195 replies to this topic

#121 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Burke/Quinn and Lindy Ruff for GM and Coach.

#122 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

and you are trolling on a Canucks fan forum because....??

Read my earlier posts and you'll see why I come here. Can you also point out any of my posts that are trolling? When I say the Canucks are a better team than their record shows, is that trolling? When I say the Canucks are talented, is that trolling?

#123 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Read my earlier posts and you'll see why I come here. Can you also point out any of my posts that are trolling? When I say the Canucks are a better team than their record shows, is that trolling? When I say the Canucks are talented, is that trolling?

Unfortunately it would seem a sizable amount of canucks fans have reading comprehension skills.. add to that a generally slowwwww perception and you have people who lack the basics of communication.

If i were you Id ignore those who post crap like that to you.. youve proven time and time again to be a respectful poster on these boards.

Edited by lolwut?, 06 March 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#124 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Canucks 3-5-1 in past 9 games. Time to panic?

The Canucks are now 3-5-1 over their past 9 games. This has caused them to drop from having a secure hold on the division title and almost a sure spot on the playoffs, to being in jeopardy of being in 9th or 10th place in the conference and missing the playoffs. I've seen this story before. For those who take our playoff berths as granted, let me assure you that nothing is written in stone. We've missed the playoffs twice since the dreaded Mark Messier years, and we could miss them again.

At what point is it time to panic? And let me define some examples of panic:

- Making a big trade
- Firing AV or MG
- AV calling the team out publicly
- Dissention in the locker room

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS YOU NEVER PANIC !

That is the only answer to your question.

#125 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think this team has falling into a lacklustre groove, similar to the fans. Its the regular season, they've won the presidents trophy twice, and it got them no where. Just like the fans, I think they're holding back their excitement and drive until it really matters.

Whether thats ok or not is another question.

#126 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Unfortunately it would seem a sizable amount of canucks fans have reading comprehension skills.. add to that a generally slowwwww perception and you have people who lack the basics of communication.

If i were you Id ignore those who post crap like that to you.. youve proven time and time again to be a respectful poster on these boards.

I can attest to bolded.
And I think the advise is spot on.

The very notion that there is a right time to panic is fallacious. It may be necessary to make adjustments. It may even be necessary to make some drastic moves. But, if they get to the point where panic is necessary, it's probably too late to do anything sensible, anyway.
I'd say, however, for the sake of argument, that it may be time to panic when they've tried every means at their disposal and this team's play hasn't improved. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. If that doesn't work, you're just repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. And we all know what that means.

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#127 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I think if the players follows AV's system 90% of the time, instead of 100% of the time, we will be better as a team. I mean yes having a system and plan in place is great. However you will never surprise the enemy that way. They knew exactly what you are going to do, 24/7. It is hard to win that way.

You should always allow room for randomness, where player skills, experience and instinct matters.

So what does that mean? Well the game is 60 minutes long. Why not have three of 2 minutes (6 minutes total) of run and gun hockey every night? Just randomly pick 3 time, 3 shifts, pick a random line. Totally random and unpredictable. Play like we are down a goal with 2 minutes left in the game, desperate to score. All out attack no one defend.

And then just as fast as it came, we go back to our systematic game.

System, system, system, boom all out attack, system.
System, boom all out attack, system, system, system.
etc

Edited by CHIPS, 06 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#128 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

All we need to do is create a thread saying that the next game makes or breaks the canucks season. It worked for the LA game.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#129 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

with all the drama that seems to be happening with our club this year, something certainly seems to be off. Agents talking to management, goaltenders, losing players via the waiver wire, let's just say I've glanced at it and I'm aware of where it is located.

#130 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

and you are trolling on a Canucks fan forum because....??

About as far away from being a troll as you can get...

#131 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Woohoo!

We've improved to 3-3-3 in the last nine! Go team!

/sarcasm

#132 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Burke/Quinn and Lindy Ruff for GM and Coach.

........2 out of your 3 were run out of here for a reason years ago.(never to return)

#133 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

I don't think we need to panic. Imagine acquiring a top-10 draft pick, along with the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo, Schneider, Hamhuis, Edler, and Garrison. We will be stacked.
Posted Image

#134 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I dont want an * beside our name on the cup. This is a year we need to solidify as a team or it will never happen. We need to deal with the goalie situation. We need to move Kassian to the top line and let him spend the whole year there learning to play with the Sedins, so there will be some size on that line come play-off time. We need to learn to win 5 on 5 with out the need of our spotty but potient PP, and by that time hopefully Kess will be fully back in the line up playing with Burr. Then we make another serious run for it, in full legit year.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#135 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I think if the players follows AV's system 90% of the time, instead of 100% of the time, we will be better as a team. I mean yes having a system and plan in place is great. However you will never surprise the enemy that way. They knew exactly what you are going to do, 24/7. It is hard to win that way.

You should always allow room for randomness, where player skills, experience and instinct matters.

