The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

No. You can't call up players from Major Junior during the season. Once their season is over they can play in the AHL, and I think the NHL regular season. But then you're burning a year off their ELC.

Not quite true, you can call up a player in juniors IF it's an emergency call up. Basically if calling someone up from your farm team will make it so they can't dress a full proper line up, then you are allowed to call up one of your players from junior. I believe they have to go back to juniors as soon as someone becomes healthy though.

Not quite true, you can call up a player in juniors IF it's an emergency call up. Basically if calling someone up from your farm team will make it so they can't dress a full proper line up, then you are allowed to call up one of your players from junior. I believe they have to go back to juniors as soon as someone becomes healthy though.

Well our lack of offence should qualify.... but I meant just because we may want to call up a junior player, you can't.

I feel terrible about the losing streak also, but I still want this damn team to win. I usually only post in GDT's because this fan base is bent. I know not winning the cup sucks, but I still want a damn cup! If you think the team sucks, don't pay attention. I do from time to time. I will never be a fan of any other team, the way I support the Nucks. But I don't go telling everyone I hate them when they can't string together some wins. After last season I didn't put so much stock into this season. I kind of thought this was a measuring stick for Torts. As far as I'm concerned, fix the PP and we have ourselves a team again. End rant.

As for tonight, I have high hopes. High hopes for a win. I don't care by how much or how they get it done. Just get it done!!

Archived