Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pavel meeting with the media today, possible jersey retirement?

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#61 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

No offense but Bure does not deserve to have his number retired, he only played just over 400 games for the Canucks. 7th in all time team scoring, give me a break.

For the Canucks to retire a 4th number would be a joke. Had he played longer here, maybe you could make the case yes, but thats not the case.

Rip me all you want, but thats my opinion. I dont care how much skill he had, simply he hasnt done enough to deserve it.

considering the team retired Nassucks jersey, Bure obviously deserves it.

The fact this organization practically tripped over themselves to get the door for Nassuck to come back was a disgrace to jersey retirements everywhere. Bure did more in his 400 games than he did in how ever many he actually showed up for. Got us to the SCF where as Nassuck couldnt get us past round 2.

The faster this team retires Bures #, the faster everyone can quit looking up in the rafters & realizing the massive mistake they made putting Nassuck up there before him.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#62 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I recall exactly 10 years ago, I was arguing with a bunch nay sayers of why Pavel is not the greatest Canuck and should never even be mentioned in the same tone Of Trevor Linden. I can probably even find the threads. Anyways I'm glad Canucks fans have changed their mind to this extent and realized what a great player he is. The management screwed him multiple times. I'm ok with not having a retirement Jersey dones this year, due to scheduling, but it needs to be done. The fans want it done, just get er done, Aqua man.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#63 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

The majority of fans have stood behind Pavel ,wanting to bring back and forever honor a Canuck superstar.
Quinn and Larionov stood up for and opened the door for his HHOF ticket and now Gillis and Francesco are instrumental in bringing him home here to be celebrated in the manner in which he is entitled.
Bravo to all these Canucks for their efforts.
Pavel is the most explosive offensive player we were ever blessed to watch play in Vancouver.
You have been gone way too long but welcome back,Pavel.We have been waiting for you.

Edited by nuck nit, 05 April 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#64 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Don't think he played enough games here deserve the teams highest honor. RoH at best.
Posted Image

#65 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Never mind just the Canucks, the guy belongs in the conversation with the best players in the history of the game. I was touched watching the standing O to him last night.

It's been a long time coming and he deserves all the hounouring we can muster for being one of the most electrifying players to ever lace up.

Edited by J.R., 05 April 2013 - 09:10 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

A Ring of Honor offer would look so bad.
I keep repeating Pavel was the special one and the history with past ownership was strained,to say the least.
Pavel statue at the entrance of corporate arena with number facing Griffiths Way.

ring of honour?

they guy is the only player in canuck history in the hall of fame

he gave every ounce of his game, heart, desire to vancouver

he lifted people out of their seats when he touched the puck

the guy's jersey should and will be retired not just the ring of honour

#67 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

We should do a peptition to the Aquillini to get his jersey into the rafters if nothing is announced during the summer.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#68 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Don't think he played enough games here deserve the teams highest honor. RoH at best.

umm he played exactly 61% of his regular season NHL games in a Canuck uniform.

he is a canuck before anything else sir

#69 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

No offense but Bure does not deserve to have his number retired, he only played just over 400 games for the Canucks. 7th in all time team scoring, give me a break.

For the Canucks to retire a 4th number would be a joke. Had he played longer here, maybe you could make the case yes, but thats not the case.

Rip me all you want, but thats my opinion. I dont care how much skill he had, simply he hasnt done enough to deserve it.

Bure accomplished far more than Markus Naslund did (not trying to trash Naslund). Anybody who thinks of the name Pavel Bure will associate him with the Vancouver Canucks. Not the Panthers. Not the Rangers. He is a Canuck, he is the most electrifying player in Canucks history and possibly the NHL. If you think he simply "hasn't done enough to deserve it", you must not have paid any attention to the Canucks during his era.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#70 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

Baggins and I had an immense debate about whether or not Pavel's jersey deserved retiring. In my view, when Naslund had his jersey retired, that opened up the door for Bure.

While Naslund accomplished a lot in regular seasons, Bure accomplished more in the playoffs. While Naslund owns important team records, so does Bure. Bure in fact owns more team records. And he is in the hof. That might not be a factor to some people, but it is. Sure, he didn't spend a tremendous amount of time here, but in that shorter time he accomplished quite a lot.

The way he left is a concern to some. That wasn't his fault. Epic posts about that. There was rumours about him. All bs. There was mismanagement. There was the money. He left for that reason as well. And can you blame him? He was a superstar. One of the league's best. And the Canucks at the time were one of the poorer franchises in the league. (Bure was paid 19mil by the Canucks and 47mil by the Rangers and Panthers during his shortened career.)

