The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV and Kassian

Red Light Racicot

Why does AV only ever have one solution when he is displeased by Kassian's play?

Demoting him to the fourth line is not having the desired effect, but AV keeps on doing it anyways. Its become routine.

Try talking to the kid at least. Some in game tutelage might work wonders. Who knows?

One way or another I think this constant demotion thing needs to stop. Either you let him make his mistakes or you might as well send him back to Chicago. The situation has become ridiculous imo.

I'm a big fan of AV, and am fine with how he has handled younger players. However, I agree that I think he is walking a fine line with Kass. First of all, I don't think kass is playing poorly, and, in fact, I think his play has been good, or better, than most of the vets. I get that he has to earn his ice time, but he is in danger of ruining his confidence

I want to win games and if kassian is coughing up the puck I would rather have him playing less minutes. He is actually my favorite player now but he needs to be sheltered when he's playing like this. If he can't handle consistent prime time minutes he is going to have to take those minutes in short stints when he's hot. It's better for him in the long run... We can't afford to lose games just because we think we can train the kid to be 2002 Bertuzzi in 2 months time. It just doesn't work like that when your team is a serious contender. He's only 22 and has plenty of time to earn those minutes.

I'm a big fan of AV, and am fine with how he has handled younger players.  However, I agree that I think he is walking a fine line with Kass.  First of all, I don't think kass is playing poorly, and, in fact, I think his play has been good, or better, than most of the vets.  I get that he has to earn his ice time, but he is in danger of ruining his confidence

Archived