The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Actually no, not all of them were against it, I argued that Kadri was worth it even in the summer. I was pro Kadri PACKAGE, not straight up. And if you want to make generalizations like that I'll throw another one at you.... All those people calling Kadri a bust are probably all the same people who want to trade Luongo for Bjugstad straight up :bigblush:

Again deleted retardation for clarity.

My trade proposal was never about Schneider, that was all you, but in true CDC fashion you didn't actually offed a complete thought and still haven't, so again what is your + something, since the question you wanted me to answer was would I do the trade of Hedman for Schneider + something. I'm not going to fill in that blank for you junior because I still believe Luongo is more than sufficient to get Hedman.

Answer this question, would you rather have a top dman for ten years and horrible goaltending, or a top goaltender for five to six years and a good defense?

"Luongo is more than sufficient to get Hedman." only in your mind ... there is no arguing with such an idiot as yourself. Please print this off and post it somewhere for you to look at in Five years.

Some stats for you... jtlk...Martin Brodeur would be who you should say has dominated the NHL

3 Stanley Cup wins...

Career

220px--Brodeur_Celebration.ogv.jpg

magnify-clip.pngThe final seconds and post-game celebration of Brodeur's 552nd win on March 17, 2009, against the Chicago Blackhawks at the Prudential Center.

• Most regular season wins: 664

• Most regular season shutouts: 120

• Most regular season losses: 372

• Most playoff shutouts: 24

• Most shutouts, regular season & playoffs combined: 144

• Most overtime wins: 45

• Most 40-win seasons: 8

• Most 30-win seasons: 14

• Most consecutive 40-win seasons: 3 (tied with Evgeni Nabokov)

• Most consecutive 35-win seasons: 11

• Most consecutive 30-win seasons: 12

• Youngest goalie to reach 300, 400 and 500 career wins

• Only goalie to reach 600 career wins

• Most career saves: 27,354

• Most games played by an NHL goaltender: 1,193 (also most played with only one team)

• Most total minutes played by an NHL goaltender: 70,148

• Only NHL goalie to score a game-winning goal

• Most career goals by a goaltender, including playoffs: 2 (tied with Ron Hextall)

[edit]Regular season

• Most wins in a single season (48, in 2006–07)

• Most minutes played in a single season (4697, in 2006–07)

[edit]Playoffs

These statistics are accurate as of the end of the 2012 NHL Playoffs.

• Most shutouts in a playoff campaign (7, in 2003)

• Most shutouts in a Stanley Cup final (3, in 2003; tied with Toronto Maple Leafs' Frank McCool)

• Third goaltender to win the Stanley Cup with a Game 7 shutout in 2003.

• First goaltender in history to have 3 shutouts in two different playoff series (1995 against Boston in the Conference Quarterfinals, 2003 against Anaheim in the Stanley Cup final.)

• Most points and assists in a playoff campaign (4 assists, in 2012).

Some stats for you... jtlk...Martin Brodeur would be who you should say has dominated the NHL

3 Stanley Cup wins...

Career

220px--Brodeur_Celebration.ogv.jpg

magnify-clip.pngThe final seconds and post-game celebration of Brodeur's 552nd win on March 17, 2009, against the Chicago Blackhawks at the Prudential Center.

• Most regular season wins: 664

• Most regular season shutouts: 120

• Most regular season losses: 372

• Most playoff shutouts: 24

• Most shutouts, regular season & playoffs combined: 144

• Most overtime wins: 45

• Most 40-win seasons: 8

• Most 30-win seasons: 14

• Most consecutive 40-win seasons: 3 (tied with Evgeni Nabokov)

• Most consecutive 35-win seasons: 11

• Most consecutive 30-win seasons: 12

• Youngest goalie to reach 300, 400 and 500 career wins

• Only goalie to reach 600 career wins

• Most career saves: 27,354

• Most games played by an NHL goaltender: 1,193 (also most played with only one team)

• Most total minutes played by an NHL goaltender: 70,148

• Only NHL goalie to score a game-winning goal

• Most career goals by a goaltender, including playoffs: 2 (tied with Ron Hextall)

[edit]Regular season

• Most wins in a single season (48, in 2006–07)

• Most minutes played in a single season (4697, in 2006–07)

[edit]Playoffs

These statistics are accurate as of the end of the 2012 NHL Playoffs.

• Most shutouts in a playoff campaign (7, in 2003)

• Most shutouts in a Stanley Cup final (3, in 2003; tied with Toronto Maple Leafs' Frank McCool)

• Third goaltender to win the Stanley Cup with a Game 7 shutout in 2003.

• First goaltender in history to have 3 shutouts in two different playoff series (1995 against Boston in the Conference Quarterfinals, 2003 against Anaheim in the Stanley Cup final.)

• Most points and assists in a playoff campaign (4 assists, in 2012).

so you are saying you like the younger Luongo winning the Gold over Broduer... but you like the older Luongo over the younger Cory...

nice consistency.... and your wrong

Yeah Broduer's, last cup was in 2003... hasn't won a cup over the age 31... but you think Luongo is getting better at age 34 ... you are making no sense

Yeah funny thing; Kadri has become the guy we would have wanted. He's evolved into a prospect advanced enough to know what we are getting! The "equation" was always a young prospect (but at Kadri's current stage), a pick and a veteran.