I certainly hope we're burying the hatchet and retiring his jersey. If he doesn't have his jersey retired, so be it. But his alongside Smyl, Naslund and Linden? That doesn't look out of place at all and everyone knows it.

I still have the same opinion. He didn't simply play enough games here to deserve the teams highest honor. HHoF is irrelevant as it pertains to a players entire career while a number retirement pertains to the franchise alone.

Btw, how is the way he left NOT his fault? He sat out and demanded a trade. And I don't buy his mistreatment as an excuse as they were all gone and his fav (Keenan) was running the show when he sat out. How does that make any sense as an excuse? But I see this as irrelevant to retiring his number anyway. It doesn't matter how or why he left as it still come down to not enough games played to really deserve it.
Posted Image

#71 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,186 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

I know you do. I'm done trying to convince you otherwise. We'll have to let events unfold now. Cheers.
Posted Image

#72 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

umm he played exactly 61% of his regular season NHL games in a Canuck uniform.

he is a canuck before anything else sir

Straws....clutching.

Don't care what the percentage is. Steve Karya played 100% of his NHL games in a Canuck uniform. Should we retire his number? That's the dumbest reason I've seen yet. It's the actual number of games played that isn't enough. You certainly can't change that number with stupidity.
Posted Image

#73 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

ring of honour?
hey guy is the only player in canuck history in the hall of fame

That is what I said,so ,yes.

#74 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

He didn't play enough games is the best argume... ?

...Nevermind, not even worth it.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Straws....clutching.

Don't care what the percentage is. Steve Karya played 100% of his NHL games in a Canuck uniform. Should we retire his number? That's the dumbest reason I've seen yet. It's the actual number of games played that isn't enough. You certainly can't change that number with stupidity.

That is not his point. Either you are dense or you are purposely ignoring/distorting his argument.

The argument is that if Pavel Bure is good enough to be elected to the HOF and if Pavel Bure played the majority of his games with the Vancouver Canucks, should Bure be good enough to have his jersey retired by the Vancouver Canucks? He did play well in Florida, but arguably the main reason he was elected to the HOF was because of his play in Vancouver. Why shouldn't the Vancouver Canucks recognize this?

Did you not watch him in the early to mid 90s? I don't see how his play doesn't merit his jersey retirement. Shouldn't it be quality over quantity? Naslund only played 884 games in a Canucks uniform, certainly more than Bure, but it took Naslund five seasons and 326 games before he started scoring at a PPG pace. He was a -25 in that time.

Bure deserves it. He took the years he was given and dominated the crap out of them.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#76 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

You wouldnt say this if u actually watched him play. The most exciting canuck to ever play and arguably the most exciting and pure offensive player in NHL history.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#77 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

ring of honour?

they guy is the only player in canuck history in the hall of fame

There is no doubt about that. Pavel was exceptional. He did bring people out of their seats, even last night. When he was on the ice he gave it his all unlike a lot of players these days. Aquillini, good for you, at least you saw the need to retire his jersey.

#78 d.joh91

d.joh91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

considering the team retired Nassucks jersey, Bure obviously deserves it.

The fact this organization practically tripped over themselves to get the door for Nassuck to come back was a disgrace to jersey retirements everywhere. Bure did more in his 400 games than he did in how ever many he actually showed up for. Got us to the SCF where as Nassuck couldnt get us past round 2.

The faster this team retires Bures #, the faster everyone can quit looking up in the rafters & realizing the massive mistake they made putting Nassuck up there before him.

"Nassuck?"

You need to be a leader on the ice, as well as off the ice in order to get your jersey retired. Up until now, Bure was not involved in the community like Smyl, Linden, and Näslund were. Bure lived a very private life during his tenure in Vancouver. Näslund may have not been as electrifying of a player like Bure was, but he certainly meant a lot more to the team.

While we're on the topic of the SCF, if that's the standard of whether you get your jersey retired in Vancouver, we might as well retire the entire rosters '82, '94, and '11 teams.

But now that Bure is active in the Canucks community, I will agree with you however that we should finally retire his #10.

Oh, and by the way, in terms of the team records, Näslund surpasses Bure in points, goals (all-time leader), assists, games played, hat-tricks, game winning goals, power-play goals (all-time leader), over-time goals. Bure only surpasses Näslund in short-handed goals (all-time leader).

Edited by d.joh91, 05 April 2013 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Markus Näslund

Forever a Canuck

#79 gaydar

gaydar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Straws....clutching.

And your counter-argument involving Steve Kariya isn't clutching? Come on Baggins.

#80 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Straws....clutching.

You're in the minority here bud. Time to face the facts. His number will be retired.

