The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who believes we can steal two in San Jose?

pimpcurtly

If Luongo (or Schneider) play well and don't allow weak, demoralizing goals, than I think we will win. The difference in this series right now is that Niemi hasn't faced much, but hasn't given up any weak goals. Luongo has needed to be and has been great, but gave up that weak tying goal. The Sedins also have to show up.

oh god this. how can our team get pumped up when our crowd is much quieter than everyone else? i can understand in the regular season and all, but this is the playoffs. even cuthbert mentioned the quietness of the crowd, but thinly veiled it calling the fans "nervous"

I think one thing that may play in our favour is if we see a shift in the Sharks towards concentrating more resources defensively on Kesler. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sedins pot a few in as a result.

I would think we will win the next game and then anything can happen.

blues/kings series, i'm telin' y'all. that blues crowd was red hot for the entire game. really kept me at the edge of my seat and popped when st. louis scored. the canucks scored, kes put on the "beast mode" and i was like, meh. this crowd isn't making anything special at all. no atmosphere

According to the NHL, teams that have trailed 0-2 have come back to win it in 6 or 7 games only 12.7% of the time. (most recent being Philly over Boston 2010)

And in the past five playoff seasons, San Jose has never lost a series where it won game 1.

But we all know how much statistics applies to this team , so it's definitely possible. :towel:

Archived