Thoughts?

FLA
Schneider
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
1st

And now thoughts:

Florida is rebuilding. They give two young players for and ageing player, a blue line tripper and a pilon.

Florida says no.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 March 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#783 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

FLA
Luongo
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
1st

And now thoughts:

Florida is rebuilding. They give two young players for and ageing player, a blue line tripper and a pilon.

Florida says no.

Fixed
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#784 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Fixed

mmmNo I believe it was right:

FLA
Schneider
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
1st

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 March 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#785 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Fixed

Obviously we'd like that but I don't think there is any chance of that. Schneider's value is much higher than Lu's which isn't a shock.

#786 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Obviously we'd like that but I don't think there is any chance of that. Schneider's value is much higher than Lu's which isn't a shock.

what do you think we would have to add to the lu package to make it work?

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#787 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Not going to argue that Luongo is a great pressure goalie, but I will say that bleacherreport is pretty much a joke of a source to most of us in the hockey world, and if Luongo is going to be judged and dismissed as a mediocre playoff goaltender, the sum total of his performances are probably what should be judged. I would argue that he's not a notorious "choker", he's just not consistently stellar (then again, all the best have had their inconsistencies).

Luongo - lifetime .919 sv % in the regular season, .916 sv% lifetime in the playoffs. Better competition - understandable very slight difference.

Brodeur - lifetime .913 sv% in the regular season, .919 sv% lifetime in the playoffs. Steps his game up a bit (and played behind Scott Stevens, Scott Neidermeyer, etc), but a fairly negligible difference.

Patrick Roy - lifetime .910 sv % in the regular season, .918 sv% lifetime in the playoffs. Also stepped up his game slightly in the playoffs, but again, .002 edge lifetime over Luongo, also played behind bumbs like Larry Robinson and Chris Chelios.

Anyhow, two of the greatest perenial playoff goaltenders of the modern era, hold very slight advantages over Luongo, and played in the pre-cap era, for literal dynasties.

I personally am in favour of keeping Schneider - I'm blinded by the youth culture and the unknown ceiling of young potential, but let's not get too carried away making light of Luongo's talent. I think people will look back upon the current era and judge players differently, simply because it's been 15 years since a Champion repeated, whereas in the 15 years from 75 -90, there were three dynasties, and then nearly a fourth in the Penguins. The Red Wings and Devils are the closest franchises in the modern era, but the Red Wings managed to repeat once, while the Devils didn't - and six of their combined seven Cups came before the salary cap era. Staying competitive is as close as it gets to dynasty in today's NHL (particularly post-cap), and the Canucks are only a few years down that path. I think when the context of these goaltenders achievements are considered, it's not such a stretch to consider Luongo a legitimate hall of fame candidate.

Great Post!

Goalies are only as good as the team in front of them.

This fact is the reason GM's will not trade pivotal pieces of there core to acquire one. Cup winning goalies recently Niemi, Ward, Giguere were not the best they stopped the shots they should have and the players did the rest.

Still remember Neidermayer after winning the cup with Anaheim being asked by a reporter about how amazing Giguere had been for the playoffs. Neids somewhat annoyed by all the goalie hype responded back by saying.....Giggy made the saves we expected he would and we did the rest.

#788 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yeah let's add even more pieces to get rid of Luongo. You do understand that there is absolutely no logic in what you're suggesting? Unsound business decision.

Luongo is more valuable to the Canucks than any returns he could garner. This is not a reflection on said player; his contract is an aircraft carrier's anchor.

GET A T1D FFS!!!

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 March 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#789 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

A really solid prospect (Jensen, Gaunce, corrado although I don't know if he's enough for him). Basically, I don't know if we would end up making this particular move

#790 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yeah let's add even more pieces to get rid of Luongo. You do understand that there is absolutely no logic in what you're suggesting? Unsound business decision.

Luongo is more valuable to the Canucks than any returns he could garner. This is not a reflection on said player; his contract is an aircraft carrier's anchor.

GET A T1D FFS!!!