You can keep whining about it. Or show some respect to a Canuck legend.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#81 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

You're in the minority here bud. Time to face the facts. His number will be retired.

You can keep whining about it. Or show some respect to a Canuck legend.

From what I see, he isn't whining about it, he's just explaining why he doesn't agree with the decision. I see no whining.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#82 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

From what I see, he isn't whining about it, he's just explaining why he doesn't agree with the decision. I see no whining.

Well if he keeps complaining about it after the decision has pretty much been made, I consider that whining.

It's done. It's pretty obvious his number is going up. So what good does it do to give all the reasons it shouldn't be up there? This thread should be about appreciating one of the greatest players in Canucks history.

Edited by DeNiro, 05 April 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Posted Image

#83 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Who here watched hockey in the 80's? Tony Tanti scored about the same number of goals as Bure so shouldn't his number be retired then?

#84 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

PAVEL BURE AND PAT QUINN TURNED THE CANUCKS INTO A TEAM WORTH WATCHING

Cam Charron
November 13 2012 11:00AM

Posted Image

If you're a longtime Vancouver Canucks fan born from the mid-1980s on, you came onto the team in one of two distinct eras. The most recent is the West Coast Express era, one that ended a trend of sagging attendance and teams at General Motors Place. The West Coast Express era was known for Markus Naslund's near-miss as the league's top scorer, for Heavy Eric's ode to Todd Bertuzzi, and for regular callers on Vancouver sports radio decrying the Sedin twins as not providing ample secondary scoring.

The first is the Pavel Bure era. I have a few cognitive memories from the 1992-1993 season, but unlike the time between 2007-2010, the gaps in the era aren't due to excessive alcohol consumption through undergrad, but rather because I was too friggin' young to know anybody on the team.

Patrick wrote about the importance of Pavel Bure last night:

The Russian Rocket pulled hockey in Vancouver into a nearly-perpetual offensive age. There had been talented players here before - Andre Boudrias, Thomas Gradin, Patrik Sundstrom, Petri Skriko, Tony Tanti - but none had ever ushered in a mindset. Bure did that. Canucks fans came to expect goals and exciting team play.

Years later, it was a mentality that Brian Burke highlighted: he made it clear that Vancouver fans were owed entertaining hockey; that it would be easy to turn into the New Jersey of the west, but ethically he would never allowed that to happen. That was a legacy of Bure.

The Canucks would forever be a team that scored goals.

Bure did transform hockey in Vancouver, somehow. To those fans who weren't born in the late-1980s, I pity you, because from the time I was born right up until the second riot and a full-on Centre Ice package soured my unquestioning devotion to my hometown team, they were actually kind of good.

In fact, before Bure showed up, the Canucks had a single season, 1991-92, better than the league average in goal-scoring over a season. Bure arrived in 1992 and since then, the Canucks have only been below league average in scoring three times: 1998-99, 2006-07 and 2007-08.

I graphed it out, in relation to the average as a rate. The NHL as a whole had a 1.00 rate each season, and the Canucks were either above or below that, obviously:

Posted Image

That said, the Canucks were also aided in the 1990s and 2000s by the fact that Wayne Gretzky and Phil Esposito were no longer in the league scoring goals every imaginable way, but it's fun that in the 1990s, the Canucks had one of those guys. 1993 was a fairly high-scoring year in hockey, with teams generating 3.63 goals per game, remaining the highest since the Edmonton Oilers' last Cup victory. The Canucks scored a franchise best 4.12 goals every game, and had one of the five players to have a 60-goal season that year.

Bure would be the only guy to repeat those goal totals in 1993-94.

But there's also no causation between Bure's success and the success that the Canucks saw this past decade offensively. I think it's fairly noble to assume that, given a taste of greatness, fans wouldn't put up with an inferior product, but there was a dead era between the Bure trade and perhaps the trade that brought Trevor Linden back to Vancouver where there was waning interest and empty seats.

He was the first of many, many offensive stars that the Canucks have seen since. Newer fans recognize the West Coast Express, even newer fans recognize the Sedins. Nobody's first Canuck jersey had Mark Messier's name and number stitched on the back:

Canucks % NHL GF/G Canucks GF/G Pre Bure 0.91 3.57 3.26 Post Bure 1.05 2.93 3.08 Pre Quinn 0.91 3.57 3.25 Post Quinn 1.06 2.91 3.08

The other thing I wanted to do was to stack Bure's career against a host of other legendary Canucks. This takes on a bit of a "team stat" approach, but there are few good methods for comparing players cross-era when the information is sparse:

