427 replies to this topic

#211 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,968 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

If Schneider doesn't win the cup we already know where the negativity will come from and how it will be fabricated. A few of the Lu only fans have been trying to force us to turn on Cory all season. It didn't work but it was amusing to watch the hypocrisy.

For most fans, one season will not make or break Schneider. Just like Lu wasn't soured on after he just got here. Not sure if you guys got to the party late, but Luongo was a well loved goalie in this town for many many years. Schneider won't be turned on so fast no matter how much you want it to happen.

The big difference that I see from most of those that want Schneider to start is because they feel he gives us the best chance to win. I personally would have had no problem if Lu suddenly returned to 2007 form and make me wrong. I don't want Cory in for some obscure wanna win on the net reason.

Yeah, nice fans. I'm a Canucks fan but I'm going hate on them because my Luongo is going to get traded.

Oh trust me dude this city will. I would never have thought the fans would turn on Luongo but they have. And you better get ready because if/when Lu goes, and Cory is kept over him, if he does not produce, he will be turned on so fast and on the team. Fans will be looking back on this move if it we still don't win the cup.

Schneider is going to be under more pressure and bigger microscope than Luongo because he is the guy that will be taking over. Remember Luongo is not retiring, he is only 34, he is going to go to another team and will give them solid goal tending and depending on the team he will give them a chance in the playoffs.

So lets see if we keep the right goalie.

Possibly but it's cheap as a supposed Canucks fan to keep insisting this will happen. This saga has been well documented. To think that people wouldn't respond better is just pessimistic in a desperate attempt to re-glorify Luongo.

Edited by Dogbyte, 25 April 2013 - 02:16 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#212 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

You know I really tired of this excuse; the offence wasn’t there, blah blah blah.

What is a goalies job? Stop the pucks, keep your team in the game long enough to give them a chance to win. Luongo failed at this in games 3,4,6,7 in the biggest series of his life. You can argue all you want that the team didn’t score but IF you’ve ever played the sport you realize that climbing a hill of 0-0 is much easier to climb then 4-0, especially when the other team’s goalie is playing good. Momentum is so key in hockey, and when a team scores 3 goals on the first 10 shots you lose all motivation, everything you worked hard to earn is gone. In a zero, zero game anything can happen a lucky bounce here or there and your team wins. Luongo didn’t do his job. Look back at the last 3 games in last year’s series, Quick didn’t win the games, he kept his team in the game though, long enough to get the lucky bounce.

Canucks got outscored 20-7 or whatever in the finals, so what, even if we score 10 more goals in the series we still would have lost, why because are star player came completely unravelled in 4 of the most important games. If we lost every game 1-0 then have at it, offence didn’t show up, but when we get blown out every game it’s a different story.

Luongo played light out in games 1,2 & 5. He needed to do the same for one more game in that series. Blame the other players all you want but, who was the team super star? Who was getting paid 10 million to be this superstar? Who was the one player that this team should expect to play big, night in and night out, especially in the biggest games. Well he only did that for 3/7 games in the finals. He played good less than 50% of the games. He put the pressure on himself by signing a huge contract, unfortunately he didn’t live up to when all eyes were on him.

How delusional do you have to get? For the last time, I'll repeat what I said: it's a TEAM game. The whole team stank is what I'm saying. Blame the team, not just Luongo. I didn't say Luongo wasn't a part of the team, just that he doesn't deserve to be a scapegoat. You're just trying to find excuses to torch one guy over a team game. In those 4 games where we got blown out, not all of them were a direct result of Luongo's goaltending. It has as much to do with the defense in front of it, at least.

And while I said he's a really good goalie, I never claimed that he was worth his contract. That said, he definitely contributes to our team in a positive way. Oh, and the cap hit is actually 5.33 mill, I don't get why ppl keep bringing up the 10 mill salary. That's for the AQUILINIS to worry about folks, the only thing concerning us is the CAP HIT. Got it? Sheesh.

Edited by Bieksa's Quote, 25 April 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#213 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

How delusional do you have to get? For the last time, I'll repeat what I said: it's a TEAM game. The whole team stank is what I'm saying. Blame the team, not just Luongo. I didn't say Luongo wasn't a part of the team, just that he doesn't deserve to be a scapegoat. You're just trying to find excuses to torch one guy over a team game. In those 4 games where we got blown out, not all of them were a direct result of Luongo's goaltending. It has as much to do with the defense in front of it, at least.

