The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ballard put on waivers

this is great news, even if he isn't on unconditional waivers I would think it's a sign he will be bought out if no one picks him up. They absolutely need to buy him out, without buying him out the Canucks only have 4 million for 5 roster spots. having 8 million for 6 roster spots isn't so bad especially when some of those spots are 4'th line 7'th defensemen 13'th forward spots. If th Canucks lose Ballard they have the ability to get 1 more impact player with 4 million or so cap hit instead of press box ballard with a 4.2 million cap hit.

I knew the Aquilini's were broke, almost everone of their investments, from the realty around rogers arena to blueberry farms has tanked this past year. I'll make a more lengthy post about this later, but it eexplains the Schneider movement and Ballard being waived, NOBODY is being bought out.

1. Ballard is on conventional waivers, not $100.00 waivers. This means Ballard is not going on waivers for the purpose of being bought out.

2. If claimed, Ballard's contract becomes the property of another team and his contract still stands.

3. Only if the acquiring team buys out Ballard before July 5th can Ballard re-sign at a cheaper price with any team except the team that bought him out.

4. Since Ballard's contract is for the next three years only, I highly doubt a team picks him off waivers for the purpose of buying him out.

Try to send the entire contract, if no one bites, put him on waivers again to buy him out. Too bad, I liked Keith and I thought he would've done better under Torts. But every team in the league is having to make business decisions right now, so that's the way it goes.

I knew the Aquilini's were broke, almost everone of their investments, from the realty around rogers arena to blueberry farms has tanked this past year. I'll make a more lengthy post about this later, but it eexplains the Schneider movement and Ballard being waived, NOBODY is being bought out.

Everyone sees this as good, and I get why, free up cap space

but lets look at the last two days

1. Traded the wrong player for less than his value

2. Having to dump a contract and maybe buy out because it was a bad trade

Who's fault is that? AV's? or MG?

hmm...

cleaning up his mess

Archived