The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Derek Roy done talking with Stars, Canucks interested

Jagr68

I would rather take Jagr. Roy is "done" talking with the Stars for a reason, he wants too much money.

Jagr is almost playing at a point per game pace, adding him to the lineup gives us extra offence and the stanley cup experience we need. Plus MG could make a really nice pitch to re-sign him here based on how well we take care of our players.

People are talking about giving up raymond and a pick for a guy that has half as many goals as raymond ... but makes twice as much and is a 5 foot 9 center that hasn't been very good since 2009 :picard:... great plan. Surely our offence will explode.

He is exactly the type of player the Canucks need right now

- He is a beast in the playoffs right now.

- Is apparently the hardest player to play against as voted by the other coaches

- Played two seasons at a point/game

- Is a captain

- Has size and plays a strong game

- Was voted the third best play maker by coaches (I think that was the 2011-2012 season)

- Scores a lot of his goals from the dirty areas and sets up pretty goals

I'm really looking forward to seeing the kid play, seems real mature as a team mate and will get a ton of ice time from AV cause of his development (being that he says he worked out his defensive game before his offensive). And since he can play wing or center he is looking like he would be a great fit for playing alongside Kesler with Kassian.

People are talking about giving up raymond and a pick for a guy that has half as many goals as raymond ... but makes twice as much and is a 5 foot 9 center that hasn't been very good since 2009 :picard:... great plan. Surely our offence will explode.

Roy has 18 points... same as Raymond, Fact is we need a centre, he's a good 2nd/3rd line center so fits on our team, sure he has 4 goals but has 14 assists and I would rather have a playmakerish type on our team rather than another shoot every 2 seconds type guy like Kesler / Raymond

Gillis is gun shy.I can understand not wanting to a screw up, but no matter how many great trades you make you gonna get a stinker or two. Like Gretzky said, you don't score on 100% of the shots you don't take.Gillis needs to shoot more if he is gonna be successfull. Waiting around to see what happens, means that you are gonna miss out.

Archived