I didn't suggest anything. I didn't propose this deal. I'm just curious how far off the value is. Why are you so angry? what have I ever done to you? You need to chill the frack out man.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#791 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Double post.

But thanks bertuzzi jr. For answering mt question like a normal, bi-polar free human being.

Edited by TruCanuck, 05 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#792 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Great Post!

Goalies are only as good as the team in front of them.

This fact is the reason GM's will not trade pivotal pieces of there core to acquire one. Cup winning goalies recently Niemi, Ward, Giguere were not the best they stopped the shots they should have and the players did the rest.

Still remember Neidermayer after winning the cup with Anaheim being asked by a reporter about how amazing Giguere had been for the playoffs. Neids somewhat annoyed by all the goalie hype responded back by saying.....Giggy made the saves we expected he would and we did the rest.

"Goalies are only as good as the team in front of them."... really... so MG won't trade a pivolal piece for a Goalie... but will hold out untill he is offered a pivital piece for Luongo... that makes no sense.

#793 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Double post.

But thanks bertuzzi jr. For answering mt question like a normal, bi-polar free human being.

No problem man, at this point who knows what will go on. My guess is if it does happen it will be to a team nobody has thought of and completely out of the blue.

#794 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

OT (not that it matters much apparently)-- I went through Marty Brodeur's career game logs, just for giggles. The most goals against he has had in a single game was 6. He has allowed 6 GA in a single game quite a few times, the earliest being November 26, 1993 (at St Louis--result: tie game :lol: ). 4-5 GA was not unheard of. Marty, undoubtedly a HOFer and unquestionably an elite tender, did have for many of his years the benefits of playing in a defensive system and solid d-men in front of him.

Man, at the moment I wish ANY trade or movement would happen...April 3rd can't come soon enough.

Edit: not a total non sequitur as previous posters were discussing Brodeur v Luongo

Edited by Vicky, 05 March 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#795 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

"Goalies are only as good as the team in front of them."... really... so MG won't trade a pivolal piece for a Goalie... but will hold out untill he is offered a pivital piece for Luongo... that makes no sense.

What makes sense is that throughout history goalies have never been traded for value along the lines of star players. Do a little research and you will understand.

MG is holding out for the best deal but is also balancing a hard to trade contract, the problem of who plays backup without Lack available is a factor as well. If you think MG will be able to get a top 6 and two elite prospects you will be disappointed.
Would you trade for a 34 yr old all star under contract till 42 and give away that many pieces of your team?

As far as the quote. Yes having an elite goalie increases your chances..... but without good defense and timely scoring it does not matter who you have in goal. Playoffs are about match-ups. Goaltending is just one part of the equation. Case and point Flyers vs Hawks.

#796 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

What makes sense is that throughout history goalies have never been traded for value along the lines of star players. Do a little research and you will understand.

MG is holding out for the best deal but is also balancing a hard to trade contract, the problem of who plays backup without Lack available is a factor as well. If you think MG will be able to get a top 6 and two elite prospects you will be disappointed.
Would you trade for a 34 yr old all star under contract till 42 and give away that many pieces of your team?

As far as the quote. Yes having an elite goalie increases your chances..... but without good defense and timely scoring it does not matter who you have in goal. Playoffs are about match-ups. Goaltending is just one part of the equation. Case and point Flyers vs Hawks.

I think you can argue it either way. If you have ever played hockey you know a hot goalie can easliy win you the game/championship. One player can not.So I think you are saying... most here are going to be disappiontment by the return we get for Luongo.

#797 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

I didn't suggest anything. I didn't propose this deal. I'm just curious how far off the value is. Why are you so angry? what have I ever done to you? You need to chill the frack out man.

Communication factors: 70% body language, 25% voice intonation, 5% vocabulary - "Five Essential People Skills" - Dale Carnegy.

Since 95% of communication is cut off between posters, I assure you, I am not angry in the least.

#798 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Luongo + Raymond + Alberts

for

Gudbranson + Mueller + 2nd

Thoughts?