So what does that mean? Well the game is 60 minutes long. Why not have three of 2 minutes (6 minutes total) of run and gun hockey every night? Just randomly pick 3 time, 3 shifts, pick a random line. Totally random and unpredictable. Play like we are down a goal with 2 minutes left in the game, desperate to score. All out attack no one defend.

etc

This, especially when defending a lead.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#136 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Debs comment deserves a face palm. Real Canuck fans panic when they know there is nothing good coming our way. This season is a right off I hope We do miss the playoffs

1. It's write-off as in to write something off
2. "real Canucks fans" - I don't think there are too many fans more "real" than Deb
3. The season is halfway through and we're still in a playoff spot, calm your farm

But I guess "real Canucks fans" give up on the team at this stage and we won't see you around when they're in the playoffs... right? I sure hope so.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#137 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

About as far away from being a troll as you can get...

Go away.
Posted Image

#138 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

etc

Agreed! CHicago is dangerous because they "cheat" on the offensive side of the puck. Not all the time, but they read the play and will take some chances. It keeps the other team always off-balance and a little tentative.

AV's system is too restrictive and other teams know the Nucks are so defence focused they can't transition quickly. It allows more pinching and for a more aggressive forechecki without fear of getting burned.

I'd also like to see the Sedins do the same thing with shooting versus passing on some shifts. Have a few shifts where they just unload the puck every time it's on their stick. Would keep other Teams guessing and as they showed last night, it can lead to goals..

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 06 March 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#139 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

As for panicking...

We're almiost half way thorugh the season and 3rd in the west. That's the good news

We are 3-4-3 in our last 10 an there are 8 teams within 4 points of us, some with games in hand. The team has not played inspiiring hockey in any kind of consistent way though there have been times when they have looked like what we expect.

At this moment, they are still in control of their playoff destiny so no need to panic though a healthy level of concern is warranted.

Unless they want to end up chasing other teams, some of whom could get hot and be tough to catch, they need to find their game in the next couple weeks and start to solidify their game and lines so they head down the stretch comfortable in their skin.

I'll give them another 2 weeks before my concern starts to turn to mild panic.

#140 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

when the fat lady sings...

#141 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Agreed! CHicago is dangerous because they "cheat" on the offensive side of the puck. Not all the time, but they read the play and will take some chances. It keeps the other team always off-balance and a little tentative.

Vancouvers defence last year: 192 points
Chicagos defence last year: 169 points

You don't get 192 points from your blue line without cheating...

#142 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

with all the drama that seems to be happening with our club this year, something certainly seems to be off. Agents talking to management, goaltenders, losing players via the waiver wire, let's just say I've glanced at it and I'm aware of where it is located.

"I don't want to sign in Vancouver... they are TOO concerned about the health of their players..."

#143 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Vancouvers defence last year: 192 points
Chicagos defence last year: 169 points

You don't get 192 points from your blue line without cheating...

I was referring more to the forwards getting in behind the D in anticipation of clearing the zone by their D. Of course, what you describe is a factor in what I was referring to ::D

#144 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

I was referring more to the forwards getting in behind the D in anticipation of clearing the zone by their D. Of course, what you describe is a factor in what I was referring to ::D

I just don't understand how our system isn't an offensive system, and the Blackhawks system is an offensive system... when both teams averaged the same # of goals/game last year...

#145 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

There will always people who pretend to be cool and don't panic until it is too late.....For example, MG.

#146 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

I just don't understand how our system isn't an offensive system, and the Blackhawks system is an offensive system... when both teams averaged the same # of goals/game last year...

I have an idea, it's a little crazy, a little radical but bear with me, here it is - last season was a different season. Chicago's coach is a different coach from Vancouver's. One of those coaches made changes to his system, has set a record for wins to start a season (this one, the new one!), and his name seems to be coming up in all the Jack Adams speculation. The other coach is sticking with the same ol' same ol'.

Of course I haven't been able to figure out which is which, but give me time, my theory is a work in progress.

#147 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

I have an idea, it's a little crazy, a little radical but bear with me, here it is - last season was a different season. Chicago's coach is a different coach from Vancouver's. One of those coaches made changes to his system, has set a record for wins to start a season (this one, the new one!), and his name seems to be coming up in all the Jack Adams speculation. The other coach is sticking with the same ol' same ol'.

Of course I haven't been able to figure out which is which, but give me time, my theory is a work in progress.

Feel free to enlighten me as to the drastic system changes Chicago has made.

Also, whats wrong with sticking to the same old? We were one of the top offensive teams last year... were on pace for 15 less goals this season (while missing our 2nd line center). If anything our offensive numbers are BETTER than they were last year..

#148 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,671 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

There will always people who pretend to be cool and don't panic until it is too late.....For example, MG.

Smart people don't panic and keep their heads and wits about them when things go wrong. When you panic that's when you made bad decisions or trades. Do you think Sir Alex Ferguson panics when his team lost in the Champions League?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#149 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Go away.

No thanks.

#150 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.