The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

I'm getting tired :bored: of AV playing his favorites head games all the time... Change up the coach, he's losing the room or so it seems... There's almost zero emotion in the Canuck's game right now... Although I'll say it's been nice watching the Sedins (especially Henrik) show some jam and actually check with some ferocity and push back in the scrums etc...

I don't get why alot of you say Ballard has been constintly good but its a known fact he had 3 turn overs and was minus 2 in the Coyotes game. So are the smart Canuck fans implying that Ballard was scratched bc AV thinks he's ugly? There has much more to it than the way the guys look. I think we, as a fan, tend to think we are smarter or know what's going on more than the staff

For once in CDC, it seems everyone is agreeing with each other on the same topic.

I m a strong av supporter because I base my judgment on stats and accomplishments, but this kind of treatment to player is so illogical that its hard to justify.

Wtf on Mother Earth would he scratch Ballard over Albert other than some personal agenda?

I don't get why alot of you say Ballard has been constintly good but its a known fact he had 3 turn overs and was minus 2 in the Coyotes game. So are the smart Canuck fans implying that Ballard was scratched bc AV thinks he's ugly? There has much more to it than the way the guys look. I think we, as a fan, tend to think we are smarter or know what's going on more than the staff

It's probably best for both sides if he gets traded. He's a good player and deserves to play and maybe a good hockey trade can spark this team.

I don't think he's necessarily in the doghouse, I think they are trying to see what they have in Alberts and barker. That being said he's kinda the odd man out as he's not taking hamhuis or Edlers spot. It's our fortunate luck with injuries that's unfortunate for Ballard. I don't really agree with it at all but That's how I'm reading it.

I'd laugh so hard if a Raymond Ballard 1st deal goes down haha

He was brought in to Vancouver to challenge for a top 4 spot. There has contiinued to be better options in the top four since his arrival. As much as I can understand the questioning of AV here, I think MG brought in a piece in Ballard from the beginning whom doesn't fit.

Ballard in my opinion has been one of the better defensemen in Vancouver this year, and it really seems he has embraced his role as a reliable bottom pairing defender this year.

I have no problem with Vancouver trying out all their defense, but Ballard should remain in the lineup while doing so. Alberts does offer an element Vancouver does need on defense, he just doesn't play smart enough. But Ballard in my opinion as it stands is an improvement on Alberts, Barker, and maybe even a top four currently playing on the roster.

Ballard does deserve better, but it should come as no surprise he just isn't a fit in Vancouver.

It's starting to look like things maybe coming apart in Lotus Land.

1) The way the Cody H deal went down was kind fo ugly

2) Manny's situation looks like it could have been handled better and is still an issue

3) the goalie situation, which is a hold-over form last year's SC exit

4) Some of Kesler and his agents comments and disagreements publicly with management

5) The apparent bias against Ballard - no room for error compared to other D

6) Hearing from the rookies that teh coach doesn't talk to them and explain what is rexpected of them but puts them in positions they can't succeed (Schroeder on 4th line C)

Just some examples bu the say where there's smoke there's fire. Seems to me there is far too much drama and personnel conflict/disconnect. along with questionable treatment of certain players.

Let's not forget Linden and Naslund , two of the greatest Nucks ever, both had issues with management.

Lots of little things can add up to a big thing and maybe it explains the disconnected team we are seeing on the ice. THe players are aware of all these things (and more) and are not immune to it.

AV is such a joke, if Ballard is traded we're not winning a cup with Barker/Alberts in our top 6.

Connauton will also be called up to play at some point in the season. Well, that's what he told his girlfriend apparently.. Managment told him he'd be called up at some point in the season to play. If he's good, he needs to be that rookie that shines for us. If he can't, then well our defense is terrible without Ballard.

I almost forgot Corrado.. Don't think he's ready though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of firing AV after the Kings lost. I don't agree with the majority of AVs decision. Not even a fan of hiring mike Gillis, no experience. I just don't see why he keeps scratching Ballard for no reason. Maybe they will let it be known when he's gone like they did when Hodgson got traded. I figured one game is good enough to punish someone, but two games is serious. The guy makes 4.2 mil what is the point of keeping him in the doghouse consistently.

The issue with Ballard is that he was never allowed to play his game under AV's system. We've seen flashes of what he really can do, and he's been spectacular defensively paired with Tanev this season save for the game prior to him being scratched.

Appropriate response by Ballard considering what AV is doing to his career. He must have pulled some kind of classic Ballard practical joke, and AV ended up throwing sh*t everywhere like the monkey he is.

If we do deal him, we need a C with some offensive upside, badly.

It's starting to look like things maybe coming apart in Lotus Land.

1) The way the Cody H deal went down was kind fo ugly

2) Manny's situation looks like it could have been handled better and is still an issue

3) the goalie situation, which is a hold-over form alst year's SC exit

4) Some of Kesler and his agents comments and disagreements publicly with management

5) The apparent bias against Ballard - no room for error compared to other D

6) Hearing from the rookies that teh coach doesn't talk to them and explain what is rexpected of them but puts them in positions they can't succeed (Schroeder on 4th line C)

Just some examples bu the say where there's smoke there's fire. Seems to me there is far to much drama and personnel confolct/disconnect seems to be far too much drama and questionable treatment of certain players.

Let's not forget Linden and Naslund , two of the greatest Nucks ever, both had issues with management.

Lots of little htings can add up to a big thing and maybe it expleakn teh disconnected team we are seeing on the ice.

Archived