The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson with the goal of the year?

Kassian dick riders? Guess that's what it is called when you support the players on your team. Guess I'm a Sedin dick rider too. Also a Burrows dick rider. I also ride the dicks of Booth, Kesler, Hansen, Hamhuis, Garrison, Weise, Sestito, Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra, Raymond, Schroeder, Tanev, Bieksa, Barker, Ballard, Alberts, Schneider, AND Lu. Gawd I am just one big slut.

Btw way to write off a player who just turned 22 years old. Reaaal nice.

FYI, Buffalo is not last in the E. conference, but actually 13th in a very tight race for playoff spots. In fact, as of the moment, Buffalo is only 4 pts out of a playoff spot, and only 6 pts behind the Canucks.

But yeah, sweet goal. Take away in the neutral zone before going through the rest of Carolina's team, wrapping up the solo effort past their goalie. It was also yet another example of how far this kid has come since leaving AV's doghouse and getting a fresh start with coaching staff willing to develop their rookies.

Post trade Canucks mgmt (MG) went out of the way to trash the kid, claiming they actively tried to scam potential trading partners (other teams) by setting Hodgson up to look better than he was and not expose his so-called defensive liabilities.

In Buffalo, the coaching staff has given Hodgson the opportunity to gain experience and actually develop his two-way game - which explains why he's now one of the go-to guys on the PK, the only Sabre with 2 short-handed points":1 from an awesome setup of Pominville, and then tonight's solo effort.

But there will always been the blinded Canuck sheep who fall for the story he's useless defensively, repeating the tired rhetoric of others rather than actually taking off their sheep glasses long enough to develop their own opinion. Sorta like the tired rhetoric that somehow Hodgson is only riding the coattails of Vanek and Pominville, despite what both those guys and stats show otherwise.

This kid has proven again and again he can do it solo, can feed his linemates, can tap in what they feed him, etc. Same situation as the Sedins - and every other set of linemates - have, but somehow disgruntled Canuck fans would prefer to imagine that Hodgson's successes belong to anyone but him. :rolleyes:

And oh yeah, this kid has been more successful than even the Sedins so far this season. He's sitting on an arguably less talented team, yet has just as many points as the Canuck's leading scorers, and significantly more even strength and short-handed points than any other Canuck.

Here's to hoping Canucks management learn something from how this season has panned out so far for Hodgson versus Kassian, and actually give Kassian the same opportunity to develop as Hodgson has found elsewhere!

Kassian dick riders? Guess that's what it is called when you support the players on your team. Guess I'm a Sedin dick rider too. Also a Burrows dick rider. I also ride the dicks of Booth, Kesler, Hansen, Hamhuis, Garrison, Weise, Sestito, Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra, Raymond, Schroeder, Tanev, Bieksa, Barker, Ballard, Alberts, Schneider, AND Lu. Gawd I am just one big slut.

Btw way to write off a player who just turned 22 years old. Reaaal nice.

"Cue the OMG why did we trade Hodgson???? Gillis is an idiot, he should be neutered!!! comments. "

That's totally supporting Kassian right? That's 100% not being a ???? idiot and crapting a thread up right? That's totally not starting a retarded argument in this thread amirite?

???? Kassian dick riders. GET A BRAIN.

Plus while the Sabres were on the PK. The organization is letting Hodgson be on the ice because they feel he can contribute defensively, but if not, at least make he learn from his mistake so he can become more of a complete player.... some AV never understood.

With Cody scoring 2 out of the 3 goals tonight he was the reason that the Sabres even looked respectable last night.

With that having been said, a power forward takes longer to develop so the jury will be out on Big Kass for another couple of years. AV needs to get Kass off of the 4th friggin' line though. He will not develop properly until he starts getting some minutes. All AV is doing is using Kass as a backup goon. That's just stupid plain and simple.

Like I said in my thread from the other day, I am definitely happy that Cody is working out well for us.

At the same time I'm pulling for Kass to do well. He's a stand up guy.

Archived