The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goodtimes reading about the Rags and AV team turmoil...

CanucksJay

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1558197

As a known anti AV guy, I found this thread pretty amusing to read.

So AV pretty much diplomatically called out Sather in his post game saying that he cannot coach the puck possession strategy he wants to coach with the way the team is built.

1) Yes I know... Sather is a bad GM

2) AV is an idiot for either

a) Accepting a job in NY fully knowing the roster he has to work with

or

B) Trying to coach a puck possession style game with a team full of grinders and not being able to adapt.

Witnessing his inability to adapt in Van, my guess is, one of 2 things will happen

1) Sather gets fired

or

2) Sather tries to make a move to accommodate AV but when that ultimately fails, he fires AV.

I think option 1 will occur as Sather has had enough chances and the fans are calling for his head. Also it looks bad to fire a coach that they JUST hired.

Interesting enough, Torts coached a high powered offence first Tampa Bay team to the cup and then completely changed his style to take the Rags to the ECF as a defensive team.

Seems like Torts knows how to play to the strengths of his players while AV is pretty one dimensional. And its funny that AV is complaining about the roster as during his first year in Van, he took a team full of grinders to 2nd round. I would have imagined that he would do something similar with the Rags but it is perplexing that instead of adjusting, he is complaining.

Personally speaking, I think AV should shut his trap and coach to the teams strengths. If the team is only capable of winning by collapsing in front of their net and blocking shots, maybe it's the coach that needs to adjust. AV full well knew what the roster was when he signed his contract. He shouldn't be throwing his boss under the bus.

Here's a bonus..This read is pretty funny too...

http://hfboards.hock...1521947&page=22

looks like the Rags aren't showing much effort since Torts left...

AND the hits just keep on coming

Here's a tweet from Tort's daughter

http://snyrangersblo...uickly-deleted/

Taj @taj1944Follow

#shotsfired RT @BrittanyKellen: NYR and MSG ... You got want you want right? Hopefully you find some identity.

8:46 PM - 10 Dec 2013

Interesting.

What I don't understand is why AV is doing this now when he knew what he had on the roster going into this gig. Not sure why he thinks calling out the GM is a good idea. Seems to me if he has an issue that he would deal with Slats behind closed doors.

Maybe he should've taken the Dallas job instead. Would have given him a good young core who could learn to play his system.

This is karma for calling a timeout when they were leading 5-0 late in the 3rd. Since then, we have won 5 games and the Rags cant buy a win and have fallen into mediocrity.

Too bad the the east being so damn bad that even with their abysmal record, they are only two points out of a playoff spot. lol

He's making excuses. They have skilled forwards. Hagelin, Stepan, Nash and Brassard come to mind

Yea but after that, you have a bunch of third/fourth line grinders in Pyatt, Boyle, Callahan, Dorsett, and so on. Their forwards are mostly grinders and they were well suited for the grind game where it was just dump and chase. They have no skilled forwards that can handle the puck other than the ones you mentioned and Brad Richards that can carry the puck into the zone and keep possession of it. It's not working because the team isn't built to be a puck possession team.

I don't get it. Is the post-game presser mentioned in the HF thread this one - http://prohockeytalk...t-another-loss/ ?

I didn't hear him say anything about the personnel he's been given. In context, he talks about their record after giving up the first goal, and how that affects his system. He does call one of his own players out. Not sure who he's talking about - a veteran forward who made a bad pinching decision?

AV can thank the twins and Luongo for everything he achieved in Vancouver. That Jack Adams pretty much solely belongs to Luongo for the unbelievable season he had that year. That was a horrible team with no right to make the playoffs, and it's not like the coaching was fantastic - Luongo had to make about 5 highlight reel stops a night when our systems broke down time and time again.

AV can thank the twins and Luongo for everything he achieved in Vancouver. That Jack Adams pretty much solely belongs to Luongo for the unbelievable season he had that year. That was a horrible team with no right to make the playoffs, and it's not like the coaching was fantastic - Luongo had to make about 5 highlight reel stops a night when our systems broke down time and time again.

And now Luongo just lets in the first shot every game, his nickname should be ONE SHOT ONE GOAL.

And now Luongo just lets in the first shot every game, his nickname should be ONE SHOT ONE GOAL.

consistent give aways

consistent 2 on 1's

breakaways

brain farts

failed block shots

screening of Loui's vision

mirage of unfortunate goals some how findin its way in the net(i have no idea how)

consistent pressure of your team not scoring jack sh*t

Our Defense scoring in your own net

we still win games

:rolleyes:

Luongo hasn't allowed a goal on the first shot in the last 7 games and it's nowhere near every game.

But, sure, take an AV thread off topic to bash Luongo with greatly exaggerated and incorrect information :picard:

I think this goal literally saved AV from being fired back in 09.

That January was brutal. Luongo injured, Sundin nowhere near game shape, a bazillion losses in a row at home ...

I think the only thing that saved AV was the extenuating circumstances during the losing skid and Sundin being a real difference maker later in the season once his conditioning allowed him to actually compete.

consistent give aways

consistent 2 on 1's

breakaways

brain farts

failed block shots

screening of Loui's vision

mirage of unfortunate goals some how findin its way in the net(i have no idea how)

consistent pressure of your team not scoring jack sh*t

Our Defense scoring in your own net

we still win games

You should add constant excuses to that list as well.

Archived