The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leafs, Kadri remain far apart in negotiations

LouLam still has 4 million in cap space, and his entire roster signed... (and will have a boatload more to work with as Brodeur's, Jagr's, Zidlicky's...contracts expire at season's end).

LouLam had Henrique, the NHL's #1 bang for your buck player, at $550k the last couple years.

Henrique has not only scored at a pace relative to Hodgson and Kadri - he is also a very adept two way player, penalty killer, and produced what he has getting 47% offensive zone starts.

Lou Lam just locked up one hell of a two way player in Henrique for six years at a very reasonable cap hit, one that has the potential to be a steal in a few years - one that is less risky, given he is a two way player who can contribute in all situations - than the bigger money that these other young guys are demanding. I'd take Henrique over either of them.

Your assessment of Bolland is far from correct. No the Hawks did not get rid of him at the first opportunity they got. Bolland suffered through injuries that derailed his season last year. The initial plan was to start him on as 2nd line center because the Hawks had no one who could fill in that role last year. Suffice to say that Bolland was not adequate at that role and Q knew that but still regarded Bolland highly enough to let him try. Bolland should never have played in an offensive role but he was our best center after Toews. Shaw and Kruger have been retained because they come cheaper and the Hawks needed the money to keep Bickell after his playoff performance. Bolland's salary made him a casualty, a million less and he would have stayed a Hawk.

Bolland is still a good player, injuries have really been a problem for him the past few years. If he can get back to being healthy he is still one of the best 3rd liners in the game. I think Bolland will have a good year next year provided he stays healthy, he probably leaves as a UFA next year though.

Unfortunately I think the Sens are on a budget despite cap space.

But that doesn't exclude Feaster lol, who has shown a willingness to drop the offersheet hammer before muahahaha, who also has a team hopelessly shallow up the middle, and over 7 million in cap space...

Come on Feaster, just do it. Anything over 4.9 million and the Leafs have to subtract from their already thin roster of 21.

Anything under 5.045 is a 1st and 3rd in compensation, and would pretty much force the Leafs hand.

The moment after that offersheet drops is the moment to hit Franson with one. :bigblush:

[Remember the talk out of Toronto of offersheeing Schneider? I do.]

Unfortunately I think the Sens are on a budget despite cap space.

But that doesn't exclude Feaster lol, who has shown a willingness to drop the offersheet hammer before muahahaha, who also has a team hopelessly shallow up the middle, and over 7 million in cap space...

Come on Feaster, just do it. Anything over 4.9 million and the Leafs have to subtract from their already thin roster of 21.

Anything under 5.045 is a 1st and 3rd in compensation, and would pretty much force the Leafs hand.

The moment after that offersheet drops is the moment to hit Franson with one. :bigblush:

[Remember the talk out of Toronto of offersheeing Schneider? I do.]

Archived