorly. We will need other players to step up though.

Adversity can be a good thing. This is why you have depth on a team.

I said it in the last Booth thread, look at the silver linings people! Kassian will have a real shot at a top 6 wing spot, Schroeder could possibly fill in for Kesler while he's out, and between the 5m from Kesler and the 4.5m from Booth, we free up a prorated 9.5m to make a deadline splash. I'm a fan of our prospects and I really like the idea of giving them a shot.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Kassian

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malholtra - Weise

Ebbett

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Barker/Alberts

Schneider

Luongo

Granted it leaves a few question marks, but I think having guys that have played 30+ games at this point is actually an advantage that should be utilized.

Comparing $4m FWs.

Pavol Demita (RIP) had 20 G, 53PTS in 69 games in 2008-09.

David Booth had 16G, 29PTS in 56 games in 2011-12.

4-6 weeks out in a half-season is going to be similar to Demitra's 2nd season with the Canucks.

IDK. I guess it could be just bad luck but Booth is not looking like a very good investment so far.....

hunting and staying in game shape are two totally different things. I don't here of two many hunters pulling their groin. Maybe he went to the gym but I doubt he was skating shooting the puck or doing drills like lots of other players were. He pulled his groin during a physical , he probably wasn't even stretching in the off season. Some players just took the lockout as a long vacation and some actually stayed in shape and played hockey.

Archived