The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

The problem isn't the lines, after the Sedins and Burrows, we have a bunch of third line players. Remember when we had Sedin Sedin Burrows then Samuelsson, Sundin, Kesler? That's an actual second line. Hansen, Higgins Raymond as your second line wins you a first round golf trip. How long will Kesler stay healthy when he comes back and who will he play with that he had great chemistry with? Its the personnel in my opinion. The second line has always been an issue with Gillis as leader. He needs to get on this, Booth isn't the answer.

Here's where I disagree

On paper a 2nd line of Booth Kesler Kassian is better than Samuelsson, Kesler and Sundin

Sundin led by leadshership not play. His season was actually not very good.

Booth is better than Samuelsson and Kassian is actually better than he's playing right now.

Kassian seems to play his best when hes all hyped up and motivated. We need a coach that can find a way to motivate him so that he's playing up to his potential.

The one thing I did notice however is that there is no chemisty between Booth and Kesler as they are both shoot first guys.

Thats why I think Booth needs to be dropped down to 3rd line and have someone like Higgis on 2nd line. With Booth and Shroeder on 3rd line with someone like Hansen or Raymond, thats a VERY strong 3rd line.

I dont think we have ALL the pieces but we do have most of them. The problem is that they are being utilized poorly and we are not getting maximum potential out of our guys due to coaching

But hey, let's just compromise and start with firing AV first. if that works great. if not, then we can look to trading players

Here's where I disagree

On paper a 2nd line of Booth Kesler Kassian is better than Samuelsson, Kesler and Sundin

Sundin led by leadshership not play. His season was actually not very good.

Booth is better than Samuelsson and Kassian is actually better than he's playing right now.

Kassian seems to play his best when hes all hyped up and motivated. We need a coach that can find a way to motivate him so that he's playing up to his potential.

The one thing I did notice however is that there is no chemisty between Booth and Kesler as they are both shoot first guys.

Thats why I think Booth needs to be dropped down to 3rd line and have someone like Higgis on 2nd line. With Booth and Shroeder on 3rd line with someone like Hansen or Raymond, thats a VERY strong 3rd line.

I dont think we have ALL the pieces but we do have most of them. The problem is that they are being utilized poorly and we are not getting maximum potential out of our guys due to coaching

Thankfully its fairly easy to identify the people that haven't watched this team closely, otherwise they would witness how they've degraded over time. Injuries don't even seem to play a huge role here since in the case of Kesler, when he was in the lineup, we still didn't play any better.

I see a lot of hopeful thoughts on this board: "once Kesler and Booth are back from their injuries we will be unstoppable". this is the stuff that I was reading on here in weeks past.. its just a fallacy.

I mean I want the Canucks to be an elite team just as much as the next fan, but I can't willingly turn a blind eye when they are playing poorly.. I'd be more than happy for them to lollygag it through this short season and fire it up for the playoffs, but as mentioned by many perceptive fans, its not as simple as that, and the Canucks are on life support right now based on the pulse of their game.

I love how CDC is just this swirling vortex of craziness that sucks me in from time to time. Then I look at the standings and I laugh at you guys. 3rd in the conference, 6th in the league. Gold.

As for our play, I highly doubt AV is the issue. CDC blaming AV is always transparent. It means we see lots of little things go wrong and can't put our finger on what's missing, so we attribute everything to bad coaching. Personally I see our guys and they look TIRED. Always a half-step behind, chasing the puck, losing a disproportionate amount of puck battles, can't fight their way into the slot (or defend their own).

I tend to believe that when an organization as well run as the Canucks say that huge travel times and time zone changes are a real issue, maybe they're not total idiots. And in a shortened season, I get how that is emphasized. Quality of play is going to decline, but it has across the league. I freely admit that we're not playing great, yet the standings say "Well, pretty much no one else is either". Welcome to the frustration that is shortened season hockey everyone. I agree it sucks but let's keep some perspective.

I love how CDC is just this swirling vortex of craziness that sucks me in from time to time. Then I look at the standings and I laugh at you guys. 3rd in the conference, 6th in the league. Gold.

As for our play, I highly doubt AV is the issue. CDC blaming AV is always transparent. It means we see lots of little things go wrong and can't put our finger on what's missing, so we attribute everything to bad coaching. Personally I see our guys and they look TIRED. Always a half-step behind, chasing the puck, losing a disproportionate amount of puck battles, can't fight their way into the slot (or defend their own).

I tend to believe that when an organization as well run as the Canucks say that huge travel times and time zone changes are a real issue, maybe they're not total idiots. And in a shortened season, I get how that is emphasized. Quality of play is going to decline, but it has across the league. I freely admit that we're not playing great, yet the standings say "Well, pretty much no one else is either". Welcome to the frustration that is shortened season hockey everyone. I agree it sucks but let's keep some perspective.

This is unfortunately a myth from yester year......How much ass did Bieksa kick when Duncan Keith elbowed Daniel in the face?........NONE. Because he has been neutered by AV like the rest of the team has.

If Bieksa is the heart and soul of this team it explains the general apathy and lack of heart. When is his contract year again? Then we will see him try.

Good post.

Has anyone actually taken a peek at the Western Conf standings lately? The mighty juggernaut Detroit under their genius coach? The powerful St Louis Blues who almost beat Van for #1 last year under hard-a$$ Hitchcock, and who blew a huge lead in the 3rd the other night? Aside from Chicago and Anaheim, every team is having problems.

Also, I've watched a fair bit of hockey -- East and West -- this year. If you think the Canucks are sleepwalking through games, many other teams' players must be animatronic mummies.

Sorry - he wants to be number 1 then he needs to play like number 1.

I won't leave him alone as long as he is playing average - yes, so is the team. He doesn't get a free ride because some here on CDC coddle him.

No you make no sense. You act as if you knew Schneider was going to be good before he even came into the NHL! So I guess we gambled on keeping Schneider too because he never played a game before coming into the league. And let's be real, Schneider isn't proven yet because he hasn't played a full season. It is always a gamble with every player. What if Schneider is kept, but goes off the hill like a Steve Mason?

Lack is going through the development stages exactly the way Schneider went through, yet according to you, you knew Schneider would be good from draft day. Schneider was kept because of potential and still may be kept because of potential and that is exactly what Lack is.

Archived