46 replies to this topic

#31 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,351 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Agreed. Pinizzotto's 0 points in 0 games is remarkable.

Oh right, and Weise's 8 points in 87 games is outstanding.

If you watched Pinizzotto play in the AHL, he was one of the Wolves most dominant players when he was in. And last pre-season, he was one of the most noticeable forwards trying to make the team.

If given a shot, he'll make an impact. The guy has been working his butt off for a shot, he has just had some bad luck. He deserves a look though.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#32 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Don't take anything out of context; this ain't over 35's beer league softball. (sorry Kirp somewhere)

Amongst the last 10 guys cut each year; virtually all have enough athletic ability and talent. A little extra athletic ability or talent helps; but what you want is the dog that wants it most!

And then they often only last 3 or 4 years as complacency allows a hungrier dog to surface. But Pinner appears the hungriest dog right now, if you have been watching the Wolves this year. We may not need him for 6 years.

And after a life trying, even a couple years at $700 or $800 grand is a bonus and a 35 plus beer league bragging story.

We'll just have to wait and see. If desperation = NHL roster spot, we'd all be in the NHL.

#33 Maniwaki Canuck

Maniwaki Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

We need to take a look at this guy in the NHL. He is probably an offensive upgrade over our current batch of 4th liners and is as physical as any of them. Even the most minimal offensive improvement would be welcome right now.

#34 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

The Canucks were also high on Isbister, Richtie, and Marc Chouinard, Keith Carney and Eric Weinrich. Let me know how many players @ the old age of 29 have made the NHL and actually held onto a roster spot permanently. There's a reason why players like Pinozotto missed the boat

Nonuts was high on Isbister, Ritchie, Chouinard, Carney, Weinrich, not MG

#35 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

who cares about past players

hes going to play like 1 minute a night

once again , his age doesnt matter

and who cares if he doesnt hold onto a spot

why is this 4th line 3 shifts a night position this important to you

your acting like hes taking top six minutes or if the canucks give him a shot they lose anything

no one loses , if he does good , the canucks are happy , if he doesnt w/e its a 4th line spot

no ones hyping him up to be anything ,you're over thinking this bud

You need to re-watch the Boston - Vancouver series again to see how important a good fourth line can change a series.
:towel:

#36 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I don't think his body will let him get in NHL, sorry to say. He looks great in games sometimes but injuries happen so often.

Pretty much this. I think he could be a decent fringe NHL player, but injuries just killed his chances.

It seems this is just one guy who the hockey gods have destined to never make the NHL.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#37 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

The league has clearly shifted toward the power game especially in the playoffs were our softer forwards of our bottom 6 are exposed.The right balance of hitting gets higher turnovers and slows down opposition attack.and works down low and in the crease gets the dirty garbage goals and stuff ins.I say if Pinzo helps all the better or find some.

#38 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

When healthy, Pinizzotto in, Weise out.

hehe exactly right..

Pinnizzotto in.....Weise the fuq out
LOL

#39 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Pretty much this. I think he could be a decent fringe NHL player, but injuries just killed his chances.

It seems this is just one guy who the hockey gods have destined to never make the NHL.

Basically, has perfect 3-4th line skill but the injury bug gets him every season. I'd like to see him get a game up here though
Posted Image

#40 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

It would be nice if he could join the team but this guy gives Salo a good run for the money in the contest for most injury prone player.

#41 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

The Canucks were also high on Isbister, Richtie, and Marc Chouinard, Keith Carney and Eric Weinrich. Let me know how many players @ the old age of 29 have made the NHL and actually held onto a roster spot permanently. There's a reason why players like Pinozotto missed the boat

Maybe you were high on Carney and Weinrich, but I don't know of anyone else who was. Two journeymen defenders with nothing left in the tank? No thanks.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#42 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Weise out? are u effing joking?
hes the fastest canuck!

we need him doing laps during the game

#43 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

You need to re-watch the Boston - Vancouver series again to see how important a good fourth line can change a series.

how did there 4th line change the series?

pretty sure the fact they got blown out back to back games after they were up 2 games changed the series, not shawn thorton and gregory campbell

and better yet

how the hell does putting pinizzotto on there for a few games during the season to see if hes capable effect a series they wont even be in at the time

what a stupid post , congrats

Edited by cIutch, 11 February 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Posted Image

#44 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

how did there 4th line change the series?

pretty sure the fact they got blown out back to back games after they were up 2 games changed the series, not shawn thorton and gregory campbell

and better yet

how the hell does putting pinizzotto on there for a few games during the season to see if hes capable effect a series they wont even be in at the time

what a stupid post , congrats

Are u kidding? Boston changed tactics after the 1st 2 games by gooning it up. They injected more goonery into the line and brought up the energy level by adding Shawn Thornton.

Where the hell have you been?

#45 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

ehhh shawn thorton was a dick but i dont think his one assist killed us in that game , he may have gooned it up but i still dont think he did as much as brad marchand and lucic or chara to change the series , those guys were in goon mode too , i dont know why the 4th line is getting so much credit

regardless i dont see how adding pinizzotto for a few games (in the regular season) effects us in a playoff series

Edited by cIutch, 11 February 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image

#46 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Maybe you were high on Carney and Weinrich, but I don't know of anyone else who was. Two journeymen defenders with nothing left in the tank? No thanks.

Neither do I but management must have been 'feelin'' them otherwise they wouldn't have made the trades
Posted Image

#47 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Neither do I but management must have been 'feelin'' them otherwise they wouldn't have made the trades

I suppose.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.