And while I said he's a really good goalie, I never claimed that he was worth his contract. That said, he definitely contributes to our team in a positive way. Oh, and the cap hit is actually 5.33 mill, I don't get why ppl keep bringing up the 10 mill salary. That's for the AQUILINIS to worry about folks, the only thing concerning us is the CAP HIT. Got it? Sheesh.

The cap hit has nothing to do with how people, fans of vancouver and fans of other teams view Luongo. When your highest paid player in the league you are expected to play like the highest paid player. Cap hit or not. Which luongo didn't, he cost the team 4 of 7 games. His pay check put a target on his back. When Ovechkin was only putting up 65 points in a year, people were all over him. Cap value means nothing to amount pressure. If you haven't notice his pay checks get significantly smaller at the end. Why is that? Why didn't they only start at 7 and get lower to 3. oh that right because value isn't worth that much. Why does Schneider Pay check rise. Oh yes because he's expected to get better. "But, but... his cap hit is only 5.3" Are you telling me Luongo is expected to play at the same level in 6 years as he did in his prime just because his cap hit is the same? haha. I laugh at that notion. Use your head.

#214 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

The cap hit has nothing to do with how people, fans of vancouver and fans of other teams view Luongo. When your highest paid player in the league you are expected to play like the highest paid player. Cap hit or not. Which luongo didn't, he cost the team 4 of 7 games. His pay check put a target on his back. When Ovechkin was only putting up 65 points in a year, people were all over him. Cap value means nothing to amount pressure. If you haven't notice his pay checks get significantly smaller at the end. Why is that? Why didn't they only start at 7 and get lower to 3. oh that right because value isn't worth that much. Why does Schneider Pay check rise. Oh yes because he's expected to get better. "But, but... his cap hit is only 5.3" Are you telling me Luongo is expected to play at the same level in 6 years as he did in his prime just because his cap hit is the same? haha. I laugh at that notion. Use your head.

He isn't the highest paid player in the league...
He cost us 4 games? How many goals did we score in those 4 games? He got two shutouts...
Who has done more over the past few years the under achieving ovy or the always injured Sidney?

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#215 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

He cost us 4 games? How many goals did we score in those 4 games? He got two shutouts...

Much easier to play excellent D when you have a huge lead. Also much harder to produce effective offence and take risks when your goalie is getting ventilated.

Edited by AV's Replacement, 25 April 2013 - 04:56 PM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#216 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

POPULAR

The cap hit has nothing to do with how people, fans of vancouver and fans of other teams view Luongo. When your highest paid player in the league you are expected to play like the highest paid player. Cap hit or not. Which luongo didn't, he cost the team 4 of 7 games.

Sedins make more than Luongo.
Kesler makes 300,000 dollars less than Luongo,as does Edler.
Bieksa,Garrison and Hamhuis all make over $4.5m .Ballard makes $4.2 and Booth makes $4.25 million.
Blaming Luongo for a contract Gillis signed and saddled the team with is 100% Gillis' gig and "FAULT".

Rome-suspended -longest suspension in NHL playoff history for an open ice check.
Bieksa slashed with a two hander by Boychuk on the knee and played with pre-game injections.MCL damaged.No call.
Ehrhoff was injured in the San Jose series and was playing on pre-game injections.
Hamhuis was out of the finals with his hip injury.
Edler played with back problems and played the last 2,almost 3 games with two broken fingers on one hand from Peverly's slash.No call.
Salo-groin tear.
Alberts-undisclosed but playing injured.
That was just the Canucks defence.The Canucks and Luongo played with all of his top d men out or seriously injured.

Raymond-can opened and broke his back(surgery and life threatening injury). No call.
Kesler -groin tear and hip problems(both required surgery).
Higgins-broken foot.
Henrik Sedin-back problems from being continuously cross checked below the padding.
Samuelsson out since round 2.

The Bruins made the NHL look like a "garbage league" (as Mario Lenieux rightly pointed out all those years ago) and I have no idea how Luo and the Canucks got to a game 7 with what they were facing.Officiating completely sucked against violent opponents that were not penalised for their actions.

There is no way Luo or any Canuck should ever,ever be blamed for the game 7 loss.It is a miracle they made it there in the first place.Anybody blaming Luo or any Canuck for the finals loss sucks the big one-big time.

