The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Hansen become a 2nd line player?

Lychees

I like the comments how he's now turning into a sniper just because he scored a laser tonight.

What he is is a guy who can fill in any line and chip in in every aspect of the game. He doesn't have the talent to consistently produce good 2nd line numbers, but he's close enough and has enough hustle to be able to move up the line-up if need be.

He may have a few higher scoring years, but I think he's in his prime right now. Great rounded middle 6 player, who's really beginning to become Burrows 2.0 for us (just with more speed and less offensive IQ).

Can't not love the guy.

Hansen is essentially the equivalent of Burrows; a complete NHL forward. He is not a star player, but he is a top notch complementary

player. On our team the Sedins are the star forwards. Kesler, Burrows and Hansen are the top support players closely followed by

Raymond, Higgins and Lapierre. Kassian and Schroeder are rising stars.

If Gillis can get a significant return on Louongo we will have a pretty solid team. I am thinking that Washington is the team that needs

Louongo and has the assets to get him. Foresberg, a second and Johansen would be a fair trade that would benefit both teams.

Washinton gets the goaltender they need and make the playoffs and maybe go all the way.

We don't improve alot initially, but in the long run our prospects pool would be much improved plus Johansen could step in this year

and perhaps immediatly improve the team.

Holding on to Louongo hoping for more may be a waste of time and opportunity and for Washington continuing on with Ovie and Backstrom in their prime without trying to win a cup is a waste of time and opportuitity especially considering that they will have Kuznetsov and whomever they draft this year coming in.

I'd use him in the 2nd line for sure, at least until Jensen or Kassian's developed or if Booth gets back to his old form. Kassian should play on the 3rd while Hansen can set up Kes for shots, until Zack proves he can play on the Top 6. Jannik and Raymond should be able to fly together with Kes pretty effectively.

He's really heading in that path. Reminds me of Alex Burrows before he legitly become a 2nd line player to be honest they play similar. They Both Hustle, they both grind, love it.

Him playing in Finland is probably one of the best things he did in his hockey career, as he pretty much the goto guy for the team.

When Kesler comes back its going to be Raymond Kesler Hansen. I cannot see it any other way unless Gillis finds us another winger at trade deadline.

If you combine Raymond and Booth you get Hansen. That is two second liners adding up to another second liner in my opinion. He can play 3rd just as well. He understands his game and what he supposed to do on the ice no matter who he's paired with. I'd say the most Coach-able player we have right now.

Jannik "Raymooth" Hansen

I don't think he's a legit 2nd liner on a cup team but I've been very impressed by his play this year. Our teams most consistent player hands down. Ideally id like to see him, Mayray and Schroeder as a scoring 3rd line with Booth, Kes and an elite winger brought in as our 2nd. 4th line comes down to Kass, Sestito, Higgy, Lappy, Pinizotto with injuries and what not.

Lose Cory or Lu whoever works best for a deal and we're good to go.

Hansen is a complete player and interchangable in any spot on the roster. He really has no bad attributes and him being on any line makes it better. He is definitely a capable 2nd line player.

Easily the hardest working canuck. I remember posting before the lockout saying something along the lines of hansen would score 30 goals this year. Obviously not now with the shortened season but I think 15 isn't too far out of reach with the remaining 20 games and the way he's been playing.

I'll edit when I find the post on my computer later :P

Archived