The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you move Schroeder?

Ugli Fruit

Schroeder couldn't carry his golf bag.

That might be because Hedman's clubs would be massively oversized and Schroeder is not massively oversized.

The bag would be dragging on the ground the whole time... Of course he couldn't carry it. What a silly thing to say.

I think the decision next year for the Nucks will be hard. They now have a strong group up the middle if Horvat can make the jump

Henrik

Kesler

Santo (assume he'll be resigned and lucky for nucks he will come cheap bc of the injury)

Richardson

Horvat

Schroeder

Mattias

I think the best lines if all work out will be

Burr / Henrik / Jensen

Daniel / Horvat / Kesler

Matthias / Santo/Schroeder / Kassian

Higgins / Richardson / Hansen

Therefore the challenge will be Santo or Schroeder. I don't know if Schroeder in the minors will help him so they will have a very important decision to make.

I don't think Santo is really a 2c so not sure what happens if Horvat isn't ready....best outcome for the nucks is that Horvat is ready but if not, problem becomes 2w - the issue we've always had..

If so, for what kind of return? Big winger like a Voracek type? Young pmd like Hedman? A veteran backup maybe?

All three may be viable, at least under present circumstances. That said, there might be some reasons to keep him as well.

Schroeder is on the short side, yes. However he isn't, "small". He is stocky, which means he is at least pretty stable and not very easy to knock down (recall Brad Marchand, for example). This can translate into agility AND balance, two things a lot of bigger players fall short on. Add his good pace/hands and he has potential there.

He is also a hybrid of a playmaker and scorer. He can do both equally well, and that makes him very versatile. Regardless of whether or not he can transition to wing, he will synergize with a wider group of people and complement them appropriately.

I recall in the first intermission vs Washington, Schroeder was asked about his linemates (I think it was Matthias and Booth or Kassian), and he was talking about how they were creating enough space for him to be able to think more about his game. That goes to show that not all three forwards have to be massive to be dangerous.

I personally think he could be an asset - a younger and potentially better Derek Roy, if you will. Shouldn't really be built around him, but is a very, very good complementary forward who will not be that expensive (his lack of size may eat into his value, especially in the west).

Thoughts?

Wrong to the 13th degree.

You guys are crazy. He might get moved but for a 4th?!?! BAHA. wow. He's worth a Tinordi or Del Zotto at least. No homer.

You must be high as fuck off your tree if you think Schroeder is worth Tinordi or Del Zotto straight up.

High as a fucking kite.

OP is high as fuck for thinking Schroeder is worth anything even close to a Voracek or a Hedman, lol.

How do these ideas even happen?

He's more valuable to us than the potential return. I'd like him to at least be here at training camp next year to provide some competition for Horvat and Gaunce.

This makes the most sense..He has not been built into any kind of an asset yet..After the fact,we can keep him or trade him.

J.S gets cut zero slack because of his size.

It's odd to hear everyone gushing over Matthias' mediocre play, like he's the second coming of Lindros, while J.S's best work goes largely unnoticed.

I've seen him make real skill plays this year, so I know he has it in him. I just feel like the organization can't wait to shoo him out the door this summer.

If Gillis and Torts got behind him for the rest of the year and really put him in a position to succeed (With Kassian, playing second line minuets, maybe with Matthias on the wing as the lines' defensive conscience) I think we might start to see that Cliff Ronning type player we were all hoping for.

CDC is the type of place where they will derail a thread to pick at something that is honestly trivial at most... Yes Hedman is worth a lot more than JS but the point is should Schroeder be moved for a young pmd prospect or a big winger? Voracek and Hedman are good examples of young players who fill that role in the top 6/top 4, which is what MG would be looking for.

Stop being so sassy and so high and mighty, you're on the same message board too.

Fcuk me, this is the shining beacon that is the Canuck fanbase.

J.S gets cut zero slack because of his size.

It's odd to hear everyone gushing over Matthias' mediocre play, like he's the second coming of Lindros, while J.S's best work goes largely unnoticed.

I've seen him make real skill plays this year, so I know he has it in him. I just feel like the organization can't wait to shoo him out the door this summer.

If Gillis and Torts got behind him for the rest of the year and really put him in a position to succeed (With Kassian, playing second line minuets, maybe with Matthias on the wing as the lines' defensive conscience) I think we might start to see that Cliff Ronning type player we were all hoping for.

Matthias' mediocre work?

other than his putrid FO% he has been a useful piece, much more useful than Schroeder

Archived