The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

This could be a good thing for Fox. If he can impress with Charlotte for the rest of the AHL season, he could secure another NHL deal with the Canucks. If the Canucks opt to pass on Fox, and he still impresses in Charlotte enough, it may mean he gets a deal with the Carolina Hurricanes.

It's a weird deal, nonetheless, but it makes sense. Hensick at least gives the Utica some veteran depth as they try to get in the hunt for an AHL playoff apperance.

2 minutes ago, Quantum said:

This could be a good thing for Fox. If he can impress with Charlotte for the rest of the AHL season, he could secure another NHL deal with the Canucks. If the Canucks opt to pass on Fox, and he still impresses in Charlotte enough, it may mean he gets a deal with the Carolina Hurricanes.

It's a weird deal, nonetheless, but it makes sense. Hensick at least gives the Utica some veteran depth as they try to get in the hunt for an AHL playoff apperance.

Was this AHL deal done because we lost Cracknell to waivers, and this Hensick guy is taking Cracker's role?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was this AHL deal done because we lost Cracknell to waivers, and this Hensick guy is taking Cracker's role?

From what I can tell, I think so. He'll also likely fill for Gaunce as he stays with the NHL club. (With Henrik's injury, I don't anticipate Gaunce will be back in Utica anytime soon). It's a solid move for Utica... and like I said, a good opportunity for Dane Fox to prove himself in the AHL. I'll be interested to see how he performs at the AHL level.

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

From what I can tell, I think so. He'll also likely fill for Gaunce as he stays with the NHL club. (With Henrik's injury, I don't anticipate Gaunce will be back in Utica anytime soon). It's a solid move for Utica... and like I said, a good opportunity for Dane Fox to prove himself in the AHL. I'll be interested to see how he performs at the AHL level.

Let's hope Fox keeps lighting the lamp, and chucking the knuckles.  

4 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

no..he was just traded for futures..Now official - #Canucks trade Dane Fox to Carolina for Future Considerations.

Ah

Oh well. Free asset. We shed a contract. No reason to get upset overy an echler

2 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:
Just now, Yotes said:

Well the MG prospects gets smaller, who is next on the chopping block...

Ah

Oh well. Free asset. We shed a contract. No reason to get upset overy an echler

not many left actually that arent already playing for us..I hope they give Grenier a contract at seasons end.

3 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

not many left actually that arent already playing for us..I hope they give Grenier a contract at seasons end.

no but he is the oldest and maybe he gets a stint here near the end of the year for us to determine what to do with him.

Grenier/Gaunce/Subban could be in a package deal with say a higgins for a pick. Not my suggestion but a Benning/Weisbrod type of move no?

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

no but he is the oldest and maybe he gets a stint here near the end of the year for us to determine what to do with him.

Grenier/Gaunce/Subban could be in a package deal with say a higgins for a pick. Not my suggestion but a Benning/Weisbrod type of move no?

wouldnt surprise me at all...it better be a good pick for that package..not a second.

23 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Unfortunate and adding all the pieces up, looks like he has next to no future in this organization.

:(

wish Fox the best of luck...hope you actually get an opportunity in Charlotte/Carolina...really hate this part about the current regime.

Archived