This trade has my vote.

Do you think Florida would do it?

#799 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

mmmNo I believe it was right:

FLA
Schneider
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
1st

Did you get a chance to check out Schneider's new millionaires mask? Pretty sick, eh

#800 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Luongo
Corrado
2nd

Gudbranson

Raymond
Schroeder
1st

Foligno
Brassard

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Foligno Brassard Hansen
Weise Lapierre Higgins/Vestito

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Gudbranson
Garrison Tanev
Alberts Barker

Schneider
Lack

vPTJpcO.jpg

#801 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Would I do Lou for Gudbranson, Mueller and a 2knd? Sure.

For the moment I'm hoping the Canucks can hold the fort without Kess and Bieksa. I don't like Raymond's chances matching up against San Jose as a centre; too big! None of Garrison, Ballard, Edler nor Hamhuis have looked great playing right side, now two will be playing there all game.

I'd like MG to look at an actual realistic trade and FTR, we should have looked at Mueller in the off season. He was a cheap UFA pick up for Florida who could have helped us.

This trade has my vote.

Do you think Florida would do it?

#802 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yzerman won the Gold Medal with Luongo so Yzerman has a connection with Luongo and beleives in him. I think MG is the problem... he knows Yzerman is smarter than him and doesn't want to come out looking stupid for trading away Luongo.Imagine if Luongo goes to Tampa and they win the Cup... MG will be face palming himself the rest of his life.

You know Yzerman believes in Lou? You know hes smarter than MG? And you think that getting Lou will win them the Cup? Pretty far fetched ideas coming from you.

#803 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

You know Yzerman believes in Lou? You know hes smarter than MG? And you think that getting Lou will win them the Cup? Pretty far fetched ideas coming from you.

What.. you don't beleive in Lou either. And you wanna argue with Yzerman's record... go right ahead

#804 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

I over heard Luongo talking today. True story... apparently he bought 25% share in the team and is working on a trade
To Tampa
MG + Cory +

To van
Hedman + $ to hire someone to run strombone1 instagram and facebook account + steveeeeey y +++ more

And then another trade

To Dallas ...dan " lets give up an odd man rush or deflect pucks cuz luis in net" hamhuis and 2nd rounder

To van ... Rome + morrow

E5 folks

Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#805 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I over heard Luongo talking today. True story... apparently he bought 25% share in the team and is working on a trade
To Tampa
MG + Cory +

To van
Hedman + $ to hire someone to run strombone1 instagram and facebook account + steveeeeey y +++ more

And then another trade

To Dallas ...dan " lets give up an odd man rush or deflect pucks cuz luis in net" hamhuis and 2nd rounder

To van ... Rome + morrow

E5 folks

That wasn't even funny
Posted Image

#806 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

That wasn't even funny

What is funny is that u think Cory is better than luongo hahahahha
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#807 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

What is funny is that u think Cory is better than luongo hahahahha

And when did I say that? Its actually funny that you think Luongo has a future in Vancouver
Posted Image

#808 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

And when did I say that? Its actually funny that you think Luongo has a future in Vancouver

I've seen your posts... so u think Cory isnt better than luongo but want luongo gone?
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#809 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I've seen your posts... so u think Cory isnt better than luongo but want luongo gone?

You twisted the words in my post. I don't want Luongo gone, I know he's being traded and have long since accepted that fact. Cory is staying and Lu is going. There's too much evidence to support that and the fact that you and CH101 continue to push those facts to the side and refuse to believe they are real is pretty sad.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 05 March 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Posted Image

#810 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

You twisted the words in my post. I don't want Luongo gone, I know he's being traded and have long since accepted that fact. Cory is staying and Lu is going. There's too much evidence to support that and the fact that you and CH101 continue to push those facts to the side and refuse to believe they are real is pretty sad.

It would have been sad if I came out and said it after game two when it looked like luongo was done here... but its not now. There is a chance he'll stay.

Everyone was guaranteeing he would be gone before this season started. He is still here and playing luongo hockey. Anything can happen
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.