The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks in on Iginla ?

I don't think it's much of the question that no one wants him here, of course he's a great player..but the probability of that happening is low albeit as a rental. I don't see the Flames trading their Captain to a div rival, We might be high on Iggy's list but prob low on Feaster's..plus what can we really offer?

He's a points racking, goal scoring, ass kicking phenomenon..............I would take him in a flash..........The Sedins would grow anther 6 inches..........and half of that would be in their pants. :)

No thanks... living in Calgary ive been watching him for a number of years now and he is not the player everyone thinks he is. He floats way too much, is a defensive liability and rarely do you see the 'power forward' in him. He is great at sitting in the slot and waiting for passes or playing the dump and chase game. For what it would cost to get him, id pass.....

Iginla is a great player but does anyone really believe he is the second coming? Is he singlehandedly going to take us to a cup final?

Whatever it will cost to get him means that we won't have anyone or anything else to try and shore up the rest of the team. Our cupboard is bare folks, and trying to sell the farm for one player who'll only be with us for the rest of our season is, IMHO, insane.

We don't have the prospects, we need our picks and I, for one, am not willing to give up Schneider (as some have proposed) for a ~25 maybe 35 game rental.

Iginla is a great player but does anyone really believe he is the second coming? Is he singlehandedly going to take us to a cup final?

Whatever it will cost to get him means that we won't have anyone or anything else to try and shore up the rest of the team. Our cupboard is bare folks, and trying to sell the farm for one player who'll only be with us for the rest of our season is, IMHO, insane.

We don't have the prospects, we need our picks and I, for one, am not willing to give up Schneider (as some have proposed) for a ~25 maybe 35 game rental.

If I were Iginla and wanted to play on a specific team at the deadline, this is how I would give my five teams. For arguments sake, let's say I wanted to play only for the Penguins.

Feaster, here's my list of 5 teams I'm willing to go to at the deadline:

- Pittsburgh

- Colorado

- Washington

- Florida

- Buffalo

Four of those teams would have no interest on a pending UFA, as they are out of the playoff race and are not looking to buy. Thus, forcing Feaster to deal exclusively with Pittsburgh.

If I were Iginla and wanted to play on a specific team at the deadline, this is how I would give my five teams. For arguments sake, let's say I wanted to play only for the Penguins.

- Pittsburgh

- Colorado

- Washington

- Florida

- Buffalo

Four of those teams would have no interest on a pending UFA, as they are out of the playoff race and are not looking to buy. Thus, forcing Feaster to deal exclusively with Pittsburgh.

- Pittsburgh

- Colorado

- Washington

- Florida

- Buffalo

Archived