The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst Restaurant Delivery Experience Ever

Magikal

i am a waiter and let me tell you, being a waiter is actually a great thing. we have smart people and we have dumb people. just like any career. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my workplace and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, restaurant managers are one of the best bosses you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all go to great schools , and will have lots of money when we graduate and a have family that we all love and take care off

seems to be a random post in this thread. Not sure what was your point?

Tips should never be mandatory especially if its a crappy service. Its total BS that they bitch about it too, like it their god damn given right to receive huge tips. I only give good tips to those who are good at their service.

Tips are mandatory in Vancouver everyone knows that. So when you don't tip for service then the worker does have a right to complain. I don't like it either but that's how it is. If you don't like the service you don't adjust the tip in my opinion but don't return to the business. Simple as that. The people that don't tip are just being cheap IMO and using quality of service as an excuse. If you don't like the service just don't go back there ever again.

Tips are mandatory in Vancouver everyone knows that. So when you don't tip for service then the worker does have a right to complain. I don't like it either but that's how it is. If you don't like the service you don't adjust the tip in my opinion but don't return to the business. Simple as that. The people that don't tip are just being cheap IMO and using quality of service as an excuse. If you don't like the service just don't go back there ever again.

If they were mandatory, they'd be included in the bill. If I like the food somewhere, but the guy serving is a douche, it doesn't make sense for me to stop patronizing the business because of that guy. Tips act as an incentive for good service. If we reward bad service like you do, then what's in it for a server to act in a professional manner?

I'm not being cheap, and tip very generously for great service, and around 15% for average service.

Last time i went out, I did not tip. We were put at a cramped tiny table, two orders at the table were messed up, no biggie wasn't mine, didn't hold that against them. However I asked for refills twice, the women said she'd go get it, however pretty much ignored out table and never made eye contact for the rest of the time. Took forever to get the bill and be able to pay as well. The other times I've gone there service had been great, automatically come and refill your things without even asking.

0 tip this time, I don't care.

Lol no they aren't. Also if I like the food but the server I had provided poor service I won't stop going there but I won't tip the waiter same as most people.

I don´t like this "mandatory tip". they receive a salary don´t? so the tip should be a complement for a good job and dedication...

if the salary is low it´s not my fault. it´s the economy, do the job better and you will get a better position and will receive a better salary...

if the guy/girl is good on what he/she does so I will give him/her a nice and generous tip but if not I will not give any tip at all and I really don´t care about how angry he/she is.

don´t like your job? so find another one where you like and can do your duty better...

also why delivery in USA/Canada is done by cars? in Brazil we use motorcycles, they are cheaper, faster and more simple. why you need a car to deliver a pizza when a motorcycle can do the same job faster and better?

then complain about the gas prices? how much fuel do you think a car consume just to deliver a single pizza? a motorcycle consume much less fuel for the same mission...

we have an expression for that, called "Motoboy". and they don´t ask for any tip. if we like his job we give him tip but the "motoboy" is not allowed to ask for any tip...

• 1 month later...

Just to revive this conversation. Cool concept, I think it's been brought up in earlier post. Let's see how this turns out, hope it works.

Vancouver Island restaurant plans to do away with tipping servers in favour of paying staff a living wage

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Tipping+allowed+restaurant+favour+paying+living+wage+employees/9827433/story.html

Just to revive this conversation. Cool concept, I think it's been brought up in earlier post. Let's see how this turns out, hope it works.

Vancouver Island restaurant plans to do away with tipping servers in favour of paying staff a living wage

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Tipping+allowed+restaurant+favour+paying+living+wage+employees/9827433/story.html

My God that's just crazy enough to work!

I hope so.. though I agree with some comments I've heard about this that the cooks should be paid (at least) as much as the servers... Though I guess it's mostly Pizza!

I wondered about that, the Cooks/chefs work just as hard as the servers, yet they never seem to get a cut.

I hope so.. though I agree with some comments I've heard about this that the cooks should be paid (at least) as much as the servers... Though I guess it's mostly Pizza!

I don't know about other people's experiences but one place I cooked at I was paid the same the other I was paid more.

I wondered about that, the Cooks/chefs work just as hard as the servers, yet they never seem to get a cut.

Both places I've worked the front of house and kitchen have split the tips not sure how many places do that though probably very few.

This is just an excuse to jack up prices, nothing more. In fact, he's raise prices nearly 20%. In the end good servers will wind up making less money as they can make far more in tips with great service. Also, they are now going to pay a hell of a lot more in taxes. We all know they claim very little of their tip money on their income tax now.

What incentive will there be now for good service?

This is just an excuse to jack up prices, nothing more. In fact, he's raise prices nearly 20%. In the end good servers will wind up making less money as they can make far more in tips with great service. Also, they are now going to pay a hell of a lot more in taxes. We all know they claim very little of their tip money on their income tax now.

What incentive will there be now for good service?

The same as it is for anyone that works in any non-tipping job?

Archived