#217 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

No, use YOUR head. I never implied his contract was good, just that the "10 million dollar salary" argument is completely asinine and that Luongo's detractors shouldn't bring up the salary. I never said you can't criticize the 5.3 mill hit, but that's a different story.

Here's the most frustrating thing about some of the arguments being raised by a lot of Luongo bashers when I show them how far off base they are: they put words in my mouth. That's exactly what you did right there, and it pisses me off to no end .. so please, consider these two options carefully: make a legitimate argument, or shut up. Either approach is preferable to the nonsensical bs a lot of the haters on here are spewing. It really is sad how some people can't figure out that if they're incapable of stating something remotely intelligible, it's better to simply avoid saying jack sh!t.

To clarify my argument in a nutshell: I'm not defending Luongo to the point of suggesting that he's a god living up to his contract, I'm merely saying that he deserves more respect than the crap he's been getting.

Now, I don't mind if you disagree .... but don't think you can get away with making fallacious arguments.

Edited by Bieksa's Quote, 25 April 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#218 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Sedins make more than Luongo.
Kesler makes 300,000 dollars less than Luongo,as does Edler.
Bieksa,Garrison and Hamhuis all make over $4.5m .Ballard makes $4.2 and Booth makes $4.25 million.
Blaming Luongo for a contract Gillis signed and saddled the team with is 100% Gillis' gig and "FAULT".

Rome-suspended -longest suspension in NHL playoff history for an open ice check.
Bieksa slashed with a two hander by Boychuk on the knee and played with pre-game injections.MCL damaged.No call.
Ehrhoff was injured in the San Jose series and was playing on pre-game injections.
Hamhuis was out of the finals with his hip injury.
Edler played with back problems and played the last 2,almost 3 games with two broken fingers on one hand from Peverly's slash.No call.
Salo-groin tear.
Alberts-undisclosed but playing injured.
That was just the Canucks defence.The Canucks and Luongo played with all of his top d men out or seriously injured.

Raymond-can opened and broke his back(surgery and life threatening injury). No call.
Kesler -groin tear and hip problems(both required surgery).
Higgins-broken foot.
Henrik Sedin-back problems from being continuously cross checked below the padding.
Samuelsson out since round 2.

The Bruins made the NHL look like a "garbage league" (as Mario Lenieux rightly pointed out all those years ago) and I have no idea how Luo and the Canucks got to a game 7 with what they were facing.Officiating completely sucked against violent opponents that were not penalised for their actions.

There is no way Luo or any Canuck should ever,ever be blamed for the game 7 loss.It is a miracle they made it there in the first place.Anybody blaming Luo or any Canuck for the finals loss sucks the big one-big time.

That explains why the rest of the team played poorly. What's Luongo's excuse for the soft goals he let in?

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#219 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

You know I really tired of this excuse; the offence wasn’t there, blah blah blah.

What is a goalies job? Stop the pucks, keep your team in the game long enough to give them a chance to win. Luongo failed at this in games 3,4,6,7 in the biggest series of his life. You can argue all you want that the team didn’t score but IF you’ve ever played the sport you realize that climbing a hill of 0-0 is much easier to climb then 4-0, especially when the other team’s goalie is playing good. Momentum is so key in hockey, and when a team scores 3 goals on the first 10 shots you lose all motivation, everything you worked hard to earn is gone. In a zero, zero game anything can happen a lucky bounce here or there and your team wins. Luongo didn’t do his job. Look back at the last 3 games in last year’s series, Quick didn’t win the games, he kept his team in the game though, long enough to get the lucky bounce.

Canucks got outscored 20-7 or whatever in the finals, so what, even if we score 10 more goals in the series we still would have lost, why because are star player came completely unravelled in 4 of the most important games. If we lost every game 1-0 then have at it, offence didn’t show up, but when we get blown out every game it’s a different story.

Luongo played light out in games 1,2 & 5. He needed to do the same for one more game in that series. Blame the other players all you want but, who was the team super star? Who was getting paid 10 million to be this superstar? Who was the one player that this team should expect to play big, night in and night out, especially in the biggest games. Well he only did that for 3/7 games in the finals. He played good less than 50% of the games. He put the pressure on himself by signing a huge contract, unfortunately he didn’t live up to when all eyes were on him.