I'm not so fussed if he gets O'zone starts. Presumably, if it was a Kadri / Bozak deal, they absolutely would have had to get a young centre back which would have been Schroeder. Guys would have been dreaming to think we could not offer a return to fill their void at centre. So those starts would have opened up.

I was one who could be accused of bashing the Kadri concept in summer. I also admired his talent. I guess the real art of being a GM is seeing through baby fat; see Kassian, Zack! And I believe you are selling Kadri short as not the answer, as he has considerably more upside than Schroeder IMO. If Schroeder was not here, Kadri would look pretty bloody good in our uni right now!

But I also posted vehemently that TO could never give up their 2knd best centre (Bozak) and their best centre prospect. Especially considering they wanted to rid themselves of Connolly and Lombardi. The trade never made sense, from a Leaf's view unless it was Kadri and Lombardi + a pick or more junior prospect for Lou and Schroeder.

That's a lot of convolution. You're revising the posts of a bunch of people with different opinions and summarizing them all in a rather "group" simplistic way.

For example, my personal opinion was that Kadri is a talented offensive player who the Leafs couldn't afford to move anyhow given their lack of depth at center and Bozak's pending UFA status, and also, is not a good fit for Vancouver. What you don't seem to be considering is how Kadri is being used in Toronto. Toronot's other centers - Grabovski 33.5% offensive zone starts, Bozak 45.2%, McClement 32.2% - tailoring Kadri's minutes to offensive zone starts against the opponents weakest quality of competition. Corsi Rel QofC - Grabovski +1.595, Bozak +.724, McClement +.627, Kadri -.141.

The Canucks however have a guy named Henrik Sedin at 69.2% offensive zone starts, and already have a rookie who also gets primarily offensive zone starts. Even if you take Kesler out of the Canucks lineup, Kadri still isn't a very good fit - perhaps even less so. The Canucks still need a legitimate third line type center - particularly with the loss of Malhotra. Ironic that you are attempting to claim that folks here who were calling for a third line center were shortsighted (and not sure where you get this myth of a Matthias consensus) - it would appear that the loss of two outstanding defensive centers has only increased that need and the point of their/our arguments. That Kadri, Bozak/Frattin, Scrivens thing you refered to - how would the Leafs manage if they move two centers in Kadri and Bozak? Have you looked at their roster?

I also don't recall anyone making much of a Scrivens inclusion/exclusion in a deal - but now, he's probably another Leafs untouchable LOL. Who needs Luongo? They have "Scrivezina"! :lol:

Kadri - still not the answer - but not surprised that a few folks here take the timing of a hat trick to suggest that it proves their point. I've heard it from GMs repeatedly - they don't cut deals (particularly for franchise goaltenders) as a reaction to a (short term) injury. Most of us considered Bozak a better option for both teams considering the type of player he is and the fact the Leafs weren't really in any position to give up their young skilled center prospect (and with all due respect, the Canucks are much richer than them in that sense.)

As for Frattin looking pretty good - agreed - have thought he's the best Leafs fit for quite some time (not simply a reaction to the fact he's come in and put up 10 points in 10 games).

Last I checked; Brodeur backstopped his team from no where to the finals last year. And yes he was much better last year than Lou was in our cup run where he was a let down in the finals.

Yes, Lou out performed Brodeur at the Olympics. But Lou was not a dominating goalie in that tourney, or the reason they won. He qualifies like Niemi did when he won the cup; he got the job done but it was the team in front of him that locked it down!

Brodeur HAS been every bit as dominant as Lou could be in cup runs, but without brain farts or let downs. Absolutely rock solid and clutch in key moments and games. Lou had a chance to be the clutch guy who gets us over adversity and did not get it done. Brodeur's place in the hall is a certainty; its not a good comparison for you to make!

I said decade. He last won in 2003...

Last I checked luongo OUTPLAYED brodeur and saved his country a gold medal.

Last I checked; Brodeur backstopped his team from no where to the finals last year. And yes he was much better last year than Lou was in our cup run where he was a let down in the finals.

Yes, Lou out performed Brodeur at the Olympics. But Lou was not a dominating goalie in that tourney, or the reason they won. He qualifies like Niemi did when he won the cup; he got the job done but it was the team in front of him that locked it down!

Brodeur HAS been every bit as dominant as Lou could be in cup runs, but without brain farts or let downs. Absolutely rock solid and clutch in key moments and games. Lou had a chance to be the clutch guy who gets us over adversity and did not get it done. Brodeur's place in the hall is a certainty; its not a good comparison for you to make!

First off you lost me at Marty being better than Lu was in their cup run.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? LUONGO STOLE THREE GAMES TO PUSH IT TO SEVEN. Did u even watch the devils play last year??!!!!?!! As usual their style helped Marty ...

And no brain farts compared to luongo?? THIS WAS IN THE CUP FINAL ... even the best goalies have bad goals or games. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bbRPK6sz2o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

First off you lost me at Marty being better than Lu was in their cup run.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? LUONGO STOLE THREE GAMES TO PUSH IT TO SEVEN. Did u even watch the devils play last year??!!!!?!! As usual their style helped Marty ...

And no brain farts compared to luongo?? THIS WAS IN THE CUP FINAL ... even the best goalies have bad goals or games. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bbRPK6sz2o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You're letting your serious love for Luongo get in the way of obvious facts. Yea Lu won the starting job from Brodeur in the Olympics, but Marty is by far the more accomplished/successful goalie than Luongo is.

Also Brodeur didn't let in 8 goals in one Finals game in his 4 SCF appearances.

Archived