Canucks % NHL GF/G Canucks GF/G Henrik Sedin 1.08 2.79 3.01 Pavel Bure 1.06 3.16 3.36 Markus Naslund 1.04 2.79 2.91 Trevor Linden 1.01 3.13 3.17 Thomas Gradin 0.92 3.80 3.49 Don Lever 0.91 3.37 3.06 Stan Smyl 0.90 3.75 3.39

Not surprisingly, the team has been at its best under the watchful eye of Henrik Sedin. The Canuck years between 2001 and present day are plentiful in both goals and wins (if you've read the Song of Ice and Fire books, calling modern-day fans 'green men' is quite an appropriate term). But it does seem that, since Bure, the torch has been passed off, as Patrick put it, to Naslund and to Henrik Sedin, who have kept the Canucks above water offensively.

The point being that, at some moment in time, this team became pretty good and a lot of that seems to coincide with Bure and Quinn's arrival in Vancouver. Retire Bure's number? Heck yes, and while you're at it, pull down Orland Kurtenbach's nostalgic display and celebrate an original Canuck and former coach who actually saw a modicum of success at the helm.

#85 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Who here watched hockey in the 80's? Tony Tanti scored about the same number of goals as Bure so shouldn't his number be retired then?

287 is about the same number as 437? <_<

Did he have back to back 60 goal, 100+ point seasons? Or lead the Canucks in points on a run to game 7 of the finals?

Bure is in the Hall of Fame. You don't get in the hall of fame unless you were one of the greatest players in the history of the NHL.

I don't see how any intelligent person could argue against not retiring our only Hall of Fame player. Hell, even the Panthers retired his number. It's embarassing the Canucks didn't do it sooner.

Posted Image

#86 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

That is not his point. Either you are dense or you are purposely ignoring/distorting his argument.

The argument is that if Pavel Bure is good enough to be elected to the HOF and if Pavel Bure played the majority of his games with the Vancouver Canucks, should Bure be good enough to have his jersey retired by the Vancouver Canucks? He did play well in Florida, but arguably the main reason he was elected to the HOF was because of his play in Vancouver. Why shouldn't the Vancouver Canucks recognize this?

Did you not watch him in the early to mid 90s? I don't see how his play doesn't merit his jersey retirement. Shouldn't it be quality over quantity? Naslund only played 884 games in a Canucks uniform, certainly more than Bure, but it took Naslund five seasons and 326 games before he started scoring at a PPG pace. He was a -25 in that time.

Bure deserves it. He took the years he was given and dominated the crap out of them.

He was elected to the HHoF because of his career as a whole. Number retirement is about a players relationship/accomplishments with a franchise. Two distinctly different honors. One doesn't automatically qualify the other.

I've been following the NHL since the 60's. So I wasn't watching Bure play through the eyes of a star struck child. Being a good player, or being exciting, isn't enough of a reason for a team to give it's highest honor. He just doesn't have the accomplishments as a Canuck to make up for the lack of games played here.
Posted Image

#87 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Well if he keeps complaining about it after the decision has pretty much been made, I consider that whining.

It's done. It's pretty obvious his number is going up. So what good does it do to give all the reasons it shouldn't be up there? This thread should be about appreciating one of the greatest players in Canucks history.

Did I miss the announcement? Or are you making an assumption?

I can only assume that you consider any opinion that differs from yours to be whining. Or is it that you have no valid argument to my points? You see I'm not whining at all. I'm simply giving my opinion on a situation. If you don't like my opinions you are certainly free to put me on ignore rather than getting butthurt over them. Better that than a silly picture saying, "go back to the shire". Quite the argument you made with that one.
Posted Image

#88 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

I don't see how any intelligent person could argue against not retiring our only Hall of Fame player. Hell, even the Panthers retired his number. It's embarassing the Canucks didn't do it sooner.

Other former Canucks in the HHoF:
Messier
Neeley
Larionov

Florida has never retired a players number.

Do try to get something right.

Edited by Baggins, 05 April 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#89 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Number retirement is about a players relationship/accomplishments with a franchise.

It's all about the relationship with the fans. That's who jersey retirements are for.

You're telling me that there isn't a deep connection with Canucks fans and Bure? All you have to do is go to a Canucks game and see all the Bure jersey's and t-shirts that are still being worn to see that.

A jersey retirement is about the fans and them wanting to pay tribute to their idols. It has nothing to do with management, ownership, or even what other teams have done.

You can't deny that fans of this city still love Bure to this day. And if the fans want his jersey retired, that's all that should matter. Who cares if his career totals or games played don't match up to other teams greats? It's what he did here for this franchise that matters, and that's still visible to this day.

Posted Image

#90 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Trolling on Bure is a douche move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.