- Did you ever be the man between the pipes? Of course our job is to keep our team in the game BUT when you know your team isn't able to score goal you let one quick goal, a bad one or a perfect play by the opponent I don't mind, you know your chance to win are close to none because tie game in playoffs don't exist. So you're putting more pressure on yourself, having pressure it's alright but too much, specially for a goalie isn't a good thing. Beeing a keeper is like walking on a tightrope, too aggresive you let a goal in too relax you let a goal in.

- If we scored 10 more goals in that serie, there is an high chance we could have won a game 4 - 3 instead of losing it 3 - 2. What more do you need to accept the fact our offence didn't show up, we scored 8 goals in 7 games so to get a win our goalie need to get a shoutout every night...

- Where was our 2 Art Ross Trophy winner? Where was Kesler's scoring touch?(+40 goals that season) Where was the goals that usually came from Ehrhoff and Salo?

- Players never asked for 10 years contract, the GM came with those kind of offer to have cap hit as low as possible, would Luongo at that time could agree with a 6.5m$/year for let say 6 years, pretty sure he would have accept that, he received 6,7m$ this year(if it wasn't of the lockout) you have to keep in mind the last 3 or 4 years of his contract aren't expensive.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#220 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

actually if we had scored 10 more goals we probably would have won one of those 4 games we lost, we lost game 4 4-0, we score 5 goals in that game we win, we lost game 6 5-2, we score 4 more goals in that game we win. so there's 9 more goals in the series and we win 2 of the games we lost

Luongo did play lights out in games 1,2 and 5. He was the biggest reason we won those 3 games, he bailed the team out. So it's on him to stand on his head for us to win all our games? You say Luongo needed to step up, he did step up in 3 of the games. Nobody on our team stepped up and had a good game offensively in any of the 7 games, Luongo bailed the team out in 3 of them, a few of our skaters couldn't have stepped up offensively and bailed him out on one of the games we lost? Blaming Luongo 100% for us losing the series against Boston is just beyong idiotic sorry, does he deserve some of the blame? of course, but there's plenty to go around.

I will not be critizing Schneider if we lose with him playing well or if we lose with our team barely managing to score 1 goal a game, but if he gets torched? He's going to get it just as bad as Luongo did. And if you start making excuses for him when he "chokes" the same way Luongo did then how are you any different than these "Lu lovers" who "make excuses" for Luongo?

#221 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

He isn't the highest paid player in the league...
Who has done more over the past few years the under achieving ovy or the always injured Sidney?

That's an easy question. Answer: Ovechkin and Crosby.

These guys have how much NHL hardware between them? That's right, twice as much as Luongo could ever hope of even coming close to. Not to mention Sid's cup ring from 4 years ago.

Edited by Riviera82, 25 April 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#222 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

actually if we had scored 10 more goals we probably would have won one of those 4 games we lost, we lost game 4 4-0, we score 5 goals in that game we win, we lost game 6 5-2, we score 4 more goals in that game we win. so there's 9 more goals in the series and we win 2 of the games we lost

Luongo did play lights out in games 1,2 and 5. He was the biggest reason we won those 3 games, he bailed the team out. So it's on him to stand on his head for us to win all our games? You say Luongo needed to step up, he did step up in 3 of the games. Nobody on our team stepped up and had a good game offensively in any of the 7 games, Luongo bailed the team out in 3 of them, a few of our skaters couldn't have stepped up offensively and bailed him out on one of the games we lost? Blaming Luongo 100% for us losing the series against Boston is just beyong idiotic sorry, does he deserve some of the blame? of course, but there's plenty to go around.

I will not be critizing Schneider if we lose with him playing well or if we lose with our team barely managing to score 1 goal a game, but if he gets torched? He's going to get it just as bad as Luongo did. And if you start making excuses for him when he "chokes" the same way Luongo did then how are you any different than these "Lu lovers" who "make excuses" for Luongo?

This ^^

Totally agree, don't know why people blame Luo for the finals... And watch, when/if we trade Lou and Lack comes up, Schneids plays bad in the playoffs, I can GUARANTEE same scenario. Just makes me laugh at how the goalie gets blamed for so much lol. And even if the goalie does let in a couple goals, not an excuse for the offense to not score.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#223 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

These guys have how much NHL hardware between them? That's right, twice as much as Luongo could ever hope of even coming close to. Not to mention Sid's cup ring from 4 years ago.

I think he meant Crosby OR Ovechkin.
I'm pretty sure Luo wasn't mentioned in that question ..

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#224 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Them scoring as many goals in games 3 and 4 and we did in the entire 7 game series probably helped with that.

