The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Santorelli

Visp

Got put on the 4th line, lost confidence, sent down to the minors, then came back and plugged away in the bottom 6. Because AV.

If he plays there full time this year he will come close to 30 goals. That said, it's a contract year, so maybe we want to keep him quiet(er) and soften his hit at renewal.

I'd honestly be surprised if he makes the big club. Not exactly a Torts type of player. 3 blocked shots last year total.

I don't think Torts is looking for fringe players that play soft and don't sacrifice defensively.

Heck even Daniel Sedin had 7 blocked shots and Henrik had 9.

That leaves us with $5,147,222 left to sign 4 players including Tanev.

Assuming Tanev gets 2m and Schroeder gets 1.2m, we recall Gaunce and Jensen, then we are ~100k under the cap.

I think the dollar value on this signing is to allow for us to sign Tanev and Schroeder next.

Good face-off guy. If Schroeder/rookies don't fill out our third line Richardson will move up and this guy will get the spot. Can play on wing as a weise/pinizotto replacement too while taking favourable faceoffs.

The theme this year centers and face-offs. I like that.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Kassian - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Santorelli - Schroeder

Gaunce - Richardson - Higgins

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

That's the best I can think of for possible lineups... Not a ton of room for prospects

He was demoted so that the Twins could regain their scoring touch. After that he got stuck in various roles with limited ice-time and the odd "promotion" to the top 6 for short stints. Only AV would break up the teams best performing line by demoting the (at the time) team's leading scorer.

The reason for demotion wasn't just because the Sedins were struggling. He was struggling in his last few games with the Sedins too. So far in his brief career he has proven to be a streaky player. He did the same thing down in Chicago last season, went through a hot stretch and then made mistakes and got demoted. His game really lacks consistency and a lot of that might be traced to his wonky back. It seems whenever his back flares up his play declines.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Kassian - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Santorelli - Schroeder

Gaunce - Richardson - Higgins

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

That's the best I can think of for possible lineups... Not a ton of room for prospects

The reason for demotion wasn't just because the Sedins were struggling. He was struggling in his last few games with the Sedins too. So far in his brief career he has proven to be a streaky player. He did the same thing down in Chicago last season, went through a hot stretch and then made mistakes and got demoted. His game really lacks consistency and a lot of that might be traced to his wonky back. It seems whenever his back flares up his play declines.

Archived