The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we re-sign Mike Santorelli?

Junkyard Dog

456 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

explain where he fits in our line up. Sedin Sedin Kesler. Booth Horvat Burrows. Higgins Gaunce Hansen. Archibald Richardson Kassian

Ummm are you kidding me? I'm reading over these posts and wonder what makes you think Horvat, Booth and Archy will even be around next season. Horvat isn't going to make this team for at least 2 seasons, maybe more (unless some miracle happens or something more stupid then trading Snides for this guy). Booth is gone! The only reason he's still on the team now is that he couldn't be bought out because of injury. Archy seems like a few mistakes kindy guy, but he can't hold a candle next to Santa's skill (merry x-mas) and Richardson ...well he's been good, but only good enough for 3rd line center at best.

Next Season Roster:

Sedin / Sedin / Burrows

Higgins / Kesler / Santorelli

Hanson / Schroeder or Richardson / Kassian or Shinkaruk

Sestito / ? (trade guy) or Welsh / Weise or Gaunce

*NOTES: I could see Richardson gone and Horvat taking that spot, but I doubt it... he needs to be developed and the nucks do that slowly and Richardson is under contract past next season. Sestito (already signed not going anywhere), he's big and mean and that's what this team needs come playoff time and that's hopefully where Kassian shows his talents (if he cares to try has plenty of skills). He's also cheep (cap effects everything).

Other Players I Call BS On:

Jensen < total bust, says he wants to be like Hanson, well lets start with effort like Hanson, then maybe. Won't make this team ever based on lack of effort.

Schroeder < If he doesn't make the team next year, hes gone. To many injuries to waist any more time on. I lined him up above, but I don't have much hope, Welsh or someone we trade for will slot in the 3rd line center.

My opinions are based on Salary Caps, Signings and yep, experience with how Gillis thinks.

Sign him..then a deal like this: Edler, Hansen, Schroeder & Kassian, for: Simmonds & both Schenns. We need to move on from some of the past. Our four listed guys are Oct-Mar players; we need more Mar-June types, which this deal would address. Too many smaller(yet hard-working) Santo-types & this team will get hacked/whacked out of spring..Sign him, cos' he should come cheaper(ala Burr, due to hometown); but another big trade will then be required.

Probably the best overall conditioned player on the team and home town player!

Lock him up, 3 years 1.75 - 2 mill per!

He is a good solid player (my favorite rite now) but he has past conditioning issues

I think a bonus laden contract is best in this situation due to his last contract and what R.F. said on 1040

It will keep the player focused in the off season IMO

2-4 years at 1 million dollar base

With a 1 million dollar bonus if he averages over .5 PPG

And a 2 million dollar bonus if he averages over .7 PPG

Or something along those lines

I think we will start to see (or should start to see) a lot of contracts like how Iggy was signed in BOSTON

yes of coures re-sign him. he is producing like a top 6 player but he is going to have to take a discount.

1) only has had 1 other good year

2) stay with his hometown team, a team that he does well on

id say if he wants longer term than anywhere from 2-3mill

if he wants to try to earn bigger money than he has to go on another 1 year contract 2 mill

Yes beards are only for guys with girly looking faces to make them feel like men. There are far too many examples of this.

How dare you!

Also, unless he is asking for a large raise after a single good season I don't see why we wouldn't sign him. He doesn't seem like the greedy type of player and maybe he will learn from Carter's mistake. Carter probably could have stuck around with the Canucks a while longer but instead asked for too much money before dropping of the radar.

Hopefully Santo does the sensible thing and sign a bridge contract.

sigh him up

4years with 10million =2.5 million a season

same like higgy and hansen

yup... i think this is what itll likely take if he keeps up the pace. however, we might just want to see what other options are available come july, considering Bob McKenzies report of the cap being at 71M and possibly better.

He is a good solid player (my favorite rite now) but he has past conditioning issues

I think a bonus laden contract is best in this situation due to his last contract and what R.F. said on 1040

It will keep the player focused in the off season IMO

2-4 years at 1 million dollar base

With a 1 million dollar bonus if he averages over .5 PPG

And a 2 million dollar bonus if he averages over .7 PPG

Or something along those lines

I think we will start to see (or should start to see) a lot of contracts like how Iggy was signed in BOSTON

I think his past issues are injury related than conditioning. Could be wrong, but being in the condition he is right now usually comes from long term commitment.

Is this even a question? Worst case scenario: he is the 3rd line centre we have been looking for since losing Manny, upside: he has the potential to move to the 2nd line as both a wing and as a center.

I would re-sign him for 2-3 years at $2 million per season. If he works out I would love to see him re-sign to a Hansen/Higgins type 6 year $2.5 million per deal. This guy has been a steal for us and while I'm not sold on him as a top-6 forward, he is still a pretty phenomenal 3rd line guy that gives us great depth of scoring.

20-25-36 best third line in the league in my opinion. The biggest hole on this team for me is once again the 2nd line but 25 is a great option to help fill the glaring holes that exist in this lineup, at least for short spurts.

Wait to see how he does in the playoffs (if the Canucks make it). If they to re-sign him right now, I'd say a one year deal at $2M seems fair. Like I said though, should wait to see how they do in the playoffs.

Love the "Gillis is an idiot" posts though.

- Garrison - Cheap.

- Tanev - Cheap.

- Santorelli - Cheap, steal.

- Sedin's - Cheap, not on long term contracts.

- Bieksa - Cheap.

- Kesler - Affordable, not on long term contract.

- Richardson - Cheap. Short contract.

- Hamhuis - Cheap. Not on long term.

Only contract(s) you can fault him for is:

- Burrows ($4.5M) Although most knew it was an overpayment, it was also to make good on the previous contract Burrows got.

- Luongo. Terrible contract. However, part of the blame goes to Luongo/agent for obviously assisting in such a contract, and the NHL for allowing contracts like this to take place to begin with. Blenty of blame goes around on that one.

LOL Hahahaha

that, in Rypien's name, is inappropriate imo.

How so? I am laughing at someone who seems to think Bieksa and cheap contract should be in the same sentence. I think that's more then warranted.

I am well aware Rypien and Bieksa were very good friends....doesn't mean I have to think highly of Bieksa myself.

Don't be so up tight.

Archived