The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Avelanch 1

Hyzer

Our lack of offensive depth is showing right now, we have 5 AHLers in our bottom-6 and they're doing next to nothing for us right now. Gordon, Ebbett, Pinizotto, Sestito and even Schroeder have been invisible for us lately. If that isn't a sign that MG needs to throw away some middle-picks for some 3rd and 4th liners I don't know what is. Those 5 guys don't belong on any NHL team let alone a contending one.

Great game by Schneider tonight but give AV and the boys credit for buying into his defensive system. He knows we're banged up and he's got the forwards and defence playing a solid defensive game by collapsing down quickly and not playing too wide-open. This is how you win in the playoffs, and shouldn't only be how you win when you've got lots of injuries. I hope the coaching staff recognize this because this 6 game winning streak is due to the way we're playing - DEFENCE FIRST, then opportunistic offence.

The Sedins put on a show tonight which isn't surprising. Burrows was great all night long and it makes sense to reunite our 3 best players. The stars carried the team tonight, especially Schneider who was brilliant. He's stolen us the last 6 games despite our team giving up plenty of great chances, and we need this Vezina-level of goaltending to roll into the playoffs. If he can pitch another couple of shutouts he may even get a Vezina nomination...

Our lack of offensive depth is showing right now, we have 5 AHLers in our bottom-6 and they're doing next to nothing for us right now. Gordon, Ebbett, Pinizotto, Sestito and even Schroeder have been invisible for us lately. If that isn't a sign that MG needs to throw away some middle-picks for some 3rd and 4th liners I don't know what is. Those 5 guys don't belong on any NHL team let alone a contending one.

Dedins yes 1 yes 2 yes 3 goals jeeper creepers what a schnider too the way he made puck say no is yes unreal hocky dina what a game that a canuck have won jee wizz yes this is a 6 game wins jobs swell done canuck

Great game by Schneider tonight but give AV and the boys credit for buying into his defensive system. He knows we're banged up and he's got the forwards and defence playing a solid defensive game by collapsing down quickly and not playing too wide-open. This is how you win in the playoffs, and shouldn't only be how you win when you've got lots of injuries. I hope the coaching staff recognize this because this 6 game winning streak is due to the way we're playing - DEFENCE FIRST, then opportunistic offence.

The Sedins put on a show tonight which isn't surprising. Burrows was great all night long and it makes sense to reunite our 3 best players. The stars carried the team tonight, especially Schneider who was brilliant. He's stolen us the last 6 games despite our team giving up plenty of great chances, and we need this Vezina-level of goaltending to roll into the playoffs. If he can pitch another couple of shutouts he may even get a Vezina nomination...

Archived