41 replies to this topic

#1 Rex "Power" Colt

Rex "Power" Colt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I know it's early in the season but it looks to me like Louey is rather calm and collected. With all the trade rumors and speculation buzzing around, I think its taken some much needed pressure off of his play and he's looking good! Suffice it to say, should he continue to be this way. Maybe thats all he needed to be successful. Gear down Vancouver's finest. Oh and (Knock on wood). Thoughts?

Edited by MyPavelsBured, 28 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image

You know what I like? When puppies bite Jay Onrait's face! You know what I like better? Great Plays!!!

#2 AriGold

AriGold

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

POPULAR

I have noticed and agree, truth told, he's not playing for as much as Schneider is. His mind is at ease as far as i'm concerned..

Ala Schneider last year..

RedSoxvsYankees.jpg

#3 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

He can play out of his love for the game now rather than the commitment to the earbuzzing media.

Which actually does miles and miles for any athlete.

#4 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

He's been very poised this season, on and off the rink.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

He played very nicley against the Kings tonight and very good in the shootout, shame our attempts were horrible.

canucks141.png

#6 rampage

rampage

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Luongo was great tonight too bad it had to go to a shootout.

#7 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,866 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

The pressure of playing as a starting goaltender can do wonders on players. It wore on Luongo last season and now it's having a much bigger effect on Schneider this season.

As for playing without pressure, we saw Schneider put up great numbers last year as a backup. Now Luongo's playing loose hockey without anything to lose and he's the Vancouver Canucks' best player.
Posted Image

#8 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

He played very nicley against the Kings tonight and very good in the shootout, shame our attempts were horrible.

Ballerina Burrows :picard:
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#9 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Gen hockey section? Luongo is already considered no longer a canuck, eh?
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#10 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Tonight it appeared as if Luongo was the only Canuck who is driven enough to win the Cup. Starting in 2006-2007 we built the team around Luongo, I vote we do so again. You build around and complement the people who are driven to win, that's success. Schneider is great, but does he have the same drive as Luongo, he may have some, but not as much as Lou.

Edited by hsedin33, 29 January 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#11 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,001 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Gen hockey section? Luongo is already considered no longer a canuck, eh?

That was my thought. Could have just headed over to the Luongo discussion thread in that case.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Calm before the storm!
Posted Image

#13 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

He looked good. Clearly he has no nerves because no matter what he won't have to face the music, which is a good thing for his play.

Win we praise him, lose we trash him and he doesn't care cause he wont be a Canuck for much longer.

#14 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

POPULAR

Tonight it appeared as if Luongo was the only Canuck who is driven enough to win the Cup. Starting in 2006-2007 we built the team around Luongo, I vote we do so again. You build around and complement the people who are driven to win, that's success. Schneider is great, but does he have the same drive as Luongo, he may have some, but not as much as Lou.

....If you watched last season there were numerous nights Lou was one of the only players to show up.

#15 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Why should Lou care if the team around him completely collapses? By the end of the year, he wont be playing here anyways. THIS is why he is calm.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#16 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

He's no mug.............don't you think he knows he's the best.

He is getting to pick his trade team (almost) and I'm quite sure it will be one where not only he wants to go but one with a D that will give him some protection.
Kevin.jpg

#17 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Why should Lou care if the team around him completely collapses? By the end of the year, he wont be playing here anyways. THIS is why he is calm.

This.

All the speculation, the controversy, and even the lousy fanbase doesn't bother him anymore because he knows that he will be gone eventually.

I am already starting to miss him.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 29 January 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Ballerina Burrows :picard:

I am his biggest fan, but WTH WAS THAT? Some of his latest shootout attempts look like Grandma pushing her walker to the bingo hall. I'm a big fan of going in with speed vs crawling in.

As for Lu....it's all been said. He has nothing to lose at this point and can simply play his game without any added pressure (for the most part). He is a very talented player who was in a glaring spotlight and shouldered every win/loss...we tend to do that to players here (assess on a minute by minute basis vs an overall view of things).

Posted Image

#19 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

without lu, this team will be sunk.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#20 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I know it's early in the season but it looks to me like Louey is rather calm and collected. With all the trade rumors and speculation buzzing around, I think its taken some much needed pressure off of his play and he's looking good! Suffice it to say, should he continue to be this way. Maybe thats all he needed to be successful. Gear down Vancouver's finest. Oh and (Knock on wood). Thoughts?

Pressure????

The reason he's calm is because he signed a 12 year contract worth $64 MILLION DOLLARS.

No matter what happens, or where, that money is guaranteed.

Pressure..... LOL

#21 yogolol

yogolol

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

The pressure of playing as a starting goaltender can do wonders on players. It wore on Luongo last season and now it's having a much bigger effect on Schneider this season.

As for playing without pressure, we saw Schneider put up great numbers last year as a backup. Now Luongo's playing loose hockey without anything to lose and he's the Vancouver Canucks' best player.

That's just silly saying he's been their best player when he hasn't got a win yet, where in both games they were leading after the third. I agree he's been playing great (better than Schneider so far, but it's early) and whatever team gets him will be a lot better.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#22 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

His play is raising his trade value :bigblush:

Is this finally the evidence that CDC needs to show them that the monumental collapses that have been placed solely on his shoulders...maybe, just maybe weren't all his fault? Sure he had some bad games in there too, all players do. But maybe it's actually a team sport and all those drubbings and "bad" losses weren't entirely his fault. Maybe he was the guy with his finger in the crack of the damn for those losses...?

Edited by J.R., 29 January 2013 - 09:57 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#23 ButcherG

ButcherG

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Luongo was the best player last night for the Canucks. Was too bad the rest of the team didn't respond in the third.
One who asks a question is a fool for a few minutes, one who doesn't is a fool for life. Confucius.

#24 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

....If you watched last season there were numerous nights Lou was one of the only players to show up.

Numerous and more. Hes shows up pretty much every game. Even if he has a bad night, he's still trying his best.

#25 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

You say "calm"; I say "resigned" (no not "re-signed")

#26 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Why is anyone surprised... he's been one of the best goalies in the NHL the past 6 years... he's had one or two off years but consistency wise he's been equal to lundqvist.

There's a reason he wears number one.
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#27 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Lu has been playing great, I wish he could stay and take back what was his. With that said, I know he is close to not being a canuck and that makes me sad.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#28 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Luongo is the glue that held this team together for the past few years and I belief he can still be a great goalie for this team.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#29 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Pulling hard for Luongo. He had a great game last night...just the common factor in front of him and Schneider the last few games, terrible defensive coverage and lack of scoring on the PP

2moy3iq.png

#30 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Don't know why anyone would be surprised by Lu having a good game. He's one of the top goalies in the regular season. The folks that want to keep Lu and trade Corey are riding the idea that Lack has a future as a #1. I have growing concerns regarding Lack's health, as he's had a very serious injury. Canata is too far off the speculate.

For me, the difference in age tips the scales between Lu and Corey. Lu will begin to decline, while Schneids is still getting better.

I have considerable respect for how Lu is handling all this. Showing a lot of class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.