The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

I searched the site for a similar thread but couldn't find one (surprisingly), so hopefully this one can remain open for discussion and unlocked.

I don't understand what the obsession with Booth here is. At his cap hit, I really believe he's extremely overpaid. I would much rather have another Hansen, Santorelli, Mayson Raymond or Brendan Morrow, or about a dozen other players.

Just to put his value in perspective, of the three players named below, two of which make much less than him, what one player would you cut of the three if you had to right now:

Hansen

Santorelli

Booth

I'm very curious.............

Booth's played well considering he didn't have a training camp and is coming off a serious injury. It's going to take him a while to get up to speed, which is why Torts is limiting his minutes. He's generated some chances in the opportunities he's been given. Historically, it takes a few games for Booth to get going coming back from an injury (at least during his time here). He's overpaid, but I can't complain about his play so far.

I searched the site for a similar thread but couldn't find one (surprisingly), so hopefully this one can remain open for discussion and unlocked.

I don't understand what the obsession with Booth here is. At his cap hit, I really believe he's extremely overpaid. I would much rather have another Hansen, Santorelli, Mayson Raymond or Brendan Morrow, or about a dozen other players.

Just to put his value in perspective, of the three players named below, two of which make much less than him, what one player would you cut of the three if you had to right now:

Hansen

Santorelli

Booth

bolded part is why there is an obsession about booth. People are obsessed that he isnt living up to his contract. Surely you couldnt be so naive to think people were obsessed about his good play?

He has been OKAY this year with the allowance for no training camp and coming off a major injury. Hopefully he can turn it around we sure could use his size and scoring touch that he showed in florida.

Hansen

Santorelli

Booth

I don't get the obsession CDC has with making negative threads with no substance.

If a team like Mtl would take him off our hands(this yr & next), would it make sense to eat 1 mill of his cap(both seasons); enhancing return(middling prospect, & a 3rd) AND opening up an extra 3 mill in cap (for us)?

Also, if his cap hit was only about 3 mill, would a team such as Mtl show interest?

How bout we stop the constant bashing of our players and support them. He has been constantly injured and never has had an opportunity to get back to his former self. You guys will hate on him and call for a trade. Then when gmmg does trade or buy him out and he finds his form with another team you will all call for mgs head for getting rid of him. Remember how hard power forwards are to get? Well how bout we support the one we have thru his tough times and let him blossom when we need it the most! Wouldn't it be nice to get some support from your teams fans. This is why every other team thinks were the worst fan base. You guys did the exact same thing with mason Raymond and his injury! A broken freaking back, and now you want him back.

You would almost think he was a liability the way CDC is acting......He has demonstrated that he can be a force out there when he's full on..When he barrel houses to the net ..he's unstoppable...I know that Torts has faith in him..Hes just had awful luck with injuries.

Just for example, look at the nifty play Weise, Bieksa & Rich came up with. You can't tell me they'd planned that-but you throw the puck around a bit(while moving w/pace), & things will sometimes materialize. In the Sedinery short-passing/cycling, I think there's genius which all(almost all) their teammates try to emulate/recreate, at times(they're influenced by this particular greatness). I don't see any of this from Booth. His hobbies/eccentricities aside; I'm sorry, I don't see ANY flair, creativity, and/or special skills commensurate with EVEN 2.5 mill worth of cap, taken from our 64.3 mill total. It's scandalous robbery what this guy has made, whilst cramming his Sarah Palinesque-existence down our throats. We need an exit-strategy, & pronto.

I think that once Booth is 100%, he will go back up to the second line and start producing regularly.

With all the time off he has had, his conditioning is below the level it needs to be.

If things don't work out for him, he will be moved - either by trade or being bought out.

I, for one, would like to see DB scoring goals on a regular and consistent basis - he is capable of giving us the secondary scoring we so desperately need.

If we all stick by him the way Torts is - we might be pleasantly surprised in a few weeks time!

Archived