Fleury wasn't that stellar in the finals think his GAA was around 2.50 or so. difference was his team could score goals. Unlike us

Edited by Primus099, 25 April 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#225 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Read the post I replied too... he brought up Crosby n Ovy ... he was talking about both of them and values.

Crosby is better but ovy has done more for his team only because he wasn't nearly as injured.

Why u gotta always attack me Riviera?! ;(

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#226 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

This ^^

Totally agree, don't know why people blame Luo for the finals... And watch, when/if we trade Lou and Lack comes up, Schneids plays bad in the playoffs, I can GUARANTEE same scenario. Just makes me laugh at how the goalie gets blamed for so much lol. And even if the goalie does let in a couple goals, not an excuse for the offense to not score.

If Schneids starts plaing as bad in the playoffs as Luongo, he absolutely should go too. Consistently melting down in the playoffs is completely unacceptable.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#227 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

If Schneids starts plaing as bad in the playoffs as Luongo, he absolutely should go too. Consistently melting down in the playoffs is completely unacceptable.

Being born a perfect human being,such as yourself,is the obvious answer.

#228 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

no one should blame Lu for the finals. but he did have a few bad games at the wrong time.

if the coach had put Schneider back in for even some of the games we would have won: like after game 3 when Lu got blown out, should have started Schneider for game 4, then back to Lu for game 5 at home. started Schneider in game 6 in Boston if he won the previous... ----> won cup. in 5 games, or 7...

i blame coaching, for what it is worth...

#229 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Are you trolling or do you legitimately not understand how team sports work?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#230 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Are you trolling or do you legitimately not understand how team sports work?

Absolutely, changes needed to be made to the rest of the team. Changes HAVE been made to the rest of the team. When the goaltender consistently lets in multiple soft goals in key situations, it's a problem. One that can be solved by using a different goalie.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#231 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

The only way Luongo gives us a shot at the cup is if he parks himself on the bench.

How sad is it that Luongo homers are celebrating our starting goalie being injured?

Meh sorta.

omgz 1 person said something oh noez that means everyone thinks that, what's sad is how feeble your brain is

Every Lu Lover is thinking it. They are happy this has happened. Don't kid yourself.

So if we lose in the first round do we trade Schneider and Luongo

Luongo, and AV goes packing with him. (preferably AV first)

I have heard and read such descriptions of Luongo as -

Elite.
World class
Generational talent
Top 3/5/10 in the NHL

Best goalie on the planet (though not mentioned for quite a while)
Future Hall of Famer

These are the only truly outlandish adjectives/phrases to describe Luongo. Some of them may have been true at one time, but none of them are true today. If Luongo wanted more respect, perhaps he should've lived up to one of these billings rather than doing his best Dan Cloutier impersonation at crucial times during the playoffs every year.

I would say the bolded are true.

zackass.png

#232 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Every Lu Lover is thinking it. They are happy this has happened. Don't kid yourself.

I like Luongo, and i'm not.

Is it nice to see him get a start? yes, but not because Schneider is hurt. But it is what it is

#233 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I like Luongo, and i'm not.

Is it nice to see him get a start? yes, but not because Schneider is hurt. But it is what it is

Apollo, CH_101 and DownUnda are probably filled to the brim with Luongo-related elation.

#234 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

As per team 1040 during the pregame show Dave Tomlinson (Canuck Color Guy) says he is certain that Cory Schneider is definitely injured and that this isnt just a smoke screen. He says he thinks it happened in 1 of 2 occasions in the 3rd period vs the Hawks. 1 was during the breakaway where the Hawk player made a Forsberg like breakaway attempt and Schneids had to stretch and extend to save it.

In my opinion the 100 percent tell tale sign will be on Saturday vs Edmonton! If Luongo starts then there shouldnt be too big of a concern with Schneids. BUT, if Joe Canaata gets the start then LOOKOUT! it means the Canucks are resting Lu to avoid any injury!

#235 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

that's a tad unsettling.

#236 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Obviously, he's injured. The Canucks wouldn't bring up our farm goalie just so that Schneider doesn't have to be around when lu gets his last home start.

#237 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

...except they interviewed Gillis during the intermission and he said it's a minor injury and Cory will be ready for the playoffs.

#238 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

1 week until the playoffs, no worries.

#239 Fibbing

Fibbing

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I would like to see cannata get a start to see what hes got.

#240 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

This sucks, next year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.