The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All We are Saying...Is Give Booth a Chance

Angry Goose

Why does everyone want to get rid of Booth?

Isin't he the speedy power forward that we are all looking to acquire?

Sure he seems to be injury prone! But why not give him a chance and see what he can do when he's healthy! 4.5 mill for a potential 30 goals power forward, is worth the risk!

Buying him out is such a dumb idea

Since you see everyone wanting to get rid of Booth, why couldn't you have replied in one of those threads?

As for Booth, I think he should stay; he's played pretty well when he's been healthy and brings an element the team sorely needs. He's a clear upgrade on Raymond at any rate.

I think he stays. From reading Botch's articles, it seems like that's the plan. They'd rather use the compliance buyout to purchase some assets than buy out Booth with it. Bit of a risk assuming Booth can be a $4.2M top 6 guy again when the cap is going down. Hopefully they have him in some sort of skills camp this summer (like they did with Kass).

$4.5 million for a possible 30 point player is a lot of money.

His injury history is not good.

He's been in decline since his multiple concussions.

He's on a second line where other players tend to shoot, not dish the puck to him.

Might be a nice guy, but I don't think he fits our club. That's why Florida let him go for so little.

A chance for what?

I can't argue with the charisma of guys like Booth, Kesler, Raymond, etc. Wow, that photo of Kesler in his all-together. Wow, isn't he well-muscled. Isn't he cool. What a super hero. Yo go!

Is it possible these professional poster boys may occasionally masquerade as hockey pros?

Not only do the top NHL pro teams expect their star players to play to the max, regularly (what?) score goals, and provide support (all too often lacking here) to their fellow teammates, but they are also expected to have the experience, awareness, and plain old commonsense to protect themselves from serious debillitating injury on the ice, and to make certain they are sufficiently conditioned to bounce back quickly from injury.

These clowns have been injured more times than not, constantly leaving the Canucks highly ineffective in the Offensive zone.

My opinion. There are too many highly paid passengers on this train without a legitimate ticket to ride, that is earned through results. Time for a good heave-ho off the rear-carriage as far as I'm concerned!

$4.5 million for a possible 30 point player is a lot of money.

His injury history is not good.

He's been in decline since his multiple concussions.

He's on a second line where other players tend to shoot, not dish the puck to him.

Might be a nice guy, but I don't think he fits our club. That's why Florida let him go for so little.

Who? Oh yeah, that guy.

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

Christianity, vanity, guy shot a manatee

This-ism, that-ism, ism ism ism

All we are saying is give Booth a chance

(C'mon)

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

Minister, Sinister, we ain't gonna win this year

Penalty and bear kills, trophy hunts, cheap thrills

Where'd we put our chill pills?

Well, I'd like to keep him in a Ron Duguay way but that's likely just the female hockey fan in me.

I also do think he's an asset but agree that he's fairly disconnected from the group and, in particular, the fanbase. However, they don't pay these athletes to make friends in the community, they pay them to win hockey games....I think he has a role in that and can contribute if he stays healthy.

Archived