The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] - Loui Eriksson available?

I agree that our defence would take a huge hit with Edler out of the lineup, and that would have ramifications with our offensive production as well (puck movement and shots from the back end). That being said, I think our defence would suffice with another addition from a goalie trade and with Tanev stepping into a bigger role. Tanev makes smart decisions with the puck and, for someone so young, is very good defensively. He just lacks Edler's size, physicality, and shot. Although if Tanev were to be paired with Garrison then they would each cover/mitigate each other's individual weaknesses and make a pretty good two-way pairing.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Ballard - _____

A similar situation to consider is with LA last season. They traded Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter and had Vyacheslav Voynov step up into a bigger role. I really think Tanev can flourish with more minutes, and the trade would pay huge dividends to our offense.

Would be a huge mistake for Dallas to let him go. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

But if he is available, MG should definitely push hard to get him. We could always trade a G for picks towards getting Eriksson. Won't happen though.

Booth Rodin Raymond? Raymond, Connauton, 1st? LOL

How about Edler, Jensen and a 1st to start and maybe Dallas get's interested. Loui Ericksson with the Sedins = 40 goals minimum. He's been a near PPG player in Dallas, in Vancouver with the Sedins and on the PP he easily has 100pt potential.

I'd still be comfortable going into next season with a Juice-Hammer-Garr-Tanev top 4. Perhaps get a veteran D and 3rd line C in a goalie trade:

Luongo + 2nd for Goc, Kuba and Bjugstad. If it's feasible perhaps the Canucks keep some of Luongo's salary cap hit.

Archived