The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Suspended 6 Games

Strombone1

Torts didn't hit anybody , the media is making this out to be way bigger a deal than it really is.

What did he do wrong really , go to the opposisions dressing room?

So what. big deal.

A cross check to the ribs on two players and a cross check to the head and hurting players is a bigger deal to me.

People should expect and learned by now that if it's any Canuck disciplinary and or player infraction where Shanaban and Count Bettman are involved to review then it's a guarantee WORST case scenario and extreme hand down verdict even with or without obvious league precedence.

See - Aaron Rome in Finals

See - Kassian with Gagner

See - Edler with Hertl

See - Roy go crazy on the bench (no fine)

See - Calgary's involvement Saturday (not even any comment)

See - reffing against Vancouver post-Auger incident (no NHL action)

See - Auger's discipline for calling out Burrows and making him 'pay' (no fine/NHL action)

See - Hanzal on 3 Canuck players (minor fine)

See - Keith on Daniel Sedin (was there even a penalty? + no fine/NHL action)

See - McGrattan's hit on Alberts (no fine/NHL action)

See - Nolan's charge/kneeing on Henrik Sedin (no fine/NHL action)

I could go on...

Glad Hartley got a fine...think he should have to sit too. But I guess on a team that doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.

The comment by CC about embarrassment really highlights the ego of the NHL brass. If your league is being embarrassed, you have to fix something, not punish someone. It reflects on you and falls in your lap, so don't deflect it elsewhere. This league is becoming an embarrassment and they're running the show, so do they not see the connection? Take any ownership?

It's embarrassing that a guy who runs the show can have a kid playing in the game. Conflict of interest?

The game was an embarrassment. That week of games we played was.

Their league is currently a gong show.

Were they embarrassed when Kessel chopped guys with his stick?

Some real buffoons at the helm. Be embarrassed that 10 years after the Bertuzzi incident you're still no further ahead and you're still running a league that gets some so frustrated that they lash out. Be embarrassed that you allow that to develop/happen (still).

No, never mind...I'm embarrassed for you NHL.

This warranted a suspension in setting a "you just can't do that" way. But what about all that other crap? When's that message being sent? Need help spelling big words in the memo?

I expected this, but am also really angry over it. The whole/big picture needs a look at it (again). Not just isolated incidents when it's a team in the doghouse. All teams, all incidents. That's how you make it stop and, in turn, stop being embarrassed by your product.

Colin Campbell calls Totorella's attempt to get to Flames locker room "both dangerous and an embarrassment to the league", "Mr. Tortorella failed in his responsibility to the game."

the only person that's an embarrassment to the league is...well...mr. colin campbell......and his buddies in NY head office

Edit: for the record, I'm fine with the suspension, at least it wasnt the full 10 games....

Archived