The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Security is Partially to Blame for Quiet Crowd!

Danimal

Apparently the south siders are there and security has kicked a couple of those guys out for being too loud and rowdy and have told them to settle down. Reports coming in from Twitter. Via Blake Price and a few others.

When I went to the Canucks/Flames game earlier this year, my friend and I were told that we had to settle down and we weren't being rowdy, nor were we drinking, the only thing we were doing was leaning forward a tiny bit in our chairs, but the people ahead of us were doing the same thing, and the guys behind us told us they didn't understand why the security singled us out. My friend is a flames fan though so I think that was the reason. <_<

When I went to the Canucks/Flames game earlier this year, my friend and I were told that we had to settle down and we weren't being rowdy, nor were we drinking, the only thing we were doing was leaning forward a tiny bit in our chairs, but the people ahead of us were doing the same thing, and the guys behind us told us they didn't understand why the security singled us out. My friend is a flames fan though so I think that was the reason. <_<

When I went to a Metallica concert at Rogers they threw a bunch of people out for cheering/ singing too loudly. Even though they were filming a DVD and precisely asked the fans to be AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE, they still restrained people for volume. Seriously, the security is freakin' terrible there and really discourages people from getting into the game/ show!

That's super lame. They were seated all the way up along the perimeter so they weren't in anyone's way. The Southsiders make Whitecaps games what they are. They provide such a fantastic atmosphere.

It's ok for the Green Men to do handstands, but the Southsiders can't stand and cheer!? Pretty dumb.

Just heard Blake say they were in the last rows of the upperbowl and told not to stand up??? WTF

and that even if they were standing they were only blocking other southsiders...ROGERS ARENA IS A JOKE.

Seriously whoever made their policy on what the crowd can do is a jackazz

Archived