The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

Usually I agree with you but not on this Smass. Kassian did get a couple of shots in before being spun around and thrown to the ice by Eager. He did draw blood but the fight was a tie.

After seeing Kassian's play last night I'd rather him be on the ice than sitting in the penalty box for 5 min fighting and 2 min for instigating.

Especially right now when we are missing 2 key forwards. I'd rather have Vandy as 7th D, agitate a couple of opposing stars and get into a scrap and lay the law down. Hopefully he could get one of the opposing team's better players to drop the gloves ie: Lucic and take him out of the game for 5 mins.

Vandermeer is the kind of player you maybe add at the trade deadline if your looking to add beef to the lineup for the odd game to set the tone etc. Vandermeer is not the player that will make or break the Canucks and I can appreciate his toughness.

only a homer would say Kassian beat up Eager. Kassian landed 1 shot above the eye resulting in a cut. Eager landed 2 shots to the back of Kassian's head and took him down. It was a draw.

Edit: In a fight it's not how you start, it's how you finish. While Kass started strong with a punch he ended taking 2 shots to the head and going down.

only a homer would say Kassian beat up Eager. Kassian landed 1 shot above the eye resulting in a cut. Eager landed 2 shots to the back of Kassian's head and took him down. It was a draw.

Edit: In a fight it's not how you start, it's how you finish. While Kass started strong with a punch he ended taking 2 shots to the head and going down.

His Lack of Sterling play has prevented him from Joslin for a position on the Canucks. He should be Mullen his play over the next few weeks or else he and the horse he Rodin on will be Friesen for the rest of the season in Chicago instead of in the Hunt for the Stanley Cup in Cannata.

Punches to the back of the head barely do any damage. He landed a couple, but nothing huge.

And typically in a takedown you wanna be on top of the guy, not have the guy fall backwards on top of you. If it was a clean takedown I would say it was a draw. But the fact that it was such an awkward takedown, and Kassian landed the biggest shot and did the most damage, means Kassian won

Not by a huge margin, but he won.

Here is someone who has no idea what they are talking about claiming to be expert on the subject.

A punch to the back of head is way more dangerous and damaging then a punch to the face.

A punch to the back of head is banned in fighting sports because it can cause severe damage. The back of the head is the most fragile part of the head.

Usually I agree with you but not on this Smass. Kassian did get a couple of shots in before being spun around and thrown to the ice by Eager. He did draw blood but the fight was a tie.

After seeing Kassian's play last night I'd rather him be on the ice than sitting in the penalty box for 5 min fighting and 2 min for instigating.

Especially right now when we are missing 2 key forwards. I'd rather have Vandy as 7th D, agitate a couple of opposing stars and get into a scrap and lay the law down. Hopefully he could get one of the opposing team's better players to drop the gloves ie: Lucic and take him out of the game for 5 